Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Rees-Mogg casually admitting that the voter ID policy was to suppress non-Tory support. Good it had little impact on the local elections.

Also, anyone who does support the Tories, judgement aside, do tactics like this fill you with confidence? The party who have been in power for 13 years have to resort to dirty tricks to boost their chances because they can't rely on their successes, because there are few to mention and the ones that can be mentioned are overshadowed by the shit state of the country now.

Reactions: 12

AmeliaPevensie

The swearing may have caught the attention but it's the suggestion that she has been doing 'a good job' while 'others sat on their arses' that is the meat of the story. Of course the 'others' to which she is referring is anyone other than the government for the last 13 years. Meanwhile Sunak is claiming to have never met the Chancellor who cut the DFE's bid to fund rebuilding of 200 schools per year down to 50.

Anyone of a certain age won't be surprised by this story. My kids were at school during the previous Tory administration when again schools were allowed to become dilapidated.
---

To be honest I don't think the fundamental issue is Education Secretaries. They don't control the budget they are given. Of course if they want to keep their job (which after all is the main consideration) they'll go along with it whatever they really feel.
This. The swearing isn't the issue, it's the suggestion that she should be 'thanked' for a 'fucking good job.' As both a teacher and a SEND parent she needs to fuck off. Her government have destroyed education and they can all absolutely get to fuck before I'll thank them for anything.
---
"Quietly competent" will do me fine, instead of the current wankers.
I'd be happy with just 'competent' at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Moth

VIP Member
I've just seen the headlines saying that they wheeled her out.

I just can't work out why. I know Princess Nut Nut seemed to be keen to have a political career of her own, and I know the partner of each prime minister have always been photographed and been sort of minor minor celebs, but I don't remember any of them getting up and speaking before. Except maybe Cherie Blair, but I might just be remembering something she did with her lawyer hat on.
Well let's face it she's benefitted more from this government than most people. Perhaps she just wanted to say thanks.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 11

Falkor

VIP Member
If you can't define sex as male and female, you can't spot sex discrimination so easily. Especially in traditionally male-dominated high-paying roles (like finance and IT), it only takes one or maybe two male to female transitioners to close up the gender pay gap. Sport is simply a matter of fairness and safety.

Present however you want, by all means, but we really do need to distinguish between sex and gender for a few areas in life. I'm glad Starmer has rowed back a bit on self ID, I hope he learns from what happened in Scotland and puts some proper work into coming up with an alternative.

Officedoor123

VIP Member
Not sure about the homelessness/ no fixed address thing but years ago the only people who had "no fixed abode" were literally homeless, but I've noticed a lot more people are saying no fixed address these days, but no idea why?
Only saw a small clip ... not sure who the people were ... low level staff? Kinda feel sorry for them if that's the case, should at least have had their faces blurred out.
Even low level staff should have been following the rules. Johnson didn't tell us to follow the rules with the exception of any low level people in society, who could party to their hearts content. The sheer fucking arrogance of it! Glad they were filmed, they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

• Heart

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I think these conferences are really aimed to please hardcore Tory supporters, like the people who actually turn-up to these events, buy a t-shirt and clap.
I doubt any of them will be catching the clap this year - Johnson doesn’t appear to be attending.

• Haha

Onetwofour

VIP Member
They will use anything from culture wars - manufactured or not - to try to distract people from the issues they face because of this highly uncompetent government. Since Johnson (at least), they seem like to be less a government than a compaining party. It's like they know they won't solve any real issue so they have to distract as much as they can. They just make noise on a daily basis with controversial/inflammatory statements, with proposals that have no chance of success in the real world (they never present any detailled plan on how they want to implement things, which should be the ministers's job), that will fill the headlines. Rince and repeat and that's a summary of the last 4 years.

They have zero respect for british citizens. The whole electoral system needs to be reviewed. Having only two politcal parties that can be in power make them complacent. It's also highly frustrating for voters. People have the feeling they only have two options when voting: bad or very bad.

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I meant to post last week but WTF at this child who's been elected in Selby and Ainsty?

How do the local businesses, families, OAPs expect this guy who's only ever had one job (which was in politics) to understand and represent them?

Madness, but seems like he got in just because all the usual tory voters didn't turn up as they're disenfranchised by Sunak and co.

He’s not a child for fuck sake. He’s a 25 year old man. Interestingly he’s the same age Churchill was when he first became an MP - I’m assuming you think he was a child with no life experience either.

qwikti

Chatty Member
1683238470928.png

1683238461244.png

Absolutely called it back in September, ransacked them like the grade A thug she and all those tory bastards are.

Coke parties, stealing over 10k worth of shite, swindling money from people, if this were a working class person, she'd be called a thug and a gangster, so I refuse to acknowledge her as anything else.

Sorry if this was discussed earlier, I just found it funny.

• Haha

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Well once you join a gang you know what you’re signing up for 👍🏻
Not everyone from an ethnic minority who's stabbed is in a gang. Which is part of the problem in and of itself. @Ndrangheta simply asked if a similar crime against someone from an ethnic minority would get a similar reaction/coverage... no mention of gang activity, but somehow that's where the conversation has pivoted.

And it's also part of why such crimes get less attention, because of these assumptions.

I would like to see all crimes get equal coverage and public outrage, regardless of who the victim or attacker is.

Last edited:
  • Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Lets face it ‐ never mind the state of the economy or the health service...the issue that's going to dominate this next election is whether or not our politicians can confirm that a woman is a natural born female with xx chromosomes. What a sad state of affairs.

• Sad

Moth

VIP Member
We'll muddle through. That's what we do. The West is in decline, that's life I'm afraid.
People have always 'muddled through' ... or they have died, often in poverty and squalor. We don't have to accept it. The decline has been engineered to benefit the wealthy, unfortunately often with the unthinking acquiescent of it's victims. It isn't inevitable.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Take back what I said about the BBC, the continuity announcer on BBC2 just said: "Don't forget, tonight at 9, The Rise of The Nazi's. Now on BBC 2, it's live to Manchester". :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I don’t particularly like him but this whole thing has been blown out of all proportion by the right wing pro Tory media to distract from the general shit show that the U.K. is at the moment. I also happen to think Suella Braverman is most awful, vile excuse for a human being. The sheer glee she has on her face when talking about what she’d like to do with refugees and asylum seekers makes me feel sick.

Its interesting though how the gammons all go on about freedom of speech, snowflakes etc but when someone calls them out and insults them it’s ok for theme to be offended. You can’t have it all ways now can you.

Glaschelle

VIP Member
People are rightly very angry that Bojo and his pals were partying whilst they're relatives were dying and they weren't allowed to have proper funerals.

I often think of the family socially distanced in the crematorium and the sons pulled their chairs near to their mum to comfort her and the undertaker came running out to tell them it wasn't allowed. I wonder how they feel today???

And this person's defence is that he was too thick to understand the rules!!!

Honestly, anybody still defending this git needs to have a long hard look at themselves.

• Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
One area in the South West only had 15% turn out for voting. Seems very low :(
Local elections, they're about filling potholes, nimby planning policy, who will get the contract to empty the bins, how much of a pain in the ass they'll make going to the tip now, and how many percent they'll all stiff us on council tax to pay for it all. Nothing ever changes in local government no matter who wins, the services just get worse and the bills get higher, its just different people getting to play at being in charge for a while.