UK General Election 2024 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If someone wants to use their vote to wind up some lefties so what, it's their vote.
Of course it is, no one has said different. But if they're willing to admit it in a public forum, they've got to expect people to take the piss out of such daft reasoning. šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Of course it is, no one has said different. But if they're willing to admit it in a public forum, they've got to expect people to take the piss out of such daft reasoning. šŸ˜‚
I don't believe there is any daft reason for voting because any vote is for personal reasons.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don't believe there is any daft reason for voting because any vote is for personal reasons.
There is a difference for voting for something that makes a difference that you agree with (in your case you think voting Tory is a good idea) and voting something that will result in a bad outcome but will wind an individual up which is a bit pathetic.

See here's the thing about democracy, everyone gets a vote to use how they see fit or not. If someone wants to use their vote to wind up some lefties so what, it's their vote. I've voted simply to attempt to save a candidates deposit because there were no viable options and that is my right to do.
Really bleeping tired of people having a superiority complex on here.
Oh and I'm voting Tory for the 1st time in years because they appear to be the only party that know what a Woman is. My vote, my choice.
Do they though

I'm voting Labour to wind up the terfs

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
There is a difference for voting for something that makes a difference that you agree with (in your case you think voting Tory is a good idea) and voting something that will result in a bad outcome but will wind an individual up which is a bit pathetic.
Only in your eyes, every vote placed regardless of whether you personally think it's a valid reason, is a valid reason to the person who placed it and thatscwhat democracy is. You have your own vote to use how you please. You don't get to decide someone else's vote.

Reactions: 12
Only in your eyes, every vote placed regardless of whether you personally think it's a valid reason, is a valid reason to the person who placed it and thatscwhat democracy is. You have your own vote to use how you please. You don't get to decide someone else's vote.
No one said they get to decide someone elseā€™s vote. But voting for something you donā€™t believe in as essentially a troll vote is moronic.

Reactions: 9
I'm what I assume you'd consider a terf and I shall still be voting Labour. There are plenty of gender critical people who will be.
Of course, but plenty are voting Tory and not Labour because "at least they know what a woman is".

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Why do people on the right tend to feel that when left wing people express an opinion that weā€™re trying to dictate how people vote or talk about things being ā€˜rammed down their throatsā€™? Everyone can vote how they want, thatā€™s democracy. But people can express opinions and question other peopleā€™s judgement. Thatā€™s free speech. This is also a thread on Tattle about the election so not sure what people are expecting here. Personally, I think thereā€™s no such thing as a daft opinion is one of the daftest things Iā€™ve read on here šŸ¤£

Why do people on the right tend to feel that when left wing people express an opinion that weā€™re trying to dictate how people vote or talk about things being ā€˜rammed down their throatsā€™? Everyone can vote how they want, thatā€™s democracy. But people can express opinions and question other peopleā€™s judgement. Thatā€™s free speech. This is also a thread on Tattle about the election so not sure what people are expecting here. Personally, I think thereā€™s no such thing as a daft opinion is one of the daftest things Iā€™ve read on here šŸ¤£
They like to think they're the free thinking mavericks and the left are "programmed".

Reactions: 4
They also complain about woke snowflakes but consider someone challenging their opinion as ā€˜violenceā€™ against them

• Haha
I donā€™t think Reform will win the election, but I also donā€™t think the outcome would necessarily be bad if they did.

Whereas with Labour it definitely will be, given that Iā€™m working for a living. I remember the last time they ran the country and it was a shitshow.

Not that the Tories would be any better. They can get in the sea the lot of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm what I assume you'd consider a terf and I shall still be voting Labour. There are plenty of gender critical people who will be.
Same. Except that in my constituency the Labour candidate is an absolute wrongun, and I donā€™t know if I can bring myself to vote for him. I am so pissed off.
(Islington North. The candidate was parachuted in and is a private healthcare provider - so I wouldnā€™t trust him as far as I could chuck him )

One thing Iā€™ve noticed about people saying they are going to vote Reform to upset the woke lefty snowflakes, or because neither the Tories or Labour have ā€œearned their voteā€ is that they claim that is the only reason. I think theyā€™re lying. They are voting for the foul racism because thatā€™s all there is and just donā€™t want to admit it. Which is utterly stupid.

I donā€™t think Reform will win the election, but I also donā€™t think the outcome would necessarily be bad if they did.

Whereas with Labour it definitely will be, given that Iā€™m working for a living. I remember the last time they ran the country and it was a shitshow.

Not that the Tories would be any better. They can get in the sea the lot of them.
No it wasn't, behave.

Reactions: 13
My labour candidate lives 600 miles away from the constituency. Not even trying.

Should be law that they have to live in the area to stand in it.

Reactions: 16

That's funny because I was working too the last time Labour were in government and I don't remember it being a shitshow, unless your definition of a shitshow is introducing the national minimum wage and actually being able to get a doctor's appointment.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

I disagree, if Reform win the election this country will crash and burn. Their economic policies are Liz Truss's on steroids. The NHS will be privatised (Farage himself has been open about this). I suppose if you're wealthy you'd be ok.

I also remember the last Labour Government too - it may not have been perfect, but life and living standards were so much better than they are now. I was always able to get a same day GP appointment and cancer treatment started within weeks (and in some cases days) of diagnosis. This doesn't happen now.

My home town was a nicer place to live in 2010 compared to now. There was a thriving town centre, a local library that was well used, a fully functioning fire station, a police station, sure start centres, youth connexions and schools that had improved massively. Our Labour MP was well known and well liked in the community as he spent a lot of time in the area outside of the election cycle. He fought for every town in the constituency - not just the town he lived in.

Now? The shops have all closed. The Library - closed. The sure start centre, youth connexions - closed. The fire station - closed. The police station - closed. The schools are falling apart due to neglect and lack of funding. Crime is up, unemployment and homelessness are up. Rents are high and the town looks dirty, run down and ruined. The Tory MP only shows her face during election time, she treats her constituents with contempt and only the town she lives in gets the funding for nice things. The other towns in the constituency have been given nothing and have been left to fester.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Using your vote to piss off your equally powerless fellow citizens is stupid though. By all means vote as a "duck you" to the politicians, but potentially creating a worse society just to see your neighbour moan a bit is dumb.

Reactions: 13
She has always been happy to do publicity stunts (truth be told much like her druggie Dad) so do be quiet Lottie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.