UK General Election 2024 #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are our bananas bendy now at least?
I love the bendy banana and straight cucumber story - never an EU directive but a story made up by two journalists in a pub in Brussels, and people ate it up.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Time to renew my passport, still at least it'll be blue I guess? and condemn me to hours and hours in sodding airport queues. Hurrah for the unicorns of the sunlit uplands!

Reactions: 3
Was Stephen Flynn a last minute guest on This Morning? Normally all politicians are suited and booted for all interviews so I was surprised to see him in just a plain white t shirt instead

He should 100% be arrested. Betting on yourself to lose is classic corruption.

Reactions: 4
So bloody pissed off - that’s my constituency and it’s always Tory and there was a good chance he may have won 🙄🙄 twit

Reactions: 5
Has anyone else received leaflets through your letterbox from candidates with grammatical errors? These are small A5 in size and are supposed to be seeking out votes to elect them to help run the country. 🙄

Reactions: 1
Has anyone else received leaflets through your letterbox from candidates with grammatical errors? These are small A5 in size and are supposed to be seeking out votes to elect them to help run the country. 🙄
Yes, our Conservative candidate had one

Ffs what is going on with some of these candidates?!

I kinda get putting a bet on yourself to win as thats no different to average joe putting a bet on - there's no insider knowledge per se. Plus candidates are doing everything they can TO WIN. Betting on yourself to lose is dodge. At best he's hedging his bets but it can be perceived as trying to throw the election. To be fair to Starmer - he kept to his word.

Reactions: 5
Feels like Brexit all over again. People being told they were twats for planning to vote Leave voted that way anyway.

Same goes for the tactic of calling folk ‘racist’ when they disagree with your opinion. I think we’re all a bit tired of it. Kind of ironic too when Labour have proved to be anti-Semitic on numerous occasions.

I’ll vote Reform because neither Labour or Tories deserve my vote. And if it winds up a bunch of rabid lefties then all the better.
You would vote to screw the country to wind up some “lefties?” Oh dear.

Reactions: 7
Feels like Brexit all over again. People being told they were twats for planning to vote Leave voted that way anyway.

Same goes for the tactic of calling folk ‘racist’ when they disagree with your opinion. I think we’re all a bit tired of it. Kind of ironic too when Labour have proved to be anti-Semitic on numerous occasions.

I’ll vote Reform because neither Labour or Tories deserve my vote. And if it winds up a bunch of rabid lefties then all the better.
---
And again you assume anyone with what you consider extreme views are thick.

Centrist views are based on compromise and generally please no-one. Middle ground is staid and represents a lack of innovation.

Extreme views at least provide new ideas, even if you don’t like them.
There is nothing wrong with compromise. It is democratic to take a wider view. New ideas aren’t necessarily better just because they are new. There is nothing new about Farage and his party’s politics.
---
And again you assume anyone with what you consider extreme views are thick.

Centrist views are based on compromise and generally please no-one. Middle ground is staid and represents a lack of innovation.

Extreme views at least provide new ideas, even if you don’t like them.
There is nothing wrong with compromise. Also new ideas are not necessarily better. Not that Farage has any new ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Yep, two in the leaflet I got from the Tory candidate yesterday

Reactions: 3
More betting news, a member of the Welsh Parliament, for the seat which overlaps with that of Sunak's PPS, is also being investigated:

Screenshot_20240625_212939_Chrome.png

And Alistair Jack has ... got confused over if he was joking or not when he told the BBC he'd won £2000 betting on the election date:

Screenshot_20240625_213004_Chrome.png

• Wow
Nope but one independent candidate in the recent local elections here in Ireland had the quite frankly genius slogan of 'Make Crime Illegal'.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
See here's the thing about democracy, everyone gets a vote to use how they see fit or not. If someone wants to use their vote to wind up some lefties so what, it's their vote. I've voted simply to attempt to save a candidates deposit because there were no viable options and that is my right to do.
Really bleeping tired of people having a superiority complex on here.
Oh and I'm voting Tory for the 1st time in years because they appear to be the only party that know what a Woman is. My vote, my choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 18