UK Politics #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know some of us take the mickey and moan and gripe about politicians, mostly just to vent and get our frustrations off our chest, but I have to say in all seriousness Kwasi Kwarteng is to my mind the most dangerous politician in a position of power the UK has seen in quite some time. I've been reading some stuff about him and it's frightening. I can handle numpties like Rees-Mogg, Dorries etc ... but this guy, this is whole new level of incompetence/ego/mercantilism. :oops:

Reactions: 7
I know some of us take the mickey and moan and gripe about politicians, mostly just to vent and get our frustrations off our chest, but I have to say in all seriousness Kwasi Kwarteng is to my mind the most dangerous politician in a position of power the UK has seen in quite some time. I've been reading some stuff about him and it's frightening. I can handle numpties like Rees-Mogg, Dorries etc ... but this guy, this is whole new level of incompetence/ego/mercantilism. :oops:
I agree, the quality of PMs has slowly degraded since the Tories first came to power but the current cabinet is honestly frightening.

I agree that Kwateng is dangerous, Braverman too. Truss is just an absolute moron.

Reactions: 4
I agree, the quality of PMs has slowly degraded since the Tories first came to power but the current cabinet is honestly frightening.

I agree that Kwateng is dangerous, Braverman too. Truss is just an absolute moron.
The political class, on all sides, is at its lowest level in terms of talent ever. I'm not sure what the solution is. Not sure about where you live, but where I live the local county councillours, who probably affect you more on a daily basis than Truss does, are an absolute shower.

Reactions: 2
The fact he is the Chancellor is very scary, as he's proved. I've never liked Kwasi. Just don't get good vibes from him.

I think when there is a change in leader/PM a general election should be called shortly after, like Theresa May and Boris Johnson did. It's ridiciculous 81,000 people voted Truss in. It's even more ridiculous that she won by a relatively small margin too. She has no mandate to govern this country.

I don't subscribe that you vote for the party not the leader. Of course you do because whoever is leader determines how the party is run and who is in the important cabinet roles. I voted for David Cameron because I liked him. I voted for Boris (I know, I am ashamed) because I didn't like Corbyn. I would vote for Starmer because I think he is a decent human being.

Reactions: 5
He’s a bleeping weirdo alright. If a Labour MP had laughed all the way through the Queen’s funeral the press would have lynched them. I do love how it’s now an open secret that he’s been banging LT though. Graham Norton wasn’t even subtle about it on his show last night.

Reactions: 10
I can see there being an election at some point next year. I think the Tories will reject the budget alsi which will leave Truss in an even more tricky situation

He’s a bleeping weirdo alright. If a Labour MP had laughed all the way through the Queen’s funeral the press would have lynched them. I do love how it’s now an open secret that he’s been banging LT though. Graham Norton wasn’t even subtle about it on his show last night.
Yeah, I was just thinking about in the leadership contest when Truss couldn't find her way out of a room she had not long entered: if that was a Labour opposition leader it would have been the new bacon roll moment.

It's just such a tiring experience where my list of hopes for a government has one bullet point: not make an absolute colossal embarrassing shitshow of everything.

And the vast majority of cabinet ministers for 3 years can't manage it.

I also think Liz Truss is also quite frightening and dangerous.

Seriously, he laughed throughout the Queen's funeral. What a fuckface.
What did Graham Norton say? Sorry I haven't heard this rumour.

Reactions: 1
Yeah, I was just thinking about in the leadership contest when Truss couldn't find her way out of a room she had not long entered: if that was a Labour opposition leader it would have been the new bacon roll moment.
Awww poor Ed. I wasn't a fan but I did feel for him then.

I also think Liz Truss is also quite frightening and dangerous.
She's dangerous insofar as she's banal. There's a book, or an essay, 'The banality of evil'. Obviously I don't think Liz is evil (a ridiculous term). I'm not even sure how much 'power' she actually has. Unlike the US we don't have a presidential decree to override everything (thank duck).

I'm interested to know what Graham said too. I told my partner the other night I think they're banging, but I was half joking!

I also think Liz Truss is also quite frightening and dangerous ...
I agree. I think there is a danger in dismissing her as a moron or 'thick Lizzie'. I don't think she is. She knows what she's doing and why and is just as wedded to the libertarian philosophy as Kwarteng and probably more that former front runners in the ERG such as Rees-Mogg and Steve Baker. That's not a secret but I think Tory MPs, even some who support her, have been shocked by how far and fast she is willing to go to implement the policies advocated by the Tufton Street think tanks and right -wing billionaires.

Reactions: 4
Graham put up a photo of them at the conference sat next to each other and gazing at each other longingly and joked about it(can’t remember what he said). It’s obviously an open secret. Her husband must be a right doormat to put up with her. She’s shagged half the men in the party if rumours are true.

Reactions: 3
advocated by the Tufton Street think tanks and right -wing billionaires.
You've been listening to James O'Brien too much. No offense. Looking foward to him getting sued for his drunken racist outburst against Maajid.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.