UK General Election 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Labour have so much as not even mentioned people with disbailities and illnesses in their manifesto from what I can see.

I do fear we are just in for the Tories in another colour if Labour get in.

Nobody gives two shits about anyone vulnerable. Well, maybe the Greens. They at least mention us.

Reactions: 2
Fairly certain that it’s not so long ago we were all saying this about Johnson.

Even if Reform don’t get enough seats to be a force, I could see him crossing the floor and leading the Tory revolt that way
More likely is he loses, again, and then gets given a peerage by Rishi in his resignation honours.

• Sick
Labour have so much as not even mentioned people with disbailities and illnesses in their manifesto from what I can see.

Nobody gives two shits about anyone vulnerable. Well, maybe the Greens. They at least mention us.
They can’t cover everything in an election manifesto. I would be surprised if they treat the vulnerable as poorly as the Tory government. Until they start to get the country back on its feet we are all going to continue to suffer.

Reactions: 7

What is it you’d like them to have said/what have the greens said they would do?

Reactions: 1

I thought this too but I suppose it is part of the bigger NHS picture? The manifesto does mention additional mental health resources.

To be fair the Lib Dems have. It's an area that Ed Davey feels really passionate about. The Greens have as well.

Reform on the other hand want to abolish the Equality Act and the Tories want to stop benefits for the disabled to fund tax cuts for the better off.

Reactions: 4
The Greens and Lib Dems know they’ll never be in a position to implement their manifestos so can exercise less caution

Reactions: 5
I was in Crete when the result of the referendum was announced. There were hardly any English tourists in our resort so we were targeted as soon ad people heard us speak. We were constantly asked “what have you done?” All we could say was that we didn’t vote for it but it was clear that the result was not expected.
Same here, well I was in Yellowstone National Park. The Americans couldn't give a tit but there were some Dutch tourists we spoke to who couldn't believe it. Actually I had predicted a double of Brexit and Trump winning that year but sadly I didn't get a bet on.

Theres another 90 minute one on ITV tonight. I'll try again to catch it unless it's that woman moderating who did the last ITV one. She was dire/couldn't control a bucket of water.

I'm a poltical nerd but I'm not sure even I can cope with another one

• Haha
Reactions: 8

They won't be as bad as the Tories, who love demonising vulnerable people. It might be a low aim, but the first step has to be getting the Tories out.

Personally, I liked seeing Stephen Flynn taking Labour to task in last Friday's debate over Brexit and other issues. Labour majorly need to step up and yes, I agree, people with disabilities is an important issue that Labour should have addressed in their manifesto.
---
I was in Crete when the result of the referendum was announced. There were hardly any English tourists in our resort so we were targeted as soon ad people heard us speak. We were constantly asked “what have you done?” All we could say was that we didn’t vote for it but it was clear that the result was not expected.
I happened to be in Lille on the day we left the EU, very glad to be out of the country and not to see idiots celebrating it in Trafalgar Square. Every local I spoke to thought that people were crazy to have voted Remain. A few of them bought me commiseratory drinks which was nice.
---

I don't know, it'll be another chance to see how batshit insane Penny Mourdant is.

Last edited:

It's easy to say you'll watch them (thats what I do) but actually watching them is another matter I'll admit.
Thus far I've only caught the 1hr ITV one but if I miss this one also there's bound to be a couple more yet I reckon.
If Question Times on tonight then it's double trouble/rhetoric overload and I'll feel I've fulfilled my civic duty.

It's easy to say you'll watch them (thats what I do) but actually watching them is another matter I'll admit.
Thus far I've only caught the 1hr ITV one but if I miss this one also there's bound to be a couple more yet I reckon.
If Question Times on tonight then it's double trouble/rhetoric overload and I'll feel I've fulfilled my civic duty.
They've moved question time to 8pm which sightly clashes with the ITV debate which seems odd. I'm feeling all electioned out already.

I'm struggling to keep up with up all the podcasts!!!!

I'm not watching any of the debates. There is absolutely nothing Rishi can say at this stage that will make me vote for him. I've had 5 years of an absolute tit show to help me form my opinion.

Reactions: 13
He's not on the one tonight. I have no interest in any that he's taking part in. I'd be happy to just skip a few weeks to July 4 and vote the bastard and his shower out.

Reactions: 8
When Rishi inevitably fucks off to California who will head up the Cons do you think? I heard Suella Braverman on Twitter but some people I spoke with today said they think it will Penny Mourdant.

When Rishi inevitably fucks off to California who will head up the Cons do you think? I heard Suella Braverman on Twitter but some people I spoke with today said they think it will Penny Mourdant.
I would have said her until last week's debate, she was dreadful.

I think she's on tonight again, maybe she can redeem herself (at least get a better hairdresser).
---
Also :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1718302072609.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.