UK General Election 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well that’s a bit worrying. You claim to be British but probably happy to wave the Palestine flag 🤢
Wow that's a lot of assumptions to make considering you have no idea of that poster's position. Nor of mine, which actually is generally pro Israel, in contrast to many on the left.

OTOH every single right wing stereotype raised on this thread seems fully applicable to you.

I'd always thought British values encompassed tolerance and open mindedness but clearly I was mistaken.

Reactions: 13
I'd always thought British values encompassed tolerance and open mindedness but clearly I was mistaken.
This. We’ve sadly seem to have lost this over the years and I don’t even mean in relation to other races/nationalities. I also mean in mundane things like driving. People just seem so angry all the time at everything…other than at the people responsible to making things tit it seems (the gov)

• Heart
This. We’ve sadly seem to have lost this over the years and I don’t even mean in relation to other races/nationalities. I also mean in mundane things like driving. People just seem so angry all the time at everything…other than at the people responsible to making things tit it seems (the gov)
Seems almost by design....

Reactions: 2
I tend to shy away from thinking "the left" and "the right" are one homogenous mass but occasionally you get someone pop up who exemplifies every single tired old stereotype about that particular group. I might not have shared their politics but there were actually a fair few quite decent Tory politicians until Brexit and BoJo drove them out. If anything I would say I probably have more in common WRT my views with those on the centre right than the hard left. I don't think extremes on either side are healthy or nuanced - nuance is hugely missing in general from mainstream politics. I don't think multiculturalism is all flowers and roses either - believe it or not, growing up mixed race and not quite fitting into either identity is bleeping hard, made harder by ignorant and small minded attitudes such as those which have been displayed on this thread. However I recognise that society is multifaceted and complex and most problems have numerous contributing factors which go extremely deep.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
My Dad was a political prisoner under a dictatorship and was held and tortured for two years. When he got out of prison all his family and most of his friends had been killed except for his first wife and my half sister who were in the UK, and they had come to the UK because his first wife was an English teacher in their home country and therefore thought the UK would be a place she could find work and build a life for her child.
I’m so sorry to hear about your father, sounds utterly horrendous. What country was he from originally?

Reactions: 4
I’m so sorry to hear about your father, sounds utterly horrendous. What country was he from originally?
He's from Latin America. We don't actually have a brilliant relationship to be honest but I can't fault his graft for making a whole new life in another country.

• Heart
You can have whatever political opinions you like but I assume something pretty awful must have happened to you considering your total lack of empathy and human compassion.
People like this think that lacking compassion and empathy are political opinions, that's why he/she keeps moaning whenever anyone 'personally insults' them. Being thick and nasty isn't a political opinion. There are plenty of right wing people I disagree with who aren't half as bloody awful.

• Haha
Freedom of protest?

Do you similarly froth at the mouth when Tommy Robinson and the gang disrupt Remembrance Day? Wasn't he meant to stand for "British values"?
When you say ‘disrupt’ I’m assuming you mean ‘protect’ Remembrance Day from the pro-Palestine hate marches after the Cenotaph was vandalised in Rochdale.

IMG_5256.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Do you think that the war in Gaza is going to hold sway for people in the general election like it did in the local ones? Like George Galloway etc

When you say ‘disrupt’ I’m assuming you mean ‘protect’ Remembrance Day from the pro-Palestine hate marches after the Cenotaph was vandalised in Rochdale.

View attachment 2973526
Yeah they wanted to protect the cenotaph from a protest that didn't go anywhere near it...

A protest that the organisers of the Armistice Day event supported.

Reactions: 5
Do you think that the war in Gaza is going to hold sway for people in the general election like it did in the local ones? Like George Galloway etc
100%. Sectarian politics has come to Britain (shock) and Labour will lose a lot of votes to Galloways party. Some of those towns are beyond saving but what do you expect when Labour opened the doors all those years ago.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
My Dad was a political prisoner under a dictatorship and was held and tortured for two years. When he got out of prison all his family and most of his friends had been killed except for his first wife and my half sister who were in the UK, and they had come to the UK because his first wife was an English teacher in their home country and therefore thought the UK would be a place she could find work and build a life for her child. He came to the UK to find them. His asylum claim was processed and he became a British citizen. And now he's been here for over 40 years, paying taxes, not *once* claiming benefits. He worked from the moment he got here - he was a journalist in his home country but because he couldn't speak English when he came here he ended up washing dishes in a restaurant. He learned English, he became a social worker.

You can have whatever political opinions you like but I assume something pretty awful must have happened to you considering your total lack of empathy and human compassion.
I am really sorry to hear what your dad went through, but please don’t think even for a second that you have to explain or justify your or your dad’s “Britishness”. Most of us would rather have people like your dad here than the foul racists currently wetting their knickers that a lying con man is being a lying con man again.

I think what your post shows - apart from the obvious, is that someone read it and decided that the most empathetic response was a laughing emoji. But be kind eh? 🙄
I think that tells us everything we need to know about them.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I am really sorry to hear what your dad went through, but please don’t think even for a second that you have to explain or justify your or your dad’s “Britishness”. Most of us would rather have people like your dad here than the foul racists currently wetting their knickers that a lying con man is being a lying con man again.

I think what your post shows - apart from the obvious, is that someone read it and decided that the most empathetic response was a laughing emoji. But be kind eh? 🙄
But totally fine to do the same thing about a post inciting someone’s death?

IMG_5247.jpeg

IMG_5248.jpeg

The left will always be hypocrites. That’s why no one takes you lot seriously with your virtue signalling.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

For all their guff about patriotism yesterday it's knowing there's people walking around who still think that way who make me feel ashamed to be British, nothing else

• Haha
Reactions: 9
For all their guff about patriotism yesterday it's knowing there's people walking around who still think that way who make me feel ashamed to be British, nothing else
You're getting offended by a tweet from a "dog". 🤣 Get a grip.
I’m not the one getting offend on here and getting upset because my Dad was a criminal 😜
---
And the right demonstrating yet again that they don’t understand the difference between having a sense of humour and being a racist bleep.
I don’t think it’s me without the sense of humour. 😂😂

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
I’m not the one getting offend on here and getting upset because my Dad was a criminal 😜
I'm not offended. I feel sorry for you. You embody all the worst things about the UK and you're too stupid to even realise it. Nigel doesn't care that you're online defending him, he's not going to shag you you know. I also highly doubt you dont have criminal activity in your family. Racial hate for one.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.