UK General Election 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think that's me done watching even any debates without Rishi, Penny just keeps on talking over Angela Rayner and got the old £2000 tax thing in again tonight. I'm finding the whole thing tiresome now anyway.

Reactions: 5
Is it true Reform has overtaken Conservatives?!
Sky news are reporting it from a You Gov poll. If it truly translates remains to be seen but this is a gigantic issue for the Conservatives as it suggests it isn't just swing voters but also grassroots.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Sky news are reporting it from a You Gov poll. If it truly translates remains to be seen but this is a gigantic issue for the Conservatives as it suggests it isn't just swing voters but also grassroots.
I did read that the far right was making gains in mainland Europe but I always thought that would not be an issue here because Labour is almost the guaranteed winner.

Reactions: 1
It also suggests their lurch even further to the right on social issues and things like the Rwanda policy aren't really cutting through.

They'd do better to move to the centre ground and try to win back those middle England suburban votes which have gone lib dem / Labour rather than trying to keep a hold of the red wall.

Too late now though.

Reactions: 3
Thoughts on tonight:

Penny is definitely a Tattler, what with the toned-down hair tonight.

Daisy has a VERY LOUD VOICE.

Debate 1 revealed that Angela can't pronounce "nuclear". We can now add "public" to the list. Let's hope she never has to talk to the puberlic about nucular power.

Why has nobody mentioned Nigel's friendship with Trump?

Shouty shouty, ra ra ra.

Carla and Stephen the best again tonight, not that any of it matters.

• Haha
I did read that the far right was making gains in mainland Europe but I always thought that would not be an issue here because Labour is almost the guaranteed winner.
You're implying that if you vote Reform then you're far right?

Reactions: 2
Well ‘yes’, they are a far right party. If you vote for them and you are not far right then maybe you are a bit ‘naive’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Nigel's long term job is to get the Conservative party to move further right to appease the voters they'll loose this election to reform.

Reactions: 9
I would say Reform are just a standard right wing party ideology wise. They do have some candidates (albeit not very many) who are BAME and LGB. They are further to the right than today's Conservatives but not quite far enough to be deemed fascist (collectively anyway - although some of their members most likely are). They just appear to be far right in comparison to the other main parties.

There are some (thankfully small and not well known) parties out there that are far further to the right than Reform. British Democrats (formally the BNP) being one example, who are basically Nazi's with a British flag. Their ideology and policies make Reform's look woke in comparison.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I know this is behind a paywall, but surely it has to be made up? As if a fourteen year old could articulate themselves like that. If he’s real he sounds like a right snooty little twit.

• Haha
Has anyone had a boundary change? Mine makes no difference politically, apart from going from a safer Labour seat to an even safer Labour seat.

From a purely snobbish point of view though, my old constituency had such a lovely sounding name - think "Upper Fluffington and the Pontipines". I'm now in like "Grimesville Sector 13" 😫

Tories never let us have anything nice up here 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
If you vote Reform you are enabling people from the far right.
---
Has anyone had a boundary change? Mine makes no difference politically, apart from going from a safer Labour seat to an even safer Labour seat.

From a purely snobbish point of view though, my old constituency had such a lovely sounding name - think "Upper Fluffington and the Pontipines". I'm now in like "Grimesville Sector 13" 😫🤣
We have. My old one was a safe Tory seat but since the change it is suggested that it could change to Labour. Our new one is a safe Tory seat and looks like remaining blue. Gutted.
---

From a purely snobbish point of view though, my old constituency had such a lovely sounding name - think "Upper Fluffington and the Pontipines". I'm now in like "Grimesville Sector 13" 😫🤣
We have. My old one was a safe Tory seat but since the change it is suggested that it could change to Labour. Our new one is a safe Tory seat and looks like remaining blue. Gutted.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I suppose not far right but they are right. I was taught a fair few years ago that Conservatives are right and anything a bit more is far right but I think that misses the nuances of the parties.

Reactions: 2
Three more weeks of this dross 😫. Labour’s policy from the start has been to play it safe and not to do anything to scare the horses. I just hope that, once in power, they stop being so cautious. Farage is doing a good job in destroying the Tory vote, not as good as Sunak though. Hopefully Reform will hoover up plenty of votes from Sunak but not win any seats leaving the LibDems as the main opposition party.

Reactions: 8
I know this is behind a paywall, but surely it has to be made up? As if a fourteen year old could articulate themselves like that. If he’s real he sounds like a right snooty little twit.

I'd love to read that, bloody paywall...

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.