UK Politics #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whatever you think about her politics, this is utterly, utterly appalling.
“The Conservative party’s biggest donor told colleagues that looking at Diane Abbott makes you “want to hate all black women” and said the MP “should be shot”, the Guardian can reveal.

But what about protecting MPs from threats???

How is this not hate speech too?

Oh, false alarm. It's not racism or misogyny because he said so. Move along, nothing to see here

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Still absolutely nothing from Sunak condemning the vile remarks about Diane Abbot. Which tells us everything we already knew about the weasel faced little shite.

Reactions: 7
Diane is controversial herself but there’s no need to wish her dead.

Reactions: 2
Diane is controversial herself but there’s no need to wish her dead.
Plenty of MPs are controversial. Diane Abbot’s views aren’t really the issue here though are they?
The only issue is that a Tory donor has publicly not only been heinously racist and sexist, but has expressed a view that she SHOULD be shot. Is he offering to do it himself or hoping some other nut job will? Isn’t 2 dead MPs already 2 too many?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What does the Cenotaph commemorate?
There are hundreds of these commemorative places around the country. Why can’t the Muslims who paid the ultimate sacrifice for us have one too?

Reactions: 4
Plenty of MPs are controversial. Diane Abbot’s views aren’t really the issue here though are they?
The only issue is that a Tory donor has publicly not only been heinously racist and sexist, but has expressed a view that she SHOULD be shot. Is he offering to do it himself or hoping some other nut job will? Isn’t 2 dead MPs already 2 too many?
These comments were apparently made five yrs ago and they haven’t cut him off.
---
There are hundreds of these commemorative places around the country. Why can’t the Muslims who paid the ultimate sacrifice for us have one too?
Why can’t all denominations have one?

Wouldn’t it be great if we could just leave minority groups alone and let them live in peace?
---
These comments were apparently made five yrs ago and they haven’t cut him off.
---

Why can’t all denominations have one?
Many have. The question should be why haven’t the Muslims have one sooner perhaps?

Reactions: 3
Wouldn’t it be great if we could just leave minority groups alone and let them live in peace?
---

Many have. The question should be why haven’t the Muslims have one sooner perhaps?
Do you not think everyone deserves to live in peace?

Reactions: 2
"MPs have a difficult job balancing multiple interests" errr why don't you just focus on the one job you're elected to do then? don't complain abt problems of your own making

Reactions: 5
Jeremy seems to be the only one showing public support!

---
Oh my gosh. It took her all bloody day to come up with that. The comments weren’t flippant - they expressed a wish that a woman should be shot, because of her sex and her skin colour.
I know Badenoch is useless, but that statement was shameful.

Reactions: 4
Bit easy to accept an apology when you're not the one someone's saying should be shot to death!

Even if you find a way to look past the racism, misogyny and misogynoir that part is disturbing. And completely hypocritical considering the Tories recent comments on extremism and politician's safety.

Reactions: 6
We're starting to enter Trumpville now in some political quarters ... basically just say any old bollocks then either deny it or make some sort of non-apology. Pretty scary and very depressing.

I don't really give a toss what twats like Hester have to say about anything or anyone, but then I'm not a black woman. Part of me wishes Dianne could have just laughed and made some witty retort about how the bloke looks, or something like: "I hope the gun he's going to use to shoot me is bigger than the size of his cock ...". These ridiculous middle-aged men can't handle it when women take the piss out of them.

Reactions: 3
We're starting to enter Trumpville now in some political quarters ... basically just say any old bollocks then either deny it or make some sort of non-apology. Pretty scary and very depressing.

I don't really give a toss what twats like Hester have to say about anything or anyone, but then I'm not a black woman. Part of me wishes Dianne could have just laughed and made some witty retort about how the bloke looks, or something like: "I hope the gun he's going to use to shoot me is bigger than the size of his cock ...". These ridiculous middle-aged men can't handle it when women take the piss out of them.
I do kind of understand what you mean about Dianne Abbot and her response to Hester, but I do think that responding in a humorous fashion would have seriously undermined the seriousness of what he said and potentially opening the door for more. It’s not really comparing like for like - he wasn’t being witty or joking, he was being horribly racist and sexist. Laughing at his tiny dick is hardly comparable to him calling for her to be shot.

Reactions: 7
Well, I am a black woman and while the response is disappointing, it doesn't surprise me. It seems it's more damning to be called _ist or _phobic than it is to actually be _ist or _phobic.

And he extended his hate to all black women so it goes beyond Diane. What does that say to potential voters?

It's OK to hate a whole group of people and say violent things just because one of them annoys you.

Imagine if a man with a beard and a name ending with -med (Ahmed for example) made those comments.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.