Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Magda Goebbels is giving her speech just now, what a hideous individual.
I really hate her.

How absolutely depressing. Priti dancing with Farage. MP's making stuff up about a meat tax (WTF). Susan Hall trying to accuse Sadiq Khan of antisemitism (after she remembered she is a Conservative and not Labour) and loonies trying to tell us 15 minute cities mean we won't be allowed out of our boundaries. 🤪

THESE PEOPLE ARE IN CHARGE !!! 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬

( Colin From Portsmouth was very funny though - that cheered me up)

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Blueblue123

VIP Member
It worked for the Tories in the run up to the election in 2010 so why not try it again. No doubt some of their supporters will lap it up. :sick:

They may want to look closer to home if they want to look at people taxpayers are wasting money on.

The cheek to say this when Michelle Mone is walks free and the chancellor refuses to claim back the money fraudulently received through Covid business support... just two of many examples of the government being the ones to waste taxpayer's money.

Reactions: 10

Moth

VIP Member
So leaked WhatsApp messages ahead of the Conservative Party conference reveal that the 'grassroots' Conservative Democratic Organisation want to oust Sunak because the current government is not right-wing enough. That's the government that is living on manufactured culture wars and conspiracy theories, destroying the NHS and other public services and systematically stripping citizens of their rights. Still it's hardly surprising since Claire Bullivant the co-founder and chief executive of the CDO reveals that the CDO includes members of the Reform Party and the messages show that members include conspiracy theorists and some that want Boris Johnson and even Tom Harwood (one of the few GB News presenters that's not already a Tory MP) to replace Sunak.

Moth

VIP Member
The school rebuilding programme was launched 2 years ago which even on the mystery Chancellor's budget should mean that we should be well on the way to 100 schools being refurbished. This afternoon it's revealed that the actual number completed is .... 4.

There's been about 6 Secretaries of State for Education in the last two years; Williamson, Zahawi, Donelan (for 2 days), Cleverley, Malthouse and now Keegan. Perhaps they haven't been doing such a great job after all.
And just to complete the set, it's now revealed that the DFE gave a contract worth £1 million (from the school rebuilding budget) to a company at which Gillian Keegan's husband is a non-exec director. Everybody is keen to stress that there's no skulduggery involved but isn't it amazing how often government contracts are awarded to companies in which entirely coincidentally an MP, their relatives or friends have an interest. What are the chances?
---
Jenrick saying they will be able to dish out life in prison for lawyers found to advise refugees in a way the government deems illegal: people don't even get that level of sentencing for murder these days. Deluded.
Far worse than simply 'deluded'.

• Angry

Moth

VIP Member
Assuming the 'reliable source' isn't just a figment of someone's imagination.
It might be but what isn't in doubt that in May 2023, a Labour motion to publish the building condition reports for every school in the country was defeated by 300 Tory MPs voting against it including one "Keegan, G". It's almost like they had something to hide.

Moth

VIP Member
Further downright lies and weirdness from Tory Ministers: Clare Coutinho (Minister for Energy Security and Net Zero) claiming that Labour would introduce a 'meat tax' so we must vote Tory to avoid. Caught in the lie by Sophy Ridge she actually tries to justify this lunacy.

Elsewhere it appears that Farage was given a warm welcome to the conference which demonstrates where the Tories are politically and Liz Truss now has 60 MPs supporting her and plenty of members wanting her to replace Sunak which shows where the Tories are mentally.

• Wow

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
The man couldn’t lie straight in bed. I don’t think he’d recognise the truth if it smacked him in the face..
Nobody believes for a split second that he isn’t the most blatant disgusting liar to ever become Prime Minister. He’s so obviously lied to the HoC that you would think that the Select Committee can’t help but find him guilty.
And yet I still have a horrible horrible feeling he’s going to get away with it.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Question: If a couple of teenagers from an ethnic minority got randomly stabbed on a sink estate next week will the level of coverage in the media be the same, more, or less, than the coverage of the students in Nottingham?

Am I being far too cynical to think it would be less? OR has my brain been rotted-away by rolling-news and the culture wars? I think I might need a break from it all. :rolleyes:

Moth

VIP Member
A government minister (Mark Harper, Transport Secretary) has just made a speech at the Tory Party Conference in which he vowed that Tories will stop "the misuse of 15 minute cities ... what is sinister is the idea of local councils deciding how often you can go to the shops". Not a sinister as a government pedalling ridiculous conspiracy theories in order to attract votes from the hard of thinking.

• Wow

wearedoomed

We seem to have a bunch of self-serving wankers across the whole of politics both local and Parliamentary.

Boris has no shame and the sooner he’s booted out of the Commons the better.

Those who can, do. Those who can’t, get into politics.

Moth

VIP Member
So Braverman steps beyond the asylum seeker issue to criticise general immigration and multiculturalism. Invokes patriotism and has the absolute gall to use David Cameron's phrase about 'all being in it together' to suggest that immigrants are not really part of this country. She rejects as "offensive" the suggestion that because she is the daughter of immigrants and comes from a multicultural background herself that it is hypocritical to be against these things.

She rejects the suggestion that we need to belong to the ECHR to protect our human rights while at the same time the government has been busy curtailing our right to protest, to vote, to strike and limit our right to judicial review. Who know where they will go next.

If this isn't outright fascism it is as 'fascist adjacent' as we have ever seen in this country. And what is genuinely frightening is that it appears to attract support from at least 25% of the country. Sickening and scary.

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Apart from the pedantry regarding spelling, you might be considered. 😬 Try doing blackface and then lecturing others on racism ... that might tip the balance in your favour!

Anyway ... what's happening with this fucking Osborne email, is it just malicious lies from a bitter aquaintance (I'm nervous about my spelling now) or is there any truth in it?
Gideon Osborne is a cunt of the highest order and I think that many of the statements written in that email could well be true.

• Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
No nads, you being fucking awful was why you were blocked. Nothing to do with what you were born into.

So tedious those of all different persuasions reaching for something 🙄
Screenshot_20230613_085026_Brave.jpg

• Haha

Reverend

VIP Member
The list of people that have declined an honour is quite something:
Alan Bennett
David Bowie
Danny Boyle
Michael Faraday
Albert Finney
David Hockney
Peter O'Toole
John Cole
Brian Eno
CS Lewis
Malcolm MacDowell
Paul Weller
Peter Capaldi
Ian McDiarmid
John Oliver
Howard Gayle
(there are more, but these are the eye catchers).

I'd rather be associated with these people rather than with 'Sir' Iain Duncan Smith, 'Sir' Jacob Rees-Mogg, 'Sir' Jimmy Savile.....

• Heart