UK General Election 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I listened to a podcast featuring Dr Edward Kessler who is a leader in interfaith relations. He stresses that in an ever increasing sectarian world, it is so important to engage in meaningful dialogue (even if it is mediated), as by doing so it quickly becomes apparent that there are more things in common between two groups/people than there are differences.

Sectarianism has always been there but it is weaponised a lot more now. The sectarian mindset is now feeding into other areas of political difference.

Reactions: 5
1717509873214.png

What a melt. She's barely old enough to have ever voted, what can Nigel have ever done to her to warrant that behaviour. Save the milkshakes for Sunak, it's his party that's been in charge of you most of your life petal.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Don't see the point of that sort of 'protest', it just garners him even more publicity not that he needs any help with the media hanging on every word. I see that he has already rowed back on Reform's stated policy regarding offshore processing of asylum seekers but if the media must interview him I'd like to see them ask questions about some of the other policies and see how they stand up to scrutiny.

i bet she felt bleeping great afterwards though
For about 30 seconds maybe, she's been arrested for assault, and all she's achieved is getting him a few more headlines and probably a ban on milkshakes being sold anywhere near a politician walkabout for a month

Reactions: 3
You can hate a politician but assaulting them isn't right

Reactions: 35
For about 30 seconds maybe, she's been arrested for assault, and all she's achieved is getting him a few more headlines and probably a ban on milkshakes being sold anywhere near a politician walkabout for a month
Did that happen when someone egged Prescott?

People are acting like someone shot him but really he got a drink thrown over him - you'd think he'd be used to it by now 😂. I'm sure the damage to him is less than he has inflicted on society through Brexit and his xenophobic rhetoric.

Also, my milkshake brings all the boys to Farage 🙃

• Angry
Reactions: 14
I don't think throwing things at people is the answer but I won't pretend I'm not struggling to care.

We don't know why that girl threw a drink but people like Farage's words cause so much damage to some minority groups and their safety. Maybe he can try being less of an hole?

He's unharmed and he'll live but anyone who decides to attack a Muslim, for example, because Farage spends all day stoking up hate and calling them the enemy might not.

You reap what you sow I guess. He preaches hate so he gets hate.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I don't think throwing things at people is the answer but I won't pretend I'm not struggling to care.

We don't know why that girl threw a drink but people like Farage's words cause so much damage to some minority groups and their safety. Maybe he can try being less of an hole?

He's unharmed and he'll live but anyone who decides to attack a Muslim, for example, because Farage spends all day stoking up hate and calling them the enemy might not.

His politics already incites violence.

Reform's only MP Lee Anderson made comments during the mayoral election that led to death threats towards Sadiq Khan.

Reactions: 12
His politics already incites violence.

Reform's only MP Lee Anderson made comments during the mayoral election that led to death threats towards Sadiq Khan.
They don't give a tit. They dress it up as patriotism and straight talking and people lap it up.

Reactions: 14
Did anyone else see the reports about the guy accompanying Poundland Powell?
Apparently he’s a certain George Cottrell, and I for one think he sounds lovely.

“Cottrell was arrested by FBI agents as he travelled through Chicago’s O’Hare Airport with Farage in 2016 and charged with 21 offences, including blackmail, extortion, bribery and money laundering. After plea-bargaining, this was reduced to a single charge of wire fraud to which Cottrell pleaded guilty and for which he received an eight-month jail sentence in the US.

As well as being Farage’s PA, Cottrell was UKIP’s co-director of fundraising, a post for which former UKIP candidate William Cash said he had been selected thanks to his knowledge of “the murky and complicated world of shadow banking, secret offshore accounts and sophisticated financial structures”.

After Cottrell was arrested in Chicago (he’d been accompanying Farage on a trip to support Donald Trump’s election campaign), another close associate of Farage and Banks, Andy Wigmore, passed confidential legal documents about the arrest to Sergey Fedichkin, an official at the Russian Embassy in London, for reasons that have never been satisfactorily explained “.

Reactions: 7
Did anyone else see the reports about the guy accompanying Poundland Powell?
Apparently he’s a certain George Cottrell, and I for one think he sounds lovely.

“Cottrell was arrested by FBI agents as he travelled through Chicago’s O’Hare Airport with Farage in 2016 and charged with 21 offences, including blackmail, extortion, bribery and money laundering. After plea-bargaining, this was reduced to a single charge of wire fraud to which Cottrell pleaded guilty and for which he received an eight-month jail sentence in the US.

As well as being Farage’s PA, Cottrell was UKIP’s co-director of fundraising, a post for which former UKIP candidate William Cash said he had been selected thanks to his knowledge of “the murky and complicated world of shadow banking, secret offshore accounts and sophisticated financial structures”.

After Cottrell was arrested in Chicago (he’d been accompanying Farage on a trip to support Donald Trump’s election campaign), another close associate of Farage and Banks, Andy Wigmore, passed confidential legal documents about the arrest to Sergey Fedichkin, an official at the Russian Embassy in London, for reasons that have never been satisfactorily explained “.
What an upstanding citizen. It doesn't really surprise me though, Farage also has a hard on for convicted felon Trump.

Birds of a feather and that.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
And the roads always seem to lead back to Russia…

Last edited:
The Hamas supporting BBC… do me a favour 🤣🤣
---

This is why I find it strange that anyone could support a man that wanted to overturn Brexit and supported a second referendum all while supporting Corbyn (twice) for PM. Starmer cannot be trusted one little bit.
If there was another referendum tomorrow this country would vote to rejoin the EU.
Keir Starmer was a member of the Labour Party under the leadership of Jeremy Corbyn so why would he not want to get the party elected?
---
When you say ‘disrupt’ I’m assuming you mean ‘protect’ Remembrance Day from the pro-Palestine hate marches after the Cenotaph was vandalised in Rochdale.

View attachment 2973526
Ok Tommy, your cover has been blown.
---

He thrives on attention like all narcissists. He will turn it to his advantage just as Trump does.
---
All law abiding citizens over here. All born and bred in the UK as were my ancestors before me. 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
Check out your DNA. I think you will find that your ancestors are African.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Not wanting to agree with the troll but I do think it’s a concern that sectarianism does appear to be entering our politics in new ways (Muslims v Jews, Muslims v Hindus/sikhs). It’s a downside against a lot of positives
It's always existed. The difference is the religions / denominations involved have changed.

Reactions: 3
I don’t like Nigel Farage but attacking politicians physically sits uncomfortably with me. I always worry that things will progress and something like acid will be used next.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.