UK Politics #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do kind of understand what you mean about Dianne Abbot and her response to Hester, but I do think that responding in a humorous fashion would have seriously undermined the seriousness of what he said and potentially opening the door for more. It’s not really comparing like for like - he wasn’t being witty or joking, he was being horribly racist and sexist. Laughing at his tiny dick is hardly comparable to him calling for her to be shot.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm just thinking about how my mum or late granny would have responded to him and it would have been some sort of withering comment. Not saying it's right ... but sometimes it just makes you feel better doesn't it. You know, to give as good as you get and shut the idiots up. I'm not so bad now as I've gotten older, but I know my tongue has gotten me into trouble with a quick, cutting, remark after being insulted! Another one of my many flaws! :ROFLMAO:

ps. That Jonathan Gullis bloke is WEIRD. Gives me the creeps BIG TIME.

Reactions: 3
Well, I am a black woman and while the response is disappointing, it doesn't surprise me. It seems it's more damning to be called _ist or _phobic than it is to actually be _ist or _phobic.

And he extended his hate to all black women so it goes beyond Diane. What does that say to potential voters?
I don’t think they give a tit about black women. Or black men come to that. If that wasn’t obvious enough before it certainly is now. Black womens votes aren’t the ones they’re looking for - they are clearly appealing to the 30p Lee demographic that likes racism and wants to be allowed to be racist and sexist and were thinking of voting Reform, but now don’t need to because the Tories can be just as disgusting.

Reactions: 6
What a nasty bunch of people the current Tory Party are. Even when defending Diane Abbott, Kemi Badenoch called her “Abbott”. Why not call her by her name, Diane Abbott. It sounded like she was being deliberately demeaning.
It looks like Badenoch was playing politics anyway and was deliberately posting to undermine Sunak, who was then given no option but to come out and call the remark as racist, as it clearly was. As Minister for Women and Equalities she took her time to make a comment about Hester’s remarks, but why was Sunak so slow to call Hester out? He is very weak and does nothing for the minority groups in this country despite his heritage.
The next election cannot come soon enough. We need to put this government out of their, and our, misery!
---
Do you not think everyone deserves to live in peace?
You point sounds like those who, when responding to the phrase “Blacks lives matter” say “white lives matter too”. But yes, as you found it necessary to ask, everyone deserves to live in peace, which includes Muslims for avoidance of doubt.
---
Do you not think everyone deserves to live in peace?
Your comment reminds of those who used to say in response to “Blacks lives matter” that “white lives matter too”.
It is a great shame that in what is supposed to be a tolerant country, religious buildings need to be given protection. And yes, everyone deserves to live in peace, including Muslims.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
What a nasty bunch of people the current Tory Party are. Even when defending Diane Abbott, Kemi Badenoch called her “Abbott”. Why not call her by her name, Diane Abbott. It sounded like she was being deliberately demeaning.
It looks like Badenoch was playing politics anyway and was deliberately posting to undermine Sunak, who was then given no option but to come out and call the remark as racist, as it clearly was. As Minister for Women and Equalities she took her time to make a comment about Hester’s remarks, but why was Sunak so slow to call Hester out? He is very weak and does nothing for the minority groups in this country despite his heritage.
The next election cannot come soon enough. We need to put this government out of their, and our, misery!
---

You point sounds like those who, when responding to the phrase “Blacks lives matter” say “white lives matter too”. But yes, as you found it necessary to ask, everyone deserves to live in peace, which includes Muslims for avoidance of doubt.
---

Your comment reminds of those who used to say in response to “Blacks lives matter” that “white lives matter too”.
It is a great shame that in what is supposed to be a tolerant country, religious buildings need to be given protection. And yes, everyone deserves to live in peace, including Muslims.
I think all lives matter ! We grew up in a supremacist state where sectarian division reigned and equality was a long time coming…I see so many similarities starting to erupt in UK where people ( all denominations) want the upperhand because they see themselves as the underdog, it’ll only get worse, politicians shouldn’t need a GPS checking system to let people know they’re safe, thugs shouldn’t be allowed to roam the streets terrorising people…Anarchy in the UK is upon us !

The streets of London have not been “safe” for some time. Have you seen the growing knife crime figures? It doesn’t help to jump on the culture war bandwagon that the Tories and Reform are trying to whip up to deflect from the dreadful state of the country’s finances, services and infrastructure.
Another pathetic performance from Sunak in PMQs today. He is a lame duck PM leading a lame duck party into an election in which his poor excuse for a political party will be wiped out at the polls. Sadly, in the meantime there will be more of this deflection and pouring fuel on the culture wars fire. Minority groups deserve better than to be used as a political footballs.

• Heart
On the radio this morning the presenter kept asking why Rishi only said something about it a day or so later :rolleyes: erm 10 million 🤷‍♀️
Part of what he said about the MP was racist but the shooting comment, when I was younger I'd hear it all the time, maybe it's a regional thing but I often heard 'I'm gonna shoot you' between family members, friends etc. Sounds alarming but it was just a way of saying you're annoying.
There's no way they're going to refuse all that cash if he still wants to donate BUT I can't fathom why on earth he would still want to. Maybe he's part of the reason they are this way now, no use to left or right.

