UK Politics #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wonder whether Rishi would have run if he knew or thought Boris would run too? Because unfortunately we know he would lose again, would he put himself through that?

I agree though all too quiet, I keep searching everywhere and thinking I must have missed something.
The cynic in me thinks Boris's ego wouldn't take the loss. I bet he was waiting until over 100 MPs said they'd vote for him before he officially declares. I don't know if that's looking less likely now with Braverman and Badenoch declaring for Rishi.

Reactions: 4
I actually find it so sad how desperate he’s coming across, even though he hasn’t actually announced anything yet 🤣.
Yes, Boris brings out the worst of me in terms of attachment issues. Aw ... poor Boris. The man is a bleep. End of. Never forget that.

Sunak has got his hundred and is through. If Johnson and Mordaunt get 100 they are through too. If neither gets 100 Sunak wins without it going to a members vote. At this stage it looks unlikely that Mordaunt will get 100 and there is confusion over Johnson’s figures. It doesn’t look like he will get a higher number than Sunak, but if you does managed to scrape 100 votes together he could well have a better chance of getting his job back as there seem to be plenty of idiots out there with the memories of goldfish!
The votes being counted so far are mainly from MPs that have come out and said on social media platforms etc and informed the public who they are voting for so each of them could have more or less votes than we think it’s not 100% accurate. Mordaunt got just over 100 the last time she narrowly missed 2nd place.

So Boris tried to swindle them into working under him and they refused.

Why would Rishi accept that with a decent backing from MPs and half the country praying against Boris's return?

And LOL at him pulling out when he wasn't even bold enough to officially admit he was running.

Reactions: 12
The big question is if his supporters jump to supporting Penny. If so the members ballot might be close. If not the Rishi will be seeing the King¹ tomorrow or Tuesday.

¹which still feels strange to type.

Reactions: 3
The coward couldn’t even bring himself to announce he was participating in the leadership race as he couldn’t bare the thought that he’d lose to Sunak. Fragile ego, much?

With it being clear that the lines in the sand have been drawn between Johnson and many of his former allies, creating a divide, hopefully this will put paid to any idea of him running for office again in the future, as he’s possibly made too many enemies now, and with the Tory party being as divided as they are currently, this has been a significant reason why Labour are steaming ahead in the polls so why would they employ a leader in the future, whose only going to further and deepen those divisions? However, the fact he’s said “it’s not the right time” indicates he’s very much looking for the right time to run again 🙄.

I feel like penny could get a good few more votes now seeing as boris has pulled out.
I do hope so. Ideally, I’d like no Tory government, but I think she’s the best of a bad bunch and was the candidate who I felt had the most humility in the last leadership race. It helps her political career hasn’t been tainted by sleaze and scandal like Bojo and Rishi. In fact, I think I’ve seen more of Penny during Liz Truss’s reign as PM, than Truss herself.

I think many Bojo voters only voted in favour of him because they disliked the fact Rishi screwed him over by triggering the mass resignations. However, I can’t see many Boris voters opting for Penny so I think some Tory MPs will be “politically homeless” so to speak, as they won’t vote Penny as I imagine Boris appealed to right wing side of the Tory party whereas I think Penny and Rishi appeal to the more liberal side, but they won’t vote Rishi out of loyalty to Boris.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.