Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fifah1907

VIP Member
SOUTHGATE YOU’RE THE OOOOOONE. YOU STILL TURN ME OOOOOOOOON. FOOTBALL’S COMING HOME AGAAAAAAAIN

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

WilmaHun

VIP Member
And also, we are allowed to enjoy the footie AND drool over the hot players 😂
My football knowledge is very limited but what I do know is that I'd pay good money to be laid where Harry Kane is with Jordan Henderson straddled over me like that

1625756957854.png

• Haha
Reactions: 20

xoxo GG

VIP Member
My only hope is that every person who watched those horrific scenes live, makes the decision to learn basic life support skills. Bad CPR literally is better than no CPR at all. I’ve seen bystander CPR be the reason someone survives an out of hospital arrest. The images of Simon Kjaer checking his airway and commencing CPR will stay with me for a very long time.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Eeeeek. Today's the day! We are lucky enough to have tickets for Wembley tonight. My children have no idea. I'm going to drive a bit closer to Wembley and then get the train because if there is extra time/penalties we'll miss the last train home. I've printed screenshots of the ticket page from the UEFA app and plan to just hand them to the children with a train ticket. I'm taking my dad too.

Still not sure this is a good idea. If Gormless Gareth and his gang screw this up it'll be awful. Then I keep thinking if it is another 55 years before they make a final again at least my children can say yeah I was at Wembley in 2021....and if by some chance they do win there is no place to be but Wembley tonight.

Gawd. I keep thinking of Danny Baker's comment - "Football. Fucking football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive bastards." (The final day of the season when Man City scored twice in stoppage time to take the title from scum on goal difference, still makes me laugh now) and both cursing my dad for brainwashing me with his football shenanigans and being grateful he did because it's a wild ride.

My son is fit to burst with excitement. Little bit concerned he will combust when he finds out he is going to the game. Pray for me. His disappointment if they mess this up will be awful. We're Leeds fans so until recently he has had a lifetime of disappointment, it's not his first rodeo but I think this is bigger because everyone at school is rooting for the same team whereas he is usually the only Leeds fan.

13 hours, 34 minutes, 26 seconds to go.

Longest day of my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Granted some of those comments were vile but isn’t she up something like £24,000? That’s just bonkers, surely she won’t of seen them.
Well if if all goes wrong on Wednesday I'll thump my kids and make them cry in the crowd so I can retire out on their tears.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
My son is at peak excitement over Sunday. He has no idea he will be at the game and it is such a hard secret to keep. But if i told him now the next 48 hours would see him combust I think. At 10pm last night, when he should have be long since asleep, he was telling me our Kalvin made 28 pressures in the mid 3rd of the pitch against Denmark compared to "only 9" from Rice and that Kalv made 37 pressures overall and the next best player "only had 17" and so we had to discuss for an hour about Kalvin being a machine.

Great. But I can't keep this up until Sunday at 8pm.

Send help.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

HollaBallers

Honestly we need to be applauding the Ref - Anthony Taylor - and the team for getting med support to him so quickly and shielding Eriksen from the cameras.

Poor Kasper Schmeichel - one of the first on the scene to the 'copter crash and now this, I hope the players are all ok xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 17

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
We were there and I will jolly well boo Denmark if I want to. It is a football game not a garden party, and as Leeds fan if a little bit of booing is the worst we do then we're doing alright. If you are the opposition on the football pitch, it is war, I don't care who you are - scum, Wycombe Wanderers, Denmark or Yeovil Town for 90 minutes (or 120!) you are the enemy. I posted this elsewhere.....

Wow. What a freaking night. We're Leeds fans and until the last couple of years have had 16 years of misery and pain and heartbreak with a side dose of England screwing up on the side. Now last year Leeds get promoted and I am always club over country, so that was amazing. But of course covid meant no fans so we never got to celebrate. Being in Wembley last night is probably my favourite sporting moment ever. When Denmark went 1-0 up I had that awful "ugh, why I have brought the kids, this is going to be so typical...." moment and Middle Jelly looked like he was going to give himself a coronary and keel over. Then of course I had my dad with me and he was all "this is England, this is what we do" but my sweet little 8 year old who is the least interested in football says "Grandpa, it is not over yet" Of course there is an equaliser and it was absolute carnage, the tribalism and unity that football brings when 60k people are all on the same side is something you cannot replicate. Like Danny Baker once said "Football. Fucking football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half alive bastards" As the clock crept down towards full time and there is still no winning goal I was entirely convinced we are losing this on penalties and that Schmeichal will be the hero of the day. But there was that little bit more drama to come, I think it was a very soft penalty to give and if the ref hadn't given it there is no way VAR would have overruled and made it a penalty. But oh well! That collective intake of breath when Kane went to kick the ball, you could hear a pin drop, then the groan when Schmeichal saved it and then absolute pandemonium when Kane got to the rebound. Total chaos. Middle Jelly ended up 6 rows away from us and I have no idea how but I am so glad we were there. I am so glad my Dad and children got to experience that. It was brilliant. Just brilliant. We stayed in the ground for ages after while the players celebrated and you can tell just how much it meant to them all, like really meant to them. For this to be happening at 'home' where they can play in front of a packed stadium is just special. What a night. What utter joy. I have never seen so many grown men crying!

We have tickets for Sunday too. This is all perks of my husband's job. Poor sod is stuck overseas while we are having a fabulous time off of his back.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Lukaku, Eriksen's teammate at Inter Milan, has just scored for Belgium against Russia. He ran straight up to the camera and screamed "Chris I love you".

• Heart
Reactions: 16

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
My only hope is that every person who watched those horrific scenes live, makes the decision to learn basic life support skills. Bad CPR literally is better than no CPR at all. I’ve seen bystander CPR be the reason someone survives an out of hospital arrest. The images of Simon Kjaer checking his airway and commencing CPR will stay with me for a very long time.
I had 27 minutes of CPR in 2018 - I was already in hospital, thank God. Had I been at home there was no way my husband would have known what to do. Since then we have all learned. I actually gave everyone in my family first aid classes for Christmas that year so they could learn too.

• Heart
Reactions: 14