Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Moley1

Chatty Member
Policing though
Seriously? Policing thoughts now? 😂 🙈
Stop 😳
Policing thoughts now???
Perhaps you should stop attacking people for expressing an opinion.
People, you included, can think and say what you like. Just don’t expect not to get pushback if you say (or think) something that many would find deeply unpleasant.
And for the record, what should we do if a great many people are “thinking” of beating up people going around their right of peaceful process? Should we not say anything for fear of being told off for policing thoughts?

Reactions: 14

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
So according to the Covid enquiry Johnson is a complete moron who didn’t understand the science, let alone follow it, Sunak’s Eat Out to Help out was an unmitigated disaster which drove the second wave of Covid and we still don’t know the contents of Johnson’s phone or the location of Sunak’s. I mean who would have guessed?

• Sad
Reactions: 14

Blueblue123

VIP Member
There are clearly some who seem to think that the Islam is beyond criticism and the calling out of its backward, outdated beliefs.

Exactly where does the Islam stand on issues such as Gay and Trans rights, for example? A thing that many are supposedly prepared to show support for, until it starts coming down to the nitty gritty of LGBT rights Vs religious beliefs.

The last time I checked, Islam as a whole was highly intolerant of LGBT individuals, with 'punishment' being handed out for being an LGBT person in an Islamic country.

Yet according to some, this is not allowed to be called out because as far as they are concerned, Islam is beyond criticism.

Indeed we've seen protests in this country over LGBT issues being taught in schools and over 'Drag Queen story time."

View attachment 2778902

View attachment 2778903

Where exactly are the 'knuckle dragging white intolerants' in the images of the Birmingham Schools LGBT protest?

A protest that attracted various homophobic slurs caught on camera. Slurs such as 'God created women for men’s pleasure." Plus 'Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.' Indeed, in the first image, two women are seen holding placards with such a slur written on them.

Some were also quick enough to criticise Qatar during the World Cup last year, for LGBT and Human Rights abuses, exactly which religion is dominant in that country?

For a religion that continually demands respect from everyone else, it shows little to no respect to others who live a lifestyle that doesn't follow their beliefs.

If 'Islamiphobia' means calling out the outdated crap such as described in modern day Britain, then quite frankly it is worth putting up with the ridiculous name calling by those who seem to think the religion is beyond all reproach.

I'm personally not a big fan of any religion. If God was so wonderful, then why has belief in such a figure caused endless bigotry, fighting, conflict and wars across the world.

How is it a criticism of Islam to suggest "Islamists" have a control on Khan and Starmer?

What criticism of the actual religion has been made there?

Interestingly, you mention gay and trans rights in Islam. If "Islamists" have such a grip on Khan and Starmer, then how comes both men have been accused of "wokeism" and putting gay and trans rights above the needs of others?

The "what is a woman?" jab has been made against Labour/Starmer multiple times, yet now he's the puppet of a religion that doesn't accept trans rights. Doesn't add up.

Reactions: 13

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Not true. None of the top politicians are in it for anything but the money but there are a few hundred MPs from all parties that are genuine. We just don't hear about them because they are doing the job for the right reasons and have no interest in being Ministers.
My husband said to me this afternoon 'are any of them in it for the right reasons?'

I tell you what Suella, if things were that bad before you got sacked, why didn't you resign and make your position clear? Is it because you wanted to be sacked to play the martyr? :rolleyes:

Ensay

VIP Member
Now we hear that the Rwanda farce has cost another £100m on top of the ££140m already spent with another £50m going there next year! As Keir Starmer said in PMQs this week, all that money and they have only managed to send 3 Home Secretaries there so far!
Honestly, you couldn’t make it up. This government are beyond parody. 😩
I don't understand why they didn't just put that money into recruiting and training more staff to process asylum applications. Surely if they get really quick at turning applications around, they'll be able to deport all the people who are supposedly economic migrants fairly swiftly, which will in turn stop others coming over. After all, why risk life and limb getting here as an economic migrant if you know you'll get deported a few weeks later?

The whole thing is just trying to play with the stats. By sending people to Rwanda while their claims are processed, the government will say: "See, so many applicants have left the country!" But it's not the same as leaving the country because their application has been rejected.

Moley1

Chatty Member
Reform = Disaffected Tories and ex UKIP'ers.

The Lib Dems should be making massive inroads into voting intentions but are flailing badly. I just don't think Sir Ed Davey has any charisma or leadership qualities. The Lib Dems haven't done anything to rebuild themselves after the 2015 election.

