UK Politics #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching the results from the local elections coming in. It's early at the moment but so satisfying seeing swings away from the tories considering how poorly they've run the country for the last 13 years.
our area isnt being counted til Tomorrow I believe but i'm quite proud of myself as I managed to change my Mum's vote.
Not that she's your stereotypical Tory she just blamed Labour for her Mum dying( dont ask lol)

• Sad
Reactions: 4
our area isnt being counted til Tomorrow I believe but i'm quite proud of myself as I managed to change my Mum's vote.
Not that she's your stereotypical Tory she just blamed Labour for her Mum dying( dont ask lol)
Are you going to keep an eye out tomorrow for when your result comes in? Glad you managed to change your mum's mind and made her understand the misery of the current Tory government.

Are you going to keep an eye out tomorrow for when your result comes in? Glad you managed to change your mum's mind and made her understand the misery of the current Tory government.
yes i'll be watching all the results, My area of Gedling atm is mainly Labour except for the bit I live. So hoping for the best as all they do is post pictures having a Coffee in local cafes.
The bit that helped me with Mum was the Environment and the way Tom Randall voted against free school meals being extended etc

yes i'll be watching all the results, My area of Gedling atm is mainly Labour except for the bit I live. So hoping for the best as all they do is post pictures having a Coffee in local cafes.
The bit that helped me with Mum was the Environment and the way Tom Randall voted against free school meals being extended etc
I hope it goes your way! Tom Randall looks like a mini Rees-Mogg clone.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I wonder if that tactical vote website has anything to do with this too.

I'll hold my breath though because I still remember 2019.

I don't like any of the parties and the only good thing about a labour gov is it would stop the union calling strikes and the protests and get the civil service working again. I've got a relative who has been unable to work for the last three months while he waits for them to send out a certificate which his work place requires, all the while not being paid.

Reactions: 2
I'm happy seeing the Tories lose so many seats.

They've caused so much damage to this country. They've had this coming for a bloody long time.

Reactions: 9
Watching the results from the local elections coming in. It's early at the moment but so satisfying seeing swings away from the tories considering how poorly they've run the country for the last 13 years.
Will Labour be any better !
IMG_4218.jpeg

Reactions: 2
One area in the South West only had 15% turn out for voting. Seems very low :(
Local elections, they're about filling potholes, nimby planning policy, who will get the contract to empty the bins, how much of a pain in the ass they'll make going to the tip now, and how many percent they'll all stiff us on council tax to pay for it all. Nothing ever changes in local government no matter who wins, the services just get worse and the bills get higher, its just different people getting to play at being in charge for a while.

Reactions: 11
One area in the South West only had 15% turn out for voting. Seems very low :(
---

Is this for all the elections that were held yesterday?
I think so ! I’m not in England so just assumed there’s only one election going on ?
IMG_4219.jpeg

the Torys got in in my area again :( i'm moving to the next street over lol

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
Will Labour be any better !View attachment 2149457
I would say so yes.
---
Just saw the Gedling result come in now 🏆

Labour gained Dover (my area) for the first time since 2003.

As petty as it may be, I’m bloody overjoyed the Tories are down at least 780 seats as of the time of writing this.

Thirteen whole years of Tory incompetence, austerity, and them literally laughing at us and considering us peasants. Is it any wonder people have had enough?

Reactions: 12
My dad used to say that if they tied a blue ribbon on a pig round here it would get elected.
Our results have only just come in and the Lib Dem candidate has been elected. I'm shocked and heartened.

Reactions: 6
My dad used to say that if they tied a blue ribbon on a pig round here it would get elected.
Our results have only just come in and the Lib Dem candidate has been elected. I'm shocked and heartened.
I was listening to James O'Brien on LBC today and his topic today was 'did you shock yourself with how you voted' and there were some great callers. A life long Tory voter saying he couldn't stand anyone in our government and an out and out Labour trade union guy who both voted Lib Dem in their areas.

I live in a super conservative area and I've generally been a Tory voter but they didn't get one vote from me. I went all Labour. Conservatives lost control of the council for the first time in years.

I think the Lib Dems will do well come the next election. Disaffected Tories usually go Lib Dem.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.