UK General Election 2024 #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's incredible folk think Reform are a credible political party, they're a private enterprise with no interest in improving Public Services in this country, only their hedge funds matter.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Could someone voting reform try and explain why they are voting this way and also whether you agree with what farage has said about Russia/ukraine and whether you support this?
Because choosing between Labour and the Conservatives is like choosing whether to eat a bucket of sick or a bucket of tit? I’m a former conservative voter but this lot have put me off voting for them again. They don’t even know what they stand for anymore (apart from extracting money out of the system for their pals)…

Reactions: 6
That’s not really a rational answer is it? What is it the conservatives once stood for but no longer do, in your view?

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
People who plan to vote Reform and don't mention immigration seem to be unable to say what they are voting for, only what they are voting against.

I'm yet to hear any support or faith in the non immigration policies.

Reactions: 13
It's incredible folk think Reform are a credible political party, they're a private enterprise with no interest in improving Public Services in this country, only their hedge funds matter.
It’s also incredible that people think Labour or Conservatives are any more credible based on their track records or that they possess the ability to achieve anything in their similarly fictional back of a fag packet manifestos but it seems some do!

Reactions: 7
The conservative and Labour manifestos are not ‘back of fag packet’ as they would actually have to implement them if elected and civil servants will be tasked with doing so. This is why the Labour manifesto is criticised for not being ‘radical’ enough. It’s because it has to be realistic

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Reform aren't getting into government in any meaningful way anyway, so if people want to go ahead and vote for them and split the right vote because they believe Farage's utter bullshit about immigration being the cause of all their woes then by all means go ahead.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
What do people think of the idea that the goal is for farage to be elected as an mp then he will join the tories to become their leader?

Reactions: 2
People who plan to vote Reform and don't mention immigration seem to be unable to say what they are voting for, only what they are voting against.

I'm yet to hear any support or faith in the non immigration policies.
That’s probably because there aren’t any.
People are hardly going to vote for Reform because of their amazing economic plans or their forward thinking ideas about environmental sustainability.

• Haha
The conservative and Labour manifestos are not ‘back of fag packet’ as they would actually have to implement them if elected and civil servants will be tasked with doing so. This is why the Labour manifesto is criticised for not being ‘radical’ enough. It’s because it has to be realistic
Are you actually for real? You do know the Conservatives failed to deliver on nearly all of their promises? So, even if theirs was as you say more realistic at the time, they still didn’t achieve any of it!

Reactions: 5
It’s also incredible that people think Labour or Conservatives are any more credible based on their track records or that they possess the ability to achieve anything in their similarly fictional back of a fag packet manifestos but it seems some do!
Mainstream political party's have their plans costed & examined by civil servants and credible agencies, Reform unveiled "a contract" thought up by Tice & Magda Goebbels in their hunting lodge.
Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yes, though I’m not sure you are talking about the 2019 Tory manifesto or rishi’s 5 promises thing which are different? You are answering your own question really. Reforms ‘contract’ isn’t realistic to start with. What would happen when it encounters real world events?

Reactions: 6
The manifesto was basically a fantasy document, there wouldn't be any money for it and it actually helps people who are already wealthy more than it helps the average person.

It's just something thrown together because they wouldn't get away with only saying the xenophobic and racist stuff otherwise.

Like I said in the last thread, Reform voters are no different to Count Binface voters voting for his free croissants or whatever it is. But at least people who vote Count Binface acknowledge its not serious.

Count Binface has a more coherent manifesto than Reform tbf :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Are you actually for real? You do know the Conservatives failed to deliver on nearly all of their promises? So, even if theirs was as you say more realistic at the time, they still didn’t achieve any of it!
Yeah that's kinda why they're expected to be voted out of government.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I have gestational diabetes and this croissant talk is making me very jealous.
He does have other policies!
My favourites are National Service for former PMs, offering European countries the opportunity to join the UK and volunteering to represent the UK at Eurovision. Truly something for everyone.
---
Free croissants for all !
Oh dear. Not free - price capped at £1.10. He’s not an idiot.

• Haha
  • Heart
What do people think of the idea that the goal is for farage to be elected as an mp then he will join the tories to become their leader?
Depends on how much work he has to do as he's a notoriously lazy hole. I don't think he really wants to be an MP but has gone down this route because he got the cold shoulder from the Trump campaign.

Reactions: 8
Ultimately people are gonna vote how they like. Reform will get a maximum of 5 maybe 6 seats and will be voted back out again in 5 years. They are a protest vote - nothing more. They are only doing well because the Conservatives are so awful.

If he gets elected, Nigel Farage will not hold weekly surgeries, he wont be sending emails out to councils/NHS/organisations when someone has an issue. I cannot see him turning up to committee meetings - thats if he's appointed to any select committees - which I doubt he will be. He'll do a Galloway. Turn up on the first day and then never return. He'll take his MPs salary and go suck up to Trump/Putin. His history as an MEP will give you a picture of the type of MP he will be. The people of Clacton will end up abandoned with no parliamentary representation at a local level.

I need to research to check but I don't think any of Reform UK Ltd's candidates have any form of experience in frontline public services - I can't see any of the ones I know about wanting to do the work that being a constituency MP entails.

• Heart
Reactions: 15