UK Politics #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The announcement Police need to investigate every theft is a damning assessment of how far policing standards have fallen under the coalition/Conservative governments but I don't doubt it will play well with voters.
Is that a call for more "bobbies on the beat", an increase in resources, and the implementation of legislation to raise police powers?

Because if not that how do you "raise standards"?
---
Nadine's seemingly blind devotion to Boris reinforces my complete lack of understanding regarding the female mind. :LOL:
Maybe she just likes the guy? Is the "female mind" some exotic world that needs to be understood?

Reactions: 1
nads was probs making sure her daughters were given cushy new jobs with a tory donor before she fucked off for good
I am in no doubt that this was the reason for the delay. She was feathering her nest before actually leaving. Probably thought she'd finish her book whilst on MP's salary too.

Reactions: 5
What with though? The Police Service staffing has been cut to the bone, like everything else.
Aren't they supposed to be taking on loads of staff now? To the point they are ignoring misconduct during training to hit recruitment targets?

I think anyone wanting to win an election needs to focus on law and order (amongst other things of course). I live near a police station but the amout of crime and anti social behaviour that happens yards away from it because the perpetrators know there aren't enough police to deal with them is shocking.

Everything the police federation said to Theresa May has come true since the major cuts. Realistically to tackle widespread issues police officer numbers need to be tripled nationally and salaries made more attractive but it's a pipe dream, they'd never have the budget for it.

Reactions: 2
nads was probs making sure her daughters were given cushy new jobs with a tory donor before she fucked off for good
Her two eldest daughters were employed by her and I’m sure she’s found someone else to employ them now. Her youngest daughter had a job in DHSC during covid as head of education policy (Matt Hancock, her mum’s pal was leading DHSC at the time). I notice she’s now holding another position she’s unqualified for in NHS C-19 vaccination programme.

of every politician across the spectrum, Dorries is my most despised.

of every politician across the spectrum, Dorries is my most despised.
I know what you mean ... but for me because she's from a working-class background and also suffered abuse as a child I feel kind of guilty totally hating her. George Osborne, Boris, Cameron, Mogg and all the other vile old Etonians I have no such quarms. I suppose that makes me classist and who knows, maybe Mogg had his trousers pulled-down at prep school, something definitely happened to turn him into the utterly bizarre man he's become.

Nadine's seemingly blind devotion to Boris reinforces my complete lack of understanding regarding the female mind. :LOL:
Im the owner of a female mind and I have no idea why she’s so devoted to the blubbering imbecile.
I’ve come up with 2 possible reasons - he’s the only person ridiculous enough to give her a job. Or they’re shagging.

Reactions: 3
Im the owner of a female mind and I have no idea why she’s so devoted to the blubbering imbecile.
I’ve come up with 2 possible reasons - he’s the only person ridiculous enough to give her a job. Or they’re shagging.
...You think there are photo's of Nad sprawled naked across her bed on his phone and that's why nobody wants it unlocked for the Covid enquiry? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I know what you mean ... but for me because she's from a working-class background and also suffered abuse as a child I feel kind of guilty totally hating her. George Osborne, Boris, Cameron, Mogg and all the other vile old Etonians I have no such quarms. I suppose that makes me classist and who knows, maybe Mogg had his trousers pulled-down at prep school, something definitely happened to turn him into the utterly bizarre man he's become.

I'm the opposite. Because of her background she should know better.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
He loves his free foreign travel...He'd be Foreign Secretary for any party if he could.

Former purveyor of pyramid scheme's now runs our defence. Dear lord. Could be even worse of course, could be David Lammy. Oh wait. :whistle: What a bleeping state of affairs.

Reactions: 1
Why did Ben Wallace step down?
Is leaving parliament with an aim to making loads of dosh from defence company directorships. He'd only hung around so long to see if he would get the NATO Secretary-General's job, but the US vetoed him.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.