UK Politics #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wonder whether Rishi would have run if he knew or thought Boris would run too? Because unfortunately we know he would lose again, would he put himself through that?

I agree though all too quiet, I keep searching everywhere and thinking I must have missed something.

Reactions: 3
hes got a cheek hasn't he! but maybe the 'definitely got 100 backers' claims are inflated and they're scrambling so sunak doesn't reach over half and get the job automatically (if that's even how they're doing it)
Sunak has got his hundred and is through. If Johnson and Mordaunt get 100 they are through too. If neither gets 100 Sunak wins without it going to a members vote. At this stage it looks unlikely that Mordaunt will get 100 and there is confusion over Johnson’s figures. It doesn’t look like he will get a higher number than Sunak, but if you does managed to scrape 100 votes together he could well have a better chance of getting his job back as there seem to be plenty of idiots out there with the memories of goldfish!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Sunak has got his hundred and is through. If Johnson and Mordaunt get 100 they are through too. If neither gets 100 Sunak wins without it going to a members vote. At this stage it looks unlikely that Mordaunt will get 100 and there is confusion over Johnson’s figures. It doesn’t look like he will get a higher number than Sunak, but if you does managed to scrape 100 votes together he could well have a better chance of getting his job back as there seem to be plenty of idiots out there with the memories of goldfish!
not sure if this was just speculation but i read if one of them gets over half then it doesn't go to members at all - is that right??

We need the phone hackers. I know its very Very very bad but I'd love to hear the mad bargaining.

Oh my good lort they're going to kill Rishi 😭

• Haha
It's happening ...

I can't believe we're even in this situation although not sure who to believe with both sides slinging mud. Guido is saying that Rishi's side think he'll scrape through apparently

Screenshot_20221023_180526.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I'm starting to worry a bit that it's too quiet, fully expected him to announce he's not running by now.

BJ might go full tonto 😬
I think he wants the guaranteed 100 before confirming so he doesn't get egg on his face. He knows that the regular members will vote for him but the MPs are more of an issue.

Reactions: 8
How was Rishi a back stabber? If your boss set some strict rules at work that they expected everyone to abide by but then didn’t themselves and then lied to you all about how he hadn’t broken the rules, but then got found to have broken the rules pretty badly would you be happy? You decide to stick by him thinking he deserves a second chance for him to then put a person into a high position that he knows has been sexually assaulting people, you would still stick by him? This is after he missed critically important meetings because he wanted to finish a book on Shakespeare and finalise a divorce.

After all that and more you quit and that makes you the back stabber? Give me a break.
Because he had his leadership campaign video ready since December, indicating he wasn’t actually bothered that Johnson had pledged loyalty to the sex pest Pincher, or wasn’t bothered about partygate, or wasn’t bothered about Johnson’s generally foul attitude - He was opportunistic. He saw an opportunity to spell the downfall of Boris as Prime Minister, when the Pincher scandal first became public knowledge, by resigning. In other words, he weaponised the sexual harassment, experienced by the young men who Pinched groped, in order to get his foot in the door at No. 10. That is disgusting and is representative of his immorality. I think I misused the word “backstabber” as I don’t really care about the fact that he double-crossed Boris, but it’s the fact that he willingly stood by for three years and witnessed Boris’s disgusting misconduct, which came at the country’s expense, yet Sunak openly defended him, such as when he voted that he had full confidence in Boris, but only resigned when it was clear there was no return for him as PM. By the time he resigned it was all too little and too late, and Rishi knew exactly what he was doing and he certainly wasn’t resigning because he was a principled man.

By the way, don’t think for a minute I’m in anyway defending Boris and I certainly don’t want him back in No. 10, but I’ve noticed in recent days people seem to be stating that Sunak would make a good PM, simply because he’s slightly less of an hole than Boris or are showcasing support for Rishi simply because they don’t want Boris back in power, seemingly forgetting that he was a key member of Boris’s cabinet, who as a team, were responsible for a three-year shitshow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
How was Rishi a back stabber? If your boss set some strict rules at work that they expected everyone to abide by but then didn’t themselves and then lied to you all about how he hadn’t broken the rules, but then got found to have broken the rules pretty badly would you be happy? You decide to stick by him thinking he deserves a second chance for him to then put a person into a high position that he knows has been sexually assaulting people, you would still stick by him? This is after he missed critically important meetings because he wanted to finish a book on Shakespeare and finalise a divorce.

After all that and more you quit and that makes you the back stabber? Give me a break.
The whole back stabbing insult is ridiculous when you consider they work in politics, that's the very nature of the game.

It's also a bit rich of Boris to expect loyalty when he cheated on his first wife with his second, then cheated on his second wife with his third. If Carrie's lucky she'll be his final wife as I cannot imagine anyone touching that man with a barge pole

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It's getting tense ... COME ON RISHI

That surely just means Penny won't be able to make it so it'll be a two horse race? Of course no one has actually voted yet so BJs backers could then switch to her.

Reactions: 1
One thing positive about Rishi being mega rich is he will be able to pay for his own decorating and holidays.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Jokes on me for thinking this leadership race would be less tedious because they said it'd be over in a week but it feels even more drawn out.

Johnson must be really enjoying keeping everyone on their toes with the will he won't he. It's actually boring now, rather he just come out and say without all this annoying build up.

I can't believe we're even in this situation although not sure who to believe with both sides slinging mud. Guido is saying that Rishi's side think he'll scrape through apparently

View attachment 1672400
What is taking the other 100 so long? There’s 3 to choice from, make a decision and own it. Unless they don’t want to pick any of them, is that allowed?

Reactions: 2
That surely just means Penny won't be able to make it so it'll be a two horse race? Of course no one has actually voted yet so BJs backers could then switch to her.
I wonder if Penny is waiting for the last minute then will suddenly throw her supporters Rishi's way making it impossible for Johnson to get to 100.

Reactions: 4
What is taking the other 100 so long? There’s 3 to choice from, make a decision and own it. Unless they don’t want to pick any of them, is that allowed?
Hedging their bets in case they back the wrong horse. I bet there are loads of people who would rather back no one than having the public shame of backing Boris Johnson, i'd be fuming if I saw that my MP was backing boris

Reactions: 10
Jokes on me for thinking this leadership race would be less tedious because they said it'd be over in a week but it feels even more drawn out.

Johnson must be really enjoying keeping everyone on their toes with the will he won't he. It's actually boring now, rather he just come out and say without all this annoying build up.
I actually find it so sad how desperate he’s coming across, even though he hasn’t actually announced anything yet 🤣.

Boarding a plane to catch the first flight home, the minute Truss resigns because there’s a chance he’ll be able to fulfill his dream of running for a second term, not taking into consideration for moment, how the British public may react to his comeback. Then he makes the deliberate choice to fly in economy, because he wants to create the idea that he’s one of us, and so he can set tongues wagging, in the press. Trying to influence Penny Mordaunt to step down, yet doesn’t appear to have suggested this idea to Sunak despite how he’s the leadership candidate who Boris should be worrying about.

Reactions: 14
I mean rishi might be good for the economy of the country but unfortunately that will come at the cost of us plebs. He wont care about bleeping over the ltitle people

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.