Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
we shouldn't have to muddle through while the rich get richer and the tories hand gov contracts to their underqualified mates

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
The fucking Luftwaffe did less damage to Britain than Boris. Be nice if he at least donated his 115k pa for life to cover some of his security costs for life, same goes for Truss and Blair ... (just replace the damage done to Britain with Iraq in Bliar's case). Geezus ... no wonder everyone is on their uppers, we're having to pay for these tossers. Rant over. 😒

Moth

VIP Member
Can't bring myself to watch or even read about Braverman's speech but I can guess what it was like. Anyone who still supports the Tory party now is supporting this obscenity.

Similarly I don't think I can watch the "Partygate" programme on Channel 4. The trailer was enough for me. Especially coming at a time when I read that Sunak is 'unable' to hand over all his WhatsApp messages to the Covid Enquiry too.

partygate trailer
---
I fully expect Nigel Fartage to rejoin the Tory party.

Mogg has said he would welcome him back to the party. In truth rather than Farage rejoining the Tories, it would just confirm that the Tories have all joined UKIP / Reform

Last edited:
  • Angry

qwikti

Chatty Member

This is such tosh. What self respecting woman will vote in a man who says that women can ‘quite clearly’ have a penis. How bloody backwards are we that we have to ask our political leaders if they know what a woman is? It’s so frustrating and ridiculous.
:rolleyes: Who are they actually appealing to with this? A tiny minority?

I think the scales are falling from people's eyes, and we're all left wondering how just the progressive view went from 'dress and live how you want', to the progressive view = 'either say women have penises or you're a fascist'. Strange fucking world.

At this risk of turning this into the conspiracy theory thread (I'm defo not the only one thinking it) - there's gotta be an ungodly huge flow of money being poured into propelling this view into the dizzying heights we've seen it achieve in about ~10 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Feels like it's too much to ask for a competent, uncorrupt government that knows what a woman is.
I didn’t realise when I first voted at 18 I’d have to weigh up if my government not believing in my biological facts and rights was a good enough reason not to vote for them.

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
btw in no way trying to have a debate about trans rights but someone with a penis calling themselves a woman doesn't make me feel like less of a woman. i can understand why someone else would feel differently though.
I think this is where the difficulty lies because politicians don’t wish to really talk about the true issues with men identifying as women and vice a versa because they don’t wish to have a trans debate. But unfortunately there are real problems with having men in women’s and girls spaces but if you say that you’re called a terf, a bigot, threatened verbally and physically, sent death threats or have your livelihood threaten.

• Sad
  • Heart

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Question: If a couple of teenagers from an ethnic minority got randomly stabbed on a sink estate next week will the level of coverage in the media be the same, more, or less, than the coverage of the students in Nottingham?

Am I being far too cynical to think it would be less? OR has my brain been rotted-away by rolling-news and the culture wars? I think I might need a break from it all. :rolleyes:
I guess this is a slightly unusual situation, but sadly I think you’re right. I live in London and obviously we have a lot of stabbings here. More often than not it goes virtually unreported, and when it is reported there’s always an undercurrent of ‘well, they were probably in a gang and fighting over drugs, and that part of London is full of brown people living in social housing.’
Look how many politicians reacted to Grenfell. If it had been a tower block in Mayfair full of rich white people would Rees-Mogg have accused the people who died of lacking in common sense? I don’t think so.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
It is very frustrating to read people claiming she has been the victim herself of the most appalling racism so she should know what it is.

It is exactly because she has been subjected to such vile racism she should be a more aware of the impact and hurt her words would have. It's not a competition as to who can suffer the worst racism.

• Sad

buttheyneverblindme8

I'm happy seeing the Tories lose so many seats.

They've caused so much damage to this country. They've had this coming for a bloody long time.

Lazarus

VIP Member
Is it just me who watched the regular BBC news articles today on the Chandrayaan-3 spaceship and wonders why the UK are still sending overseas aid to India even though they have their own space program? Surely if India prioritises sending a rocket into space over the millions of people living in poverty there, it's time for the UK and others to stop subsidising?

I'm not normally one for 'we should look after our own first' etc, but in this instance i don't think that's an unreasonable view to hold.

Thoughts?

Moth

VIP Member
I'm lost with the parties now and haven't a scoobie who I'll vote for in the next elections.

Tories can't agree with each other and stitch each other up. They're like big kids throwing dummies out if they don't get their own way.

Labour are far too critical and love to say they'd do things differently, but can't explain how because they don't have a plan.

So I'll have to hope the Lib Dems can pull something out of the bag.

I want to see:

A clamp down on benefit fraud to enable those who should rightly receive it be paid more.

Increase pensions to allow the elderly to live normally, heat their homes and eat well.

Pay compensation to WASPIs.

Send home illegal immigrants, or take them to Rwanda. Let hotels return to accommodating guests. Put money saved from paying the migrants to better use, ie: pay nurses and police more.

Sort out the prison overcrowding and stop releasing prisoners early to free up space. Send foreigners home to finish their sentences.

Stop building on green belt. Demolish or upgrade derelict buildings.

Give help to farmers, financial and/or workers. Grow more British. Stop the price of food increasing.

Do you agree with any of this?
Based on most of the things on your list; benefit fraud, illegal immigrants, ending early release, planning controls, I think you should definitely continue to vote Tory. You might even consider Reform or Reclaim. I am sure you wouldn't be happy with what a Labour or Liberal Democrat government would want to deliver. Incidentally I think it is wrong to say that Labour don't have policies although it's a fashionable thing to say for people looking for an excuse to continue voting Tory (along with the ridiculous suggestion that a Labour government would be no different to what the Tories have been over the least 13 years). Also, Labour 'too critical' - WTF?

Merpedy

VIP Member
if anything the shops being within 15 mins means i can go more often, no?
Yes but you will only be able to walk around that area!!! Do you want to go outside to another zone? NOT ALLOWED.

This all seems to be because the conspiracy goes that you will need a permit to leave your designated 15 minute city area, and if you don't have that permit there will be all sorts of CCTV tracking you

• Haha

Blueblue123

VIP Member
The hypocrisy comes from Suella acting as if everyone who isn't her or her family is a problem to society.

It doesn't make sense to make a blanket statement that multiculturalism has "failed" while she stands there as an example of how "successful" it can be.

She's not a unicorn. She's not special. There are many others like her. She's a living contradiction to the very thing she claims.

She can 100% discuss reforming immigration without pretending that immigration and multiculturalism has caused nothing but problems for this country.

It's no different to a woman putting down feminism while benefitting from all the rights its afforded her.

Last edited:
  • Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
Right so now we know who the BBC presenter is, perhaps we can get back to some answers from Osborne, and also where the feck is Johnson's phone, hmm?

• Heart

Ensay

VIP Member
I think we should at least wait and see how he does before criticising him.

At the end of the day, he was voted in fair and square. Not sure why some people are moaning about democracy in action.

monga

VIP Member
trans rights literally have no impact on my life because i'm not trans. it's that simple. there's no redefining the terms of cis woman bc it literally has nothing to do with us. imo it's on the same level as the covid 5g conspiracy bc 'taking womens rights away' is *not real* they're literally just giving trans people more rights? terfs act like what's happening is robbing peter to pay paul when that's just not the case
Yet! If big Bert wants to pull on a skirt and ogle you in a changing room or shower you have no problem with it ?
There’s already 8yr olds being told to call their teacher they 🙄

• Heart