UK General Election 2024 #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thick twats who vote Farage will never be convinced otherwise. They think any negative press about him is the "political elite" trying to smear him.
I dunno… I pop onto tattle for some lighthearted relief and I get bundled into the “Thick twit” bin…. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Whilst you might not care for Farage as a person, I’d love to know why people have a problem with Reform’s manifesto? Like, what about voting for that makes anyone a thick twit?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Whilst you might not care for Farage as a person, I’d love to know why people have a problem with Reform’s manifesto? Like, what about voting for that makes anyone a thick twit?
It's not that I "don't like" Farage as a person, it is that he is a dangerous populist fascist who shouldn't be anywhere near the government of a civilised, democratic country. I think lots of politicians are tits but I don't consider many of them as an active danger to democracy. See also: Trump.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Well, because it's scribbled on the back of a fag packet, it's pie in the sky, and it's revoltingly divisive. IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If you want to look at Reform's crayola manifesto as a serious proposition (hint: it isn't because, like the Greens, they know full well they aren't getting in so they can afford to put in ridiculous policies that they know would never actually make the cut in reality), you might want to look at what the institute for fiscal studies has said about the costings involved:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

The manifesto was basically a fantasy document, there wouldn't be any money for it and it actually helps people who are already wealthy more than it helps the average person.

It's just something thrown together because they wouldn't get away with only saying the xenophobic and racist stuff otherwise.

Like I said in the last thread, Reform voters are no different to Count Binface voters voting for his free croissants or whatever it is. But at least people who vote Count Binface acknowledge its not serious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Feels like Brexit all over again. People being told they were twats for planning to vote Leave voted that way anyway.

Same goes for the tactic of calling folk ‘racist’ when they disagree with your opinion. I think we’re all a bit tired of it. Kind of ironic too when Labour have proved to be anti-Semitic on numerous occasions.

I’ll vote Reform because neither Labour or Tories deserve my vote. And if it winds up a bunch of rabid lefties then all the better.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Could someone voting reform try and explain why they are voting this way and also whether you agree with what farage has said about Russia/ukraine and whether you support this?

Reactions: 9
Feels like Brexit all over again. People being told they were twats for planning to vote Leave voted that way anyway.

Same goes for the tactic of calling folk ‘racist’ when they disagree with your opinion. I think we’re all a bit tired of it. Kind of ironic too when Labour have proved to be anti-Semitic on numerous occasions.

I’ll vote Reform because neither Labour or Tories deserve my vote. And if it winds up a bunch of rabid lefties then all the better.
Hilarious that Reform voters would definitely call me a rabid lefty when actually my politics are only just very slightly left of centre. The actual rabid lefties would call me Tory lite. Just goes to show the thinking power of those at either extreme of the political spectrum, or lack thereof.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Hilarious that Reform voters would definitely call me a rabid lefty when actually my politics are only just very slightly left of centre. The actual rabid lefties would call me Tory lite. Just goes to show the thinking power of those at either extreme of the political spectrum, or lack thereof.
Also it’s interesting how close the far left and far right can be. See the views on how big bad nato/US have caused trouble with dear old Russia

• Heart
Reactions: 11