Talking of Sir Ed Davey, I was reading that he was the postal affairs minister during the Horizon scandal and wouldn't meet with the post masters. Now, because of all the publicity, he says he was mislead by the post office. :rolleyes:
He said he was advised not to meet Bates and that he was also lied to by the PO, which is believable given they lied to everyone consistently throughout. I believe that he did eventually meet with Bates a few months later. Given that many are still struggling to get their compensation I think it is a bit rich to use Davey as a scapegoat. Still Kelvin Mackenzie has a long history of being an attack dog for the far right. What is his explanation for the period after the coalition government?

Keir Starmer was on the Nick Ferrari show (yes, I know, you would have expected him to take an easy route via James O’Brien) and came across very well I think.
He is a decent bloke who just wants to do his best to turn the current mess around. He didn’t duck any questions and is clearly being very careful about not making promises or fanciful claims that he knows he can’t keep.
He was the DPP when I worked at the CPS and I was fortunate enough to sit in a few meetings with him. Unlike other DPPs he didn’t turn up to talk at us, he asked questions, was genuinely interested in the replies and did what he could to make changes where changes were needed.
Since becoming the leader of Labour he has spent a great deal of time travelling around the country talking and listening to people and that is coming across strongly in his pre election interviews now. He even mentioned the numerous meetings he has had with foreign officials about the Israel//Gaza/West Bank situation and is obviously positioning himself as the PM in waiting.
Whatever you think of the Labour Party, I believe that Keir Starmer, given two terms in Government, will overturn much of the damage done to this country after 14 years of misrule by incompetent, self serving, tone deaf politicians (I use the term “politicians” loosely).
If there is any justice, none of the Tory front bench will retain their seats. We need politicians in Parliament who are there first and foremost to serve us and the country, not themselves.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
It would be great if politicians just worked together to solve the country's problems, rather than spend their time making false promises to win elections and generally trying to be "a personality" to be popular.
I'm also sick of them trying to control us and take our freedom's away.
Listening to people I can feel a riot brewing, particularly from the long suffering people who have simply had enough.
Even the worm turns eventually.....

• Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
Thank you! I think the idea to ban tobacco is a good one. I also think banning vaping would be helpful too as that seems to be way more popular with the younger generation than traditional cigarettes. I’m not sure about the changes to A Levels - hopefully we have some Tattlers who are teachers and can give a better view point. HS2 doesn’t personally affect me and to be honest I rather they improve the train system across the country as a whole than pouring billions into such a small area.

I’ve seen the term culture wars being used a lot but I’m not sure what it means really. Is it when politicians focus one thing to hide a bigger issue?
The thing is that all the transport projects I've seen mentioned as things that the £36m saved from HS2 will now go on ... ARE ALL ALREADY UNDERWAY OR HEAVILY PLANNED (i.e. aready funded) anyway? Absolutely classic con job and it's astonishing how the public fall for this sort of thing again and again and again (from governments of all flavours not just the current one).

They're only brave enough to finally talk about banning smoking now because so many people have switched to vapes or just died off anyway.

But alongside the smoking ban, the continued "wishy washy" response on vapes is pathetic. "We're going to have a consultation on it". I saw Chris Whitty sit on This Morning today and all be could bumble out was "vaping is less bad than smoking". Are you sure Chris? From what I see firstly you've got kids of all ages vaping, and secondly whereas people who smoked would generally get up from the restaurant/bar or office chair to go out and have a cigarette i.e. that need to get up at least some of the day -- many smokers weren't smoking. With vaping they're doing it continously all day every day, quick puff every minute etc. It's astonishing that while the finer details of the damage done to lungs from vaping may well not be known yet, we do have decades and decades of knowledge about asbestos, construction dust, cigarette smoking, car exhaust that tell us that the best thing for lungs is fresh air. And yet with vaping we're stuck at "well it's less bad than smoking", and even that should have a "might be" in there.

Not to mention the absolute incongruity of merrily allowing disposable vapes and all the environmental mess of them littering the streets, and all the issues to do with the batteries in them, while banging on about plastic straws and carrier bags, and going on about needing ULEZ in London and other cities for clean air reasons? None of it makes sense together.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I wonder if she's had some kind of breakdown or whether she's just decided to be completely open about who it is that's backing her and what they are trying to achieve both in the US and in the UK. She's been a puppet of extreme right-wing American think tanks for a while and now seems to have gone full "Trump". Of course she's still a sitting (and paid) MP and eligible to claim up to £115,000 a year in 'expenses' as an ex-PM. She's also still a member of the Tory party. It will be interesting to see if Sunak is happy with her expressing such views (of course he will be because he's too weak to do anything else. And as for Lee Anderson ....
Unfortunately we have a Prime Minister and a Speaker who are the equivalent of that teacher at school who could never control a class so all the kids just messed about.

I can't believe Liz Truss gets what she gets for 44 days in office. Unelected, trashed the economy and forced out in record time. It makes my skin crawl seeing her turn up at things like Remembrance Sunday.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Well, lovely to know the old boys network is still in full force. Another wonderful old Etonian on board the sinking ship. What a great message to send out to the people of the UK ... it's not what you know (the lesser the better actually), it's who you know.

