UK General Election 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not offended. I feel sorry for you. You embody all the worst things about the UK and you're too stupid to even realise it. Nigel doesn't care that you're online defending him, he's not going to shag you you know. I also highly doubt you dont have criminal activity in your family. Racial hate for one.
All law abiding citizens over here. All born and bred in the UK as were my ancestors before me. 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

• Haha
Reactions: 3
All law abiding citizens over here. All born and bred in the UK as were my ancestors before me. 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
You sure some didn't come over from France, Germany or Denmark?

I am starting to think you are playing a parody of all right wing stereotypes and this is actually satire.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Do you think that the war in Gaza is going to hold sway for people in the general election like it did in the local ones? Like George Galloway etc
I hope not. It annoys me when people should really be voting on how we improve what we can influence in this country

Reactions: 9
I hope not. It annoys me when people should really be voting on how we improve what we can influence in this country
It is an important issue to me actually because it’s what it stands for in general and actually if a lot of countries stood together then it could make a difference. It’s shown me that half of the international measures are useless because the US appear to be able to override absolutely everything.
It also worries me regarding how much 1 country is being able to get away with for their own benefit…what stops them doing that to us? The way the world is at the moment I don’t think it’s great to take for granted that we’re not currently in a war zone and the tide can quite easily change. I’m sure a lot of people would have a completely different view if it were us being thrown out of our homes and being sent to “safe places” but then being bombed whilst staying in those “safe places”.

However, I am also able to separate that out to other policies that are being offered by the parties to be able to vote in this election. I do understand if others are unable to do that, especially if they’ve lost family members as a direct result as to what’s been happening.

Reactions: 7
You just can't argue with this level of stupid. Surprised they know how to use the internet.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Went to prison…
---

Im here to engage. You just don’t like hearing the truth.
Went to prison in the same way you might be sent to prison in Afghanistan if you were found to be giving girls an education. Presumably you know what it is to be a political prisoner.

Reactions: 21
Went to prison in the same way you might be sent to prison in Afghanistan if you were found to be giving girls an education. Presumably you know what it is to be a political prisoner.
Do you think they know much of anything 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Not wanting to agree with the troll but I do think it’s a concern that sectarianism does appear to be entering our politics in new ways (Muslims v Jews, Muslims v Hindus/sikhs). It’s a downside against a lot of positives

Reactions: 16
I bring my kiddos up bilingual (or I try to anyway!) and I can remember being on a bus once in the South West with my son (who is very olive skinned - takes after me and not his Irish Dad!) - spoke Spanish to him and was loudly glared and tutted at by a woman who said "we speak English here".

duck knows what it must be like for people speaking urdu or punjabi etc in public, they must get it so much worse.
---
Not wanting to agree with the troll but I do think it’s a concern that sectarianism does appear to be entering our politics in new ways (Muslims v Jews, Muslims v Hindus/sikhs). It’s a downside against a lot of positives
I do agree with this but I also think it's always been the case and is perhaps just a lot more apparent now. Because I went to school in East London my friends were mostly Indian or Pakistani and my best friend who is Sikh married a Muslim. Her family did not speak to her for years - even now things are very frosty. His family were a lot more accepting in the end.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.