Reactions: 1
On the radio this morning the presenter kept asking why Rishi only said something about it a day or so later :rolleyes: erm 10 million 🤷‍♀️
Part of what he said about the MP was racist but the shooting comment, when I was younger I'd hear it all the time, maybe it's a regional thing but I often heard 'I'm gonna shoot you' between family members, friends etc. Sounds alarming but it was just a way of saying you're annoying.
There's no way they're going to refuse all that cash if he still wants to donate BUT I can't fathom why on earth he would still want to. Maybe he's part of the reason they are this way now, no use to left or right.
You have got to be bloody kidding me. Are you try to play down a man saying that a woman should be shot? Seriously?

I don’t know if anyone else watched PMQs, but that useless twatwaffle Hoyle ignored Diane Abbott and instead took the final question from the ridiculous Mark Francois, who blathered some incomprehensible nonsense about DDay.

Reactions: 10
The streets of London have not been “safe” for some time. Have you seen the growing knife crime figures? It doesn’t help to jump on the culture war bandwagon that the Tories and Reform are trying to whip up to deflect from the dreadful state of the country’s finances, services and infrastructure.
Another pathetic performance from Sunak in PMQs today. He is a lame duck PM leading a lame duck party into an election in which his poor excuse for a political party will be wiped out at the polls. Sadly, in the meantime there will be more of this deflection and pouring fuel on the culture wars fire. Minority groups deserve better than to be used as a political footballs.
It’s gone beyond local politics ,even if Starmer were to walk into no 10 tomorrow he’s got too many groups thinking he’s on their side, how will he even things out 🤷🏼‍♀️
---
We would still use for the likes of Gary Glitter 😂
---
She should’ve included a poll to see how many agree with her.

---
(Paywalled)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
You have got to be bloody kidding me. Are you try to play down a man saying that a woman should be shot? Seriously?

I don’t know if anyone else watched PMQs, but that useless twatwaffle Hoyle ignored Diane Abbott and instead took the final question from the ridiculous Mark Francois, who blathered some incomprehensible nonsense about DDay.
Keep your wig on :rolleyes:
NO! It is a saying where I grew up. Whether he wanted to shoot her or not you'd have to ask him.

Key point being he's not her family member or friend, we don't know if they've even met.

Such a comment might be laughed away if you know the person and what they're capable of, but from a stranger it's unsettling.

I can't stand Hoyle. The other day he was going on about how concerned he was about the safety of MP's ... Dianne was directly affected by this very thing and he ignored her? Just let the woman say her piece you 'twatwaffle'.

I can't stand Hoyle. The other day he was going on about how concerned he was about the safety of MP's ... Dianne was directly affected by this very thing and he ignored her? Just let the woman say her piece you 'twatwaffle'.
Yes, it was ridiculous he ignored her when the whole conversation they were having was about her!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
These groups will gain momentum once they’re banned.

---

Last edited:
Why would Hester want to make a £10 million donation to the Tories? How about £400 million of NHS and government contracts? The £10 million wasn't a donation, it was an investment.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Key point being he's not her family member or friend, we don't know if they've even met.

Such a comment might be laughed away if you know the person and what they're capable of, but from a stranger it's unsettling.
It might be his idea of a “jokey comment” but given that two MPs have been murdered in recent times it was not very wise. There are too many crazy people out there who listen to this stuff and some of them think it is a good idea. The whole point of his remarks were to demean Diane Abbott. She is black. She is a woman. She is worthless and her life means absolutely nothing. He also has made very dismissive remarks about Asians and Indian people. It is absolutely staggering that Sunak took so long to respond to these remarks and for another Tory MP to say that he would take another £10m from Hester only goes to show what a morally bankrupt party this is. On the upside these people will be voted out this year and many of these vile individuals will lose their seats. The downside is that we have several more months of this daily charade until we can get ride of them.

Reactions: 5
It might be his idea of a “jokey comment” but given that two MPs have been murdered in recent times it was not very wise. There are too many crazy people out there who listen to this stuff and some of them think it is a good idea. The whole point of his remarks were to demean Diane Abbott. She is black. She is a woman. She is worthless and her life means absolutely nothing. He also has made very dismissive remarks about Asians and Indian people. It is absolutely staggering that Sunak took so long to respond to these remarks and for another Tory MP to say that he would take another £10m from Hester only goes to show what a morally bankrupt party this is. On the upside these people will be voted out this year and many of these vile individuals will lose their seats. The downside is that we have several more months of this daily charade until we can get ride of them.
Don't you think if we heard all conversations from MPs and Donors from any political party it would be an absolute river of filth attacking all and sundry? I'm probably overly cynical, but I do. :ROFLMAO::cautious:

Reactions: 2
I'm not sticking up for hester AT ALL, but he allegedly made those remarks in 2019. Jo Cox had been murdered in 2016, but David Amess wasn't killed until 2021.

Reactions: 1
I'm not sticking up for hester AT ALL, but he allegedly made those remarks in 2019. Jo Cox had been murdered in 2016, but David Amess wasn't killed until 2021.
I think Hester’s of the humour of Bernard Manning and Nik ! Nik ! Jim Davidson.

But even trying to bring that into the conversation was not necessary at all.

Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing.
What was not necessary? Are you saying on a discussion website I should say nothing? Because that's clearly ridiculous.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.