Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Lee Anderson himself advocated for a policy to have a by election when an MP defects to another party. So it's a bit ironic who's told to accept the rules and who's allowed to moan.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
It's certainly got to send waves of demoralisation through the MPs that none of them were thought good enough.

At least when Cameron heads off overseas for meetings etc, the other countries will have heard of him.
Oh yes they’ll have heard of him alright. Unfortunately it will be as the irresponsible arsehole who absolutely screwed this country by holding an unnecessary referendum and then buggering off when the shit hit the fan. Marvellous.🙄

• Heart

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Apparently Georgie sent out 2 types of campaign leaflet.
"Make Rochdale Great Again"
An absolute charlatan.

GHiBmbsWkAAC4p7.jpeg
GHiBmbnW8AAzacj.jpeg

• Wow

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Lee Anderson off to join Reform.
Presumably he's not going to quit as a Tory MP, trigger a by-election and then stand-again as a Reform candidate? I forget how it all works now ...

I see The Reform Party slogan is: Let's Make Britain Great. :rolleyes: Remind you of anyone else? Truly pathetic ... luckily I think most Brits see through the nonsence and Tice is no Trump/Gameshow Host.

Last edited:
  • Heart

aulty

The pathological focus on the 'Rwandan solution' make no sense to me at all other than for the government it is more a symbolic rather than a practical and effective issue. I've also seen it suggested that it is part of wider strategy initiated by Dominic Cummins in 2019 to create arguments with UK courts with the aim of building political and public support for withdrawing from the ECHR.
Withdrawing from the ECHR - the ECHR the Good Friday Agreement is tied too? Surely they wouldn't ignore that little fact like they did with Brexit. Who am I kidding ...

Moley1

Chatty Member
What they chose to ignore is that Starmer wasn’t praising her policies, he was talking about her drive to change the country. He, and many of us, would argue that she actually changed things for the worse overall.
Anyway…
Starmer has had two weeks of excellent PMQs and has landed punches that have had Sunak in the ropes. He just sounds like a petulant Rik from The Young Ones in his replies and clearly has no answers to the mess he and his party have made of the country.The only upside for Sunak is that he has finally saying “ yeah, but Jeremy Corbyn” as a defence but still does not answer the questions.

monga

VIP Member
Tbf Vallance and Whitty stood beside these morons enforcing their message and never objected once 💰 💰💰💰

• Heart

inyo

VIP Member
20+ point swings are gargantuan. Obviously there won't be a 20+ point swing nationwide at the election but the Tories are definitely on the path to wipeout and almost guaranteed to fall below 200 seats.

Complete disaster for Sunak who might be at risk of losing his job, though I'm not sure a sixth leader and PM in thirteen years will do anything other than tank their polling even further.

They're being deservedly punished for thirteen years of misrule.

• Haha

susan1375

Chatty Member
The cons must really know they are done for, bringing back good old Dave will remind everyone about austerity just before a general election, I presume he will also have to campaign: justify any decisions made. He is not elected as a constituent mp - shows how little they think of democracy, in the future there are no up and coming mps to take on important roles. Out of 350 mps they haven’t been training anyone for this vital role. Dave is about to see how our influence has shrunk in the international arena without the collective backing of you know the EU.

Moth

VIP Member
And here's another example of the level of intellect in the current Tory Party. Just former Minister Thérèse Coffey apparently not knowing that Kigali is the capital of Rwanda.

Now this might be funny if these fascist-adjacent idiots weren't actually in charge of running our country but today we have our Prime Minister calling a press conference to announce to the world that he is willing to break international law and 'disapply' rights for some human beings and only a couple of days ago former Minister Robert Jenrick saw no problem in telling Parliament that "the law is our ..." (i.e the government's) "... servant not our master".

• Sad

susan1375

Chatty Member
My dad had the misfortune to meet suella when he volunteered for saafa. When she visited their office she wasn’t the slightest bit interested in them or what the organisation does, it was all about the photo op and then leave. When pictures and articles were released it seemed as though she had been there hours. She is only interested in Suella and who she can use as a step up.