• Heart

Moley1

Chatty Member
So, they are still at it. A paltry tax refund that is designed to placate the Daily Mail, Express, Telegraph readers and which will effectively come from a £20 billion cut in public spending at a time when we need more public spending. And people will still vote for this party 😜
---
£1 million for a statue for WW2 losses... wtf.
It seems very reasonable to me. Why not commemorate those who gave their lives so that we can live in a society that enables people to complain about spending money on a statue to honour people who gave their lives so that we have a right to complain?
---
I'm not convinced the next GE will result on the massive landslide for Labour that everyone is predicting.
Hopefully Reform will hoover up the votes from those who don’t think that the Tory Party haven’t lurched far enough to the right leaving the rest who are disaffected to vote Labour, LibDem, Green, Independent or to just stay at home. Labour will win, maybe not with a massive landslide but hopefully we shall see the current Tory Party presence greatly diminished and no sign of a Reform MP at all.
After 14 years of near criminal level of incompetence and self interest, the country is desperate for a Parliament populated by those who want the best for the country, not for themselves and their mates.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Well, I am a black woman and while the response is disappointing, it doesn't surprise me. It seems it's more damning to be called _ist or _phobic than it is to actually be _ist or _phobic.

And he extended his hate to all black women so it goes beyond Diane. What does that say to potential voters?

It's OK to hate a whole group of people and say violent things just because one of them annoys you.

Imagine if a man with a beard and a name ending with -med (Ahmed for example) made those comments.

Last edited:
  • Heart

IngressUK

VIP Member
There are clearly some who seem to think that the Islam is beyond criticism and the calling out of its backward, outdated beliefs.

Exactly where does the Islam stand on issues such as Gay and Trans rights, for example? A thing that many are supposedly prepared to show support for, until it starts coming down to the nitty gritty of LGBT rights Vs religious beliefs.

The last time I checked, Islam as a whole was highly intolerant of LGBT individuals, with 'punishment' being handed out for being an LGBT person in an Islamic country.

Yet according to some, this is not allowed to be called out because as far as they are concerned, Islam is beyond criticism.

Indeed we've seen protests in this country over LGBT issues being taught in schools and over 'Drag Queen story time."

1_DQP_BEM_190319SCHOOL_24JPG.jpg

9_NWP_BEM_240519Anderton_41.jpg

Where exactly are the 'knuckle dragging white intolerants' in the images of the Birmingham Schools LGBT protest?

A protest that attracted various homophobic slurs caught on camera. Slurs such as 'God created women for men’s pleasure." Plus 'Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.' Indeed, in the first image, two women are seen holding placards with such a slur written on them.

Some were also quick enough to criticise Qatar during the World Cup last year, for LGBT and Human Rights abuses, exactly which religion is dominant in that country?

For a religion that continually demands respect from everyone else, it shows little to no respect to others who live a lifestyle that doesn't follow their beliefs.

If 'Islamiphobia' means calling out the outdated crap such as described in modern day Britain, then quite frankly it is worth putting up with the ridiculous name calling by those who seem to think the religion is beyond all reproach.

I'm personally not a big fan of any religion. If God was so wonderful, then why has belief in such a figure caused endless bigotry, fighting, conflict and wars across the world.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
As Cameron isn’t an MP he “had” to be awarded a peerage. Meaning he will sit in the House of Lords rather than the HoC - presumably avoiding the inconvenience of being questioned by the opposition. Integrity and accountability eh Rishi?
What an embarrassing shambles this country has become.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Presumably he's not going to quit as a Tory MP, trigger a by-election and then stand-again as a Reform candidate? I forget how it all works now ...

I see The Reform Party slogan is: Let's Make Britain Great. :rolleyes: Remind you of anyone else? Truly pathetic ... luckily I think most Brits see through the nonsence and Tice is no Trump/Gameshow Host.
No by election. You just swap sides.

I have always thought that is very wrong. You were voted in as a representative of a specific party. I'd be livid if the person I voted for suddenly went and joined another party taking my vote with them. It should automatically trigger a by election.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Does this vote for ceasefire have any consequences ie: they will stop supporting Israel, etc?
They (the political class) can't even pay wrongly convicted postmasters compensation, pay our nurses a fair wage or keep our rivers clean. Do you really think they can cause change in a region that has been mired in confict for generations? To me, as a cynic, this whole affair is a smoke-screen designed to distract us.

Ugh, I have so much to say. But I won't bore you good people.

LadyMuck

VIP Member
Everytime I see GG I remember him dressed head to toe in lycra lying on the floor pretending to be a cat, supping pretend milk from Rula Lenska's hands, on Big Brother! I just cannot take him seriously

• Haha