Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
if bills hadn't gone up a million percent people would have the disposable income needed to boost the economy. any spare cash atm is being saved instead of spent, and all this is happening while british gas make 10x profits as a private firm instead of a nationalised utility

Reactions: 10

Moley1

Chatty Member
Do we think the Tories will get in again this time? I really hope not!
If they do somehow get back in then this country deserves everything it gets. You would like to think that turkeys don’t vote for Christmas, but then we did vote for Brexit!
Sunak has suggested that the GE will be held in the second half of the year which is a shame as I was praying for it to be in May.
This country desperately needs a change and if there is any justice the Tories will be annihilated in the polls. 🙏

Reagent

He really presented as a sociopath this afternoon. It was quite compelling to watch though, in a ghoulish sort of way, especially when he said that Boris must have been 'crackers' to employ him. 🤡
The whole thing has been chilling, the government had no care for its citizens. The worst government in a time of crisis led by a bone idle narcissist who isn't very bright and tge attention span of a dying goldfish. After the enquiry precisely nothing will happen to any of them. "Lessons have been learned etc etc"

• Angry

Moley1

Chatty Member
Like many others I have felt that Suella Braverman’s many statements about migrants, the homeless and “hate” matches are vile, ignorant and heartless. Over the last few days some political commentators have been suggesting that she is being deliberately provocative so that Sunak will sack her which in turn will help her campaign to be the next leader of the Tory party. As much as I would rather see far less of her, if she was to become their next leader after Sunak gets kicked out at least that would make the Tories even more unelectable.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Oh

Anyway, Lee Anderson should never have even made it to becoming an MP. He's an awful man.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Housing/property is seen as an asset and means to wealth in this country before it's considered a form of shelter which is a big part of the issue.

That's why there have been more policies to inflate house prices than ones which provide more housing and affordable options because that would risk "devaluing" the market.

Reactions: 9

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
... and that a sitting PM is citing opposition to that policy as 'anti-democratic' and possibly a justification for the introduction of extraordinary measures.
I'm actually very concerned about a lot of our sitting MP's behaviour including our PM. I'm just very nervous about a person who wins a By Election and the the first thing that's said is 'I'm doing this for Gazza' and 'Free Free Palestine'. What about the residents of Rochdale who are in food and fuel poverty? Grooming gangs? George Galloway doesn't give a stuff about that.

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Indeed we do. And yet, as @HelloStereo said above, he not only thought he could cure Covid by blowing a hairdryer up his nose, he wanted to be injected with the virus live on tv. Sounds fairly idiotic to me.
People are in denial about how such an idiot managed to get into a position of power so they say it is an act and he is actually really clever.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Oh wow it's real, David Cameron is actually Foreign Secretary now.
Doesn't say much for the pool of MPs that Sunak had to choose from does it?
Sunak has realised, taken him a while but realised the fruitcakes he's involved with lol
Sunak obviously had a look around the room and thought 'fuck'.

If Sunak has thought the only way he regain control was by bringing back Cameron then he really is in a mess with the MP's he's surrounded with. What where his options? I was thinking Mordaunt, Tugendhat or maybe Dowden.

I think it's Rishi's way of trying to get more traditional conservatives back on board. I see a few old school conservatives are happy about Cameron being back in the fold. Trying to go back to a time before the Suella's, Mogg, 30p Lee's of this world hijacked the party.

I miss the likes of Dominic Grieve, David Gauke, Rory Stewart ... you may not have liked their politics but as least they weren't psychopaths.

Itchy of Itchington

Well Gorgeous George is now my MP. I ended up voting monster Raving Loony. Galloway absolutely hates women who stand up to him. His treatment of Naz Shah in Bradford was absolutely despicable. He's an opportunistic shill who will take money from Iran and Russia and defend their leadership whilst decrying British politics as undemocratic. I cannot wait for the GE to be called so he can fuck off back out of town. He's claimed he's already arranged for the indoor market to reopen. I might make an appointment with his office to find out more about that and how I can get a stall so I can sell some rationality to people here.

As for postal votes, I always used to have one because I worked as a poll clerk so couldn't go and vote in person. However there have been questions before over the legitimacy of postal votes especially when you don't need ID for it and anyone in the household could technically request it and return it not necessarily the named elector.

Jen667

VIP Member
I'm not convinced the next GE will result on the massive landslide for Labour that everyone is predicting.

• Sad

Ennui

VIP Member
Utterly depressing that it takes a TV drama to get justice for post office masters. The UK political system is corrupt to the core. The parties change but the lobbyists remain.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
The good news is that the Tory party implosion is now well under way and hopefully the pressure for a GE sooner rather than later will increase.
It's utterly absurd for this current govrenment to continue. I feel like suing them at this point. Putin must be laughing his arse off. :cautious:

veronica71

VIP Member
The inner battle he’s having to show he was top dog but he’s also very sorry and not take any responsibility is quite something
---
Still has no idea of what happened to 5000 WhatsApp messages and doesn’t know what a factory reset is on his phone 🤔
This man was our Prime Minister! 😡
It always amazes me the standard to which women are held at when the bar is so very low for men. Imagine if Theresa May ever had hair looking like that - it would have been in the papers for days

Moth

VIP Member
Why would Hester want to make a £10 million donation to the Tories? How about £400 million of NHS and government contracts? The £10 million wasn't a donation, it was an investment.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Just a publicity stunt to sell a shit-sounding play to people that would normally have never heard of if they don't follow West End Theatre.
I was thinking that. Just drumming up some publicity and controversy. If he truly wanted to make it accessible to a black audience why doesn't he take it to a small venue in a predominately black area for a few days and sell tickets for a nominal fee?

I really do have an issue with any kind of segregation like this especially when it is accompanied with phrases like 'safe space away from white gaze'. That is problematic for me. It's divisive and inflammatory. IMO.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Are people insinuating that this is voter fraud? I’m not sure what’s wrong with postal votes
Seems as though the assumption is if you're doing a postal vote then you're not around in Rochdale enough to have a say.

But a postal vote only means someone wasn't able to get to the polling station on that particular Thursday for whatever reason.

Could be due to age or work.

They might just be as much a part of Rochdale as anyone else. All constituents have a right to vote.

The low voter turnout is a bigger worry, I'd say. Just from a point of political engagement.