UK Politics #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone surprised?

Clacton re-elected Douglas Carswell in 2014 when he defected to UKIP. I think if Farage stands a chance anywhere, it will be there. (Sorry to anyone from Clacton!)
Yup , I think he stands a chance in Clacton as well!

Maybe we need to mention a few local issues for him? Like the international port in Harwich, which does have a different MP, but is part of the same council area Tendring, that Clacton is in. How will Mr Farage ensure that transport links with Europe, both passenger and Haulage are maintained properly and successfully?

And Tendring is also part of the whole Pylons campaign, Where there are complaints about Pylons going across farmland to link the offshore Windfarms with London. Tendring doesnt have the pylons per se, it has underground cabling, linking the offshore farms to the massive Electricity substation due to be built near Great Bromley/Ardleigh, the new electricity substation, is a major reason for needing a pylon link across to this part of Essex, and a reason for digging up acres of the Area of outstanding natural beauty in Dedham Vale.
Its a cause a lot of local Tory MPs are very interested in, across East Anglia, as a lot of constituents are very incensed by the idea of East Anglia being a concrete coast, and losing so much natural countryside!!

I dont like or support Farage, but he is very personable and is going to have a large populist support vote!

Reactions: 4
Things are looking rather bleak for the Conservatives currently.
However just as things look unrecoverable they'll play their ace card.
Penny Mordaunt prancing round in her undies with a really big sword!
Hugely empowering and patriotic and a game changer.
Thats according to my high level political source Dirty Barry so I'm not just making it up.

• Haha
What's the opinion on voting for a party tactically?

My local area is a Tory stronghold. Has been for the last 40 odd years. Yet this year, polls are showing that Lib Dems are within 1 or 2% of Tories and there's a huge push in my village to vote LD to oust the Tory incumbent. However I am strongly Labour, always have been, always will be.

My local area is a Tory stronghold. Has been for the last 40 odd years. Yet this year, polls are showing that Lib Dems are within 1 or 2% of Tories and there's a huge push in my village to vote LD to oust the Tory incumbent. However I am strongly Labour, always have been, always will be.
I'm voting tactically. I too live in a Tory stronghold with Labour in second. Looking at the Yougov poll that come out today, if everyone in my area planning to vote Lib Dem or Green voted Labour, they would take the seat by 1%. I want the Tories out so I'm voting Labour despite wanting to vote Lib Dem.

Reactions: 8
Things are looking rather bleak for the Conservatives currently.
However just as things look unrecoverable they'll play their ace card.
Penny Mordaunt prancing round in her undies with a really big sword!
Hugely empowering and patriotic and a game changer.
Thats according to my high level political source Dirty Barry so I'm not just making it up.
Unironically that would probably swing it for half the uninterested electorate.

Reactions: 2

---
Is this as common as he gets knocking on millionaire row in his Sambas 😆
A real man of the people with them and his North Face anorak. He just needs a Boss or Stone Island sweatshirt now and the votes will pour in.

• Haha
It's his "man of the People" act that I can't stomach. He is anything but. He is a con man 😡

I have some small soft toys to hand to throw at my TV screen every time he is on.
I remember Russell brand (for all his faults and verbal diarrhoea) on question time going “he’s a pound shop Enoch Powell and we’ve got to watch him”. Hit the nail on the head

Can’t stand how that utter prick farage is getting airtime 🤬🤬🤬
For profit media companies and presenters need people like Farrage and Trump, they are all complicit in the gaslighting. Kier Starmer is boring, that will never do. Once Labour get in certain media outlets will start to lose even MORE viewers/listeners and in the desperate need for attention (and to keep their corporate advertisers happy) they will give even more airtime to divisive figures like Farage.

Reactions: 6
The only thing more boring than the obsession with Farage is the bloody obsession with polls…anything than a discussion about the actual issues

Reactions: 1
The only thing more boring than the obsession with Farage is the bloody obsession with polls…anything than a discussion about the actual issues
YES! Again, polling serves absolutely ZERO public service. It serves the companies that create them and sell the results and it serves media outlets who need a narrative. Pollsters know what they do is bollocks, but the media can't help themselves. Pathetic and desperate.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Same for me (I moved into a Tory stronghold since the last election). I voted Lim Dem in the local council elections last year and Tory councillors were almost wiped out. I'll be voting Lib Dem in the general election and keeping my finger crossed for the same result.

Reactions: 5

I think that if you can, and your primary goal is to wipe out the Tories then voting tactically is the only sensible option.
I wish I could vote tactically - in my constituency my only real option is to spoil my ballot paper, which is really not what I want to do.

Reactions: 2
I think that if you can, and your primary goal is to wipe out the Tories then voting tactically is the only sensible option.
I wish I could vote tactically - in my constituency my only real option is to spoil my ballot paper, which is really not what I want to do.
Why can’t you vote tactically? Are you in a strong Labour seat already?