UK General Election 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He is the face of Brexit - it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for him. He's the reason why the Tories chose to go even further right wing, or rather show their true colours.

Consequently he has more power than people think. Ultimately though, he gets off on stirring tit up and prefers that role as opposed to an actual position of power.
Absolutely. He is a Grade 1 tit strirrer. It's what he does best and unfortunately it does seem to have an impact regardless of the fact he's not an elected anything.

Reactions: 4
Russia is obviously funding him IMO
His accounts on Companies House make for interesting reading. One of his companies received £670K in 22/23 - no idea where from! Reform UK (who are a registered business) made losses according the last set of accounts they filed.

Reactions: 2
I got a Reform flyer through my door yesterday. It was for the candidate in the neighbouring Constituancy 🙄, and I'm not even on the border! If they can't even deliver the correct flyers in the right area then how would they ever run a government!!
I saw a tik tok of a fella running for reform and someone asked why and he said coz he’d been in the airport the week before and he’d seen too many immigrants and the reporter is like “in the airport?” And he said “yeah” and then the reporter said “but don’t you think they’re probably tourists” and the guy just said “some of them yeah but not all of them” 😩🤣🤣🤣💀

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I saw a tik tok of a fella running for reform and someone asked why and he said coz he’d been in the airport the week before and he’d seen too many immigrants and the reporter is like “in the airport?” And he said “yeah” and then the reporter said “but don’t you think they’re probably tourists” and the guy just said “some of them yeah but not all of them” 😩🤣🤣🤣💀
What an utter knob. They never fail to surprise me with the crap they come out with.

My experience at airports over the past year makes me even less likely to vote for anyone that even considered that Brexit was a "good idea."

My experience at airports over the past year makes me even less likely to vote for anyone that even considered that Brexit was a "good idea."
And the people who moan about airports etc. are the ones who voted for it in the first place while the rest of us who didn't vote for it have to get on with it.

And the people who moan about airports etc. are the ones who voted for it in the first place while the rest of us who didn't vote for it have to get on with it.
Yes, but it’s all just because the Europeans want to be mean/punish us in their eyes! I’m surprised someone hasn’t asked why we can’t vote for EU parliament anymore! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Every time I stand in a passport queue I wish that they had a fast track for those of us that voted remain, or at least someone would buy me a T shirt that I could wear saying don’t blame me I didn’t vote for this.

My husband then just points out no one voted for it, to which I reply bet they would if it was written on the side of a bus. We are great fun to travel with.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes, but it’s all just because the Europeans want to be mean/punish us in their eyes! I’m surprised someone hasn’t asked why we can’t vote for EU parliament anymore! 🤣
I'm surprised as well to be fair!
---
Every time I stand in a passport queue I wish that they had a fast track for those of us that voted remain, or at least someone would buy me a T shirt that I could wear saying don’t blame me I didn’t vote for this.

My husband then just points out no one voted for it, to which I reply bet they would if it was written on the side of a bus. We are great fun to travel with.
I was too young to vote at the time but my dad voted for Brexit and I have to give him daggers anytime I've been on holiday with him after we left like 'You voted for this, you pay the price'

Reactions: 5
I was listening to LBC yesterday and Shelagh Fogerty was discussing conviction politicians like Margaret Thatcher and Tony Blair and i think this is Nigel Farage's appeal. He was on LBC today with Nick Ferrari and I think his biggest asset is that he talks with passion and conviction, something very lacking in both Starmer and Sunak.
So did Hitler and Mussolini!
---
His accounts on Companies House make for interesting reading. One of his companies received £670K in 22/23 - no idea where from! Reform UK (who are a registered business) made losses according the last set of accounts they filed.
Isn’t there a character called “Posh George” who keeps his coffers full?
---
Farage talking on the Nick Ferrari show this morning and talking about the fascists that are representing Reform said he can’t do anything about them as their names are already in the electoral lists. Yes he can, he can expel them from the party.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Theres another 90 minute one on ITV tonight. I'll try again to catch it unless it's that woman moderating who did the last ITV one. She was dire/couldn't control a bucket of water.

• Haha
I doubt it, it's a very small building. The pharmacy fits about 3 people before you have to stand chest to chest. (I pass it every day)

ETA, no they didn't live there:
Poor man grew up in Shirley. I have the upmost sympathy for him. It’s a tit hole there. Well so is most of Southampton.

God, I wish!!

I found myself getting very petty the other day. I have just got back from holiday. Malaga airport it was EU residents this way, UK and everyone else over here to this massive queue. On the way back at Stanstead it was UK and EU this way and rest of the world over there ... I did find myself thinking EU can duck off to the big queue :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

For the record, I never had a bit of bother on the Costa Del Sol. They seemed to still want us there.

I was in Crete when the result of the referendum was announced. There were hardly any English tourists in our resort so we were targeted as soon ad people heard us speak. We were constantly asked “what have you done?” All we could say was that we didn’t vote for it but it was clear that the result was not expected.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.