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
That bloody weirdo 'Sir' Lindsay Hoyle needs to go, that's all I know. Bloke gives me the creeps big time. Oddball. Need a woman as speaker imo. To keep all those naughty Eton educated twats in line.
I used to think he was a nice person, takes in stray animals :LOL:
However, instead of dealing with death threats and arson attacks from Muslims to MP's if they didn't do what they said he gave into them. Are these people and those thugs with placards going to be standing beside polling booths on election day? They have to be dealt with or we will have a dictatorship.

HelloStereo

VIP Member
It's actually insane to think that we have a PM making some serious sounding statements about extremism when nothing notable has actually happened

If it has happened then I clearly missed it, and I don't live under a rock
And that a lot of the extremism comes from within his own party that he fails to address. Galloway isn't the only one galvanising support by being divisive.

• Heart

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Lee Anderson himself advocated for a policy to have a by election when an MP defects to another party. So it's a bit ironic who's told to accept the rules and who's allowed to moan.

You seem to have somehow overlooked the fact that Anderson is a self serving dickhead.

• Haha

Moth

VIP Member
I think I also heard that they can only process 1000 people (not sure is that is per annum) but it does seem a ridiculously expensive and inefficient way to go about things. Surely the best use of the money is to use to to find effective ways to smash the gangs and deal with the issue before people get into the boats to start with? It seems we are getting precious little for our payments to the French authorities at the moment. The other day I saw a film of two French officers confronting a gang launching a boat with zero success. Where was the back up on the beach? Why no boat calling in turn the dingy round?
Sunak had the perfect opportunity once the Supreme Court (it is not a foreign court by the way Rishi) had made their ruling to dump the plan and blame it on the outgoing Braverman. Instead he has doubled down on it as a sop to the right of his party. Wouldn’t it be great to have a PM with a backbone, a moral compass and a sense of decency and humanity?
There's a lot of confusion around how many people Rwanda could or would take from the UK. I've seen it suggested recently that it's about 200 per year. The UK government has previously said that this could scale up but who knows if that's true. I read the judgment issued by The Supreme Court and that said that although Rwanda takes a lot of refugees, most of them are from neighbouring African countries and Rwanda doesn't make them go through a formal process of applying for asylum as we understand it, they just accept them and put them in refugee camps where UNHCR take responsibility for processing and resettling them.

Rwanda has only formally processed a tiny number of other asylum applications. The Rwandan government says between 2019 and June 2022 they decided 152 asylum claims and most of those were from African countries. The judgment says they have "little to no experience of considering applications from most of the countries" that most UK asylum seekers come from. There's also a lot of concern in UNHCR about how the Rwandan asylum process (such as it is) works in practice with reports of people being refused by government bodies that do not have the legal authority to make the decision, failure to communicate decisions with reasons in writing and an apparently unsound appeals process (in fact since 2018 not one asylum decision has gone to appeal).

The pathological focus on the 'Rwandan solution' make no sense to me at all other than for the government it is more a symbolic rather than a practical and effective issue. I've also seen it suggested that it is part of wider strategy initiated by Dominic Cummins in 2019 to create arguments with UK courts with the aim of building political and public support for withdrawing from the ECHR.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Is that not what Farage is referring to?
What that Netanyahu, a man whose whole political career has been based upon being the only man who could protect Israeli's against attacks from Hamas failed catastrophically to do that because a border post was left open on his watch? I don't think it's unreasonable or 'anti-semitic' to suggest he might have known about that for his own political ends, especially given that he was being investigated for massive fraud violations.

It's seems harder and harder to have a reasonable discussion about the Israel - Gaza issue without getting accused of being somehow Pro-Hamas or Anti-Semitic. It's so pathetic. And all the while people accuse and blame each other more innocent people continue to die (or remain held captive). :rolleyes: