UK Politics #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jenrick saying they will be able to dish out life in prison for lawyers found to advise refugees in a way the government deems illegal: people don't even get that level of sentencing for murder these days. Deluded.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
More shuffling going on in the Labour party. I see Dan Jarvis is back. I like him. I had a lot of respect for him when he chose family over career. He was a rising star at the time he stepped back.

Reactions: 1
Jenrick saying they will be able to dish out life in prison for lawyers found to advise refugees in a way the government deems illegal: people don't even get that level of sentencing for murder these days. Deluded.
maybe a life sentence for mp's found to push through dodgy planning applications for their millionaire mates would be a good idea. Jenrick is a crook.

Reactions: 14
The school rebuilding programme was launched 2 years ago which even on the mystery Chancellor's budget should mean that we should be well on the way to 100 schools being refurbished. This afternoon it's revealed that the actual number completed is .... 4.

There's been about 6 Secretaries of State for Education in the last two years; Williamson, Zahawi, Donelan (for 2 days), Cleverley, Malthouse and now Keegan. Perhaps they haven't been doing such a great job after all.
And just to complete the set, it's now revealed that the DFE gave a contract worth £1 million (from the school rebuilding budget) to a company at which Gillian Keegan's husband is a non-exec director. Everybody is keen to stress that there's no skulduggery involved but isn't it amazing how often government contracts are awarded to companies in which entirely coincidentally an MP, their relatives or friends have an interest. What are the chances?
---
Far worse than simply 'deluded'.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
And just to complete the set, it's now revealed that the DFE gave a contract worth £1 million (from the school rebuilding budget) to a company at which Gillian Keegan's husband is a non-exec director. Everybody is keen to stress that there's no skulduggery involved but isn't it amazing how often government contracts are awarded to companies in which entirely coincidentally an MP, their relatives or friends have an interest. What are the chances?
---
And to think how much Angela Rayner got criticised when she called these people scum. 🙄

Reactions: 6
I have gone passed the stage of being angry with this government ... I think I'm just numb now. The incompetence, corruption and arrogance is mind blowing.

Reactions: 14
The dilemma is this, whilst I agree this gov are like a zombie gov. Shoveling all the cash into their friends businesses and doing absolutely nothing to stop the country's institutions and infrastructures crumbling. I don't believe any other party will not do the same. They will just do slightly different, funnel money out in other ways and schemes.
When Angela Rayner called them scum I couldn't agree more. However the way she did it (reminiscent of a 1980's college student in Thatcher's Britain) and where, and call me a judgy witch, I'm on tattle after all! But it made her look like she doesn't have the intelligence to make good decisions for this country. She can't articulate her feelings or control her impulses. There is nothing more I want than to see a politician being passionate and showing real emotion. That gives me hope they really do care but I don't want them acting up to get a reaction from their constituents or not being able to turn that passion into policies that will benefit us all.

Nothing that is being decided in this country is benefiting it's citizens. We are told it is. It's gas lighting. At this stage I reject them all. I've seen enough.

Reactions: 7
This government have been in power for almost my entire adult life. Sometimes I forget it wasn't always this awful, and the general mood in the country wasn't always so low.

Reactions: 4
The dilemma is this, whilst I agree this gov are like a zombie gov. Shoveling all the cash into their friends businesses and doing absolutely nothing to stop the country's institutions and infrastructures crumbling. I don't believe any other party will not do the same. They will just do slightly different, funnel money out in other ways and schemes.
When Angela Rayner called them scum I couldn't agree more. However the way she did it (reminiscent of a 1980's college student in Thatcher's Britain) and where, and call me a judgy witch, I'm on tattle after all! But it made her look like she doesn't have the intelligence to make good decisions for this country. She can't articulate her feelings or control her impulses. There is nothing more I want than to see a politician being passionate and showing real emotion. That gives me hope they really do care but I don't want them acting up to get a reaction from their constituents or not being able to turn that passion into policies that will benefit us all.

Nothing that is being decided in this country is benefiting it's citizens. We are told it is. It's gas lighting. At this stage I reject them all. I've seen enough.
I quite like Angela Rayner. There is an honesty about her I can appreciate.

I do agree with you about the scum comment though. It just came across as lefty rebel rousing which needs to be toned down to appeal to a broader electorate.

Reactions: 5

I did like one bloke John Smith but he had a heart attack and died. 😕

• Sad
  • Heart
Screenshot_20230906_235140_Samsung Internet.jpg

🙄
I just don't even have the words anymore.
If only I could get away with being this tit at my jobs.
He's been in this role a week, any moment now, be time for a new one

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Is it next year that the UK has its general election?
I have no idea who to vote for. I know I won’t vote for the Conservatives but the remaining parties don’t float my boat. Probably end up voting for an independent person in my local area.

Reactions: 1
It worked for the Tories in the run up to the election in 2010 so why not try it again. No doubt some of their supporters will lap it up. :sick:

They may want to look closer to home if they want to look at people taxpayers are wasting money on.

The cheek to say this when Michelle Mone is walks free and the chancellor refuses to claim back the money fraudulently received through Covid business support... just two of many examples of the government being the ones to waste taxpayer's money.

Reactions: 10
I have no idea who to vote for. I know I won’t vote for the Conservatives but the remaining parties don’t float my boat. Probably end up voting for an independent person in my local area.
I feel exactly the same. I live in Islington North. I’m a Labour voter by conviction - although I regularly vote Green in the local elections. I can’t vote for Labour now as they appear to have lost the plot and can’t even decide what a woman is ( ditto the Lib Dems and the Greens ). I would never vote Tory. At the moment my only option appears to be to spoil my ballot paper which just feels wrong.

• Heart
Why not find out who’s most likely to beat the tories in your constituency and vote for them? Website can help with tactical voting: https://tactical.vote/

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.