UEFA EURO 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eeeeek. Today's the day! We are lucky enough to have tickets for Wembley tonight. My children have no idea. I'm going to drive a bit closer to Wembley and then get the train because if there is extra time/penalties we'll miss the last train home. I've printed screenshots of the ticket page from the UEFA app and plan to just hand them to the children with a train ticket. I'm taking my dad too.

Still not sure this is a good idea. If Gormless Gareth and his gang screw this up it'll be awful. Then I keep thinking if it is another 55 years before they make a final again at least my children can say yeah I was at Wembley in 2021....and if by some chance they do win there is no place to be but Wembley tonight.

Gawd. I keep thinking of Danny Baker's comment - "Football. bleeping football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive bastards." (The final day of the season when Man City scored twice in stoppage time to take the title from scum on goal difference, still makes me laugh now) and both cursing my dad for brainwashing me with his football shenanigans and being grateful he did because it's a wild ride.

My son is fit to burst with excitement. Little bit concerned he will combust when he finds out he is going to the game. Pray for me. His disappointment if they mess this up will be awful. We're Leeds fans so until recently he has had a lifetime of disappointment, it's not his first rodeo but I think this is bigger because everyone at school is rooting for the same team whereas he is usually the only Leeds fan.

13 hours, 34 minutes, 26 seconds to go.

Longest day of my life.
Hope you, the mini jellies and your dad have the best time

Reactions: 1
Is anyone else thrashing their house today so it's nice and sparkly for the match?
Even I don't get my logic here. It's not like Gareth's going to pop round after the match and eye roll at the dust. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Still sick with the rona so gonna need a power nap before the match tonight but I'm too nervous to sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My husband has just been to collect an item he bought off eBay. As he was leaving he asked the guy "Is it coming home?"

The guy said "I hope not, football only encourages violence".

😑

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
Been up since 6am absolutely buzzing. These scenes in London are absolutely bouncing already. Let's go boyssssss.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Is anyone else thrashing their house today so it's nice and sparkly for the match?
Even I don't get my logic here. It's not like Gareth's going to pop round after the match and eye roll at the dust. 😂
Yes!! Only way to distract myself 😂

Reactions: 2
I might even delve to the darkest corner of my wardrobe to dig out my England shirt. Its the one with the cross on the shoulder, a personal favourite kit-wise.

• Heart
Glad I weren’t the only one that thought this! 😂
That's one thing I've never got about football. The second a manager loses something big, they get sacked. From the sidelines they can only direct. But there's 11 - or more - other people who actually have a direct impact on the result of the match who don't get sacked if they lose?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.