UK Literary Luvvies #2 Vital reading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sad to read this because I enjoyed the TLS podcast a few years back when he and Thea Lenarduzzi were cohosts, I liked their humorous coworker-bantering. Also, they once asked listeners to send in their literary-named pets and they read my email about my corgi practically verbatim and it was a little bit thrilling. (The corg's former owners named him Chance after Jerzy Kozinski novel/Peter Sellers film Being There).
I shall go and find that article Abell wrote, thank you.
---
Re the Elizabeth Day interiors feature: I am minorly enraged that she wants anyone to believe that actual working writers sit comfortably for longer than 20 minutes on those ridiculous desk chairs.
She is insufferable. We all know women like that, just ME ME ME, "Look how successful I am, all by my little cutesy self, except for my monster-famous novelist cousin who made some calls and got me my first big newspaper job, tee hee. But I am SO HARDWORKING, I worked really hard after that and also did some seriously strategic dating and TA-DA, now I am so preciously elite that I have painted all my floors white."
Who is the novelist cousin? 👀

Reactions: 3
I'm sad to read this because I enjoyed the TLS podcast a few years back when he and Thea Lenarduzzi were cohosts, I liked their humorous coworker-bantering. Also, they once asked listeners to send in their literary-named pets and they read my email about my corgi practically verbatim and it was a little bit thrilling. (The corg's former owners named him Chance after Jerzy Kozinski novel/Peter Sellers film Being There).
I shall go and find that article Abell wrote, thank you.
---
Re the Elizabeth Day interiors feature: I am minorly enraged that she wants anyone to believe that actual working writers sit comfortably for longer than 20 minutes on those ridiculous desk chairs.
She is insufferable. We all know women like that, just ME ME ME, "Look how successful I am, all by my little cutesy self, except for my monster-famous novelist cousin who made some calls and got me my first big newspaper job, tee hee. But I am SO HARDWORKING, I worked really hard after that and also did some seriously strategic dating and TA-DA, now I am so preciously elite that I have painted all my floors white."
Who’s the cousin?

I just find this level of attention-seeking pretty tragic for someone in their thirties honestly...

Screenshot_20230419-220839.png

Screenshot_20230419-220930.png

---
Screenshot_20230419-220900.png

• Sick
Reactions: 6
The sequence of Dolly going out out, Dolly posting a mix tape and Dolly sharing herself hungover is just so cringe. Surely someone has told her?!

What's her little tattoo on her arm? :)
---
The sequence of Dolly going out out, Dolly posting a mix tape and Dolly sharing herself hungover is just so cringe. Surely someone has told her?!
That's all she does babe 😂 she's finished her new book so no more writing for this year

Reactions: 4
To be fair to Dolly, this sequence of insta stories is nowhere near as cringe as some of the rubbish that influencers post, especially momfluencers.

Reactions: 7
To be fair to Dolly, this sequence of insta stories is nowhere near as cringe as some of the rubbish that influencers post, especially momfluencers.
I know I'm on dodgy ground asking this but I'm genuinely wondering how the content highlighted differs from how basically everyone else uses Instagram

Reactions: 11
I know I'm on dodgy ground asking this but I'm genuinely wondering how the content highlighted differs from how basically everyone else uses Instagram
I mean it’s fine but it’s just quite studied cool and try-hard without any self awareness or irony that it’s so try-hard it’s embarrassing rather than being cute and edgy and not like the other girls :)

I think you might find the Dolly Alderton fan club elsewhere if any of you are after that... 🙄

How can anyone stand following ED? It's just endless self promotion and advertising of her new book, all under of guise of being our 'friend'.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think you might find the Dolly Alderton fan club elsewhere if any of you are after that... 🙄
Yeah fair do's, I know this is a site for bitching, I did say I knew I was on dodgy ground! I just genuinely wondered what the issue was with that content compared with the way other people of that age use Instagram. I think it's interesting that you say she lacks self awareness @soph30 , I think she's pretty self-aware and self-deprecating. Anyway, off to set up the Fan Club 😉

Reactions: 7
Dolly is self-aware?! Are we talking about the same person here?
Oh she is self aware and self deprecating, but she tries reallyyy hard. It’s a very studied image, like the no makeup makeup look and beachy just out of bed waves that take an hour :)

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.