UEFA EURO 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eeeeek. Today's the day! We are lucky enough to have tickets for Wembley tonight. My children have no idea. I'm going to drive a bit closer to Wembley and then get the train because if there is extra time/penalties we'll miss the last train home. I've printed screenshots of the ticket page from the UEFA app and plan to just hand them to the children with a train ticket. I'm taking my dad too.

Still not sure this is a good idea. If Gormless Gareth and his gang screw this up it'll be awful. Then I keep thinking if it is another 55 years before they make a final again at least my children can say yeah I was at Wembley in 2021....and if by some chance they do win there is no place to be but Wembley tonight.

Gawd. I keep thinking of Danny Baker's comment - "Football. bleeping football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive bastards." (The final day of the season when Man City scored twice in stoppage time to take the title from scum on goal difference, still makes me laugh now) and both cursing my dad for brainwashing me with his football shenanigans and being grateful he did because it's a wild ride.

My son is fit to burst with excitement. Little bit concerned he will combust when he finds out he is going to the game. Pray for me. His disappointment if they mess this up will be awful. We're Leeds fans so until recently he has had a lifetime of disappointment, it's not his first rodeo but I think this is bigger because everyone at school is rooting for the same team whereas he is usually the only Leeds fan.

13 hours, 34 minutes, 26 seconds to go.

Longest day of my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
@ordinaryjelly you are going to have a rollercoaster of a day. You can appreciate the fact that getting to a final is a huge deal but then if they lose, I feel for you with the kids. I do think they may combust 😂

have an incredible day!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My friends family own an Italian restaurant and they're getting it boarded up today. Either way I worry that Italian hospitality places will be targeted at a time that many are already struggling. Has anyone seen their local Carluccio's or Bella pasta borded up?

• Heart
  • Sick
Well today’s the day 😬 what a bonkers kick off time though, talk about torture! Enjoy to those who are going and sing your hearts out for the lads.

COME ON ENGLAND!

I’m glad I have a busy day today, I’m hoping the time passes quickly! 8pm on a Sunday is a crazy time. I wonder how many people are calling in sick to work tomorrow? 😂

Reactions: 1
I’ve read tonight that pundits and papers abroad seem to think UEFA have it fixed for England to win as a favour for Boris playing a big part in bringing down the Super League apparently 🙄

The worst one was how they think it’s an outrage Wembley has even been allowed to host the final due to Brexit…. ffs I can’t cope 🤣🤣🤣
I saw someone on my Facebook say that it’s a fix because we had most of the games at Wembley. I don’t think the person understood being the host country 😂😂

I’m glad I have a busy day today, I’m hoping the time passes quickly! 8pm on a Sunday is a crazy time. I wonder how many people are calling in sick to work tomorrow? 😂
I need to be in the gym for 6tomorrow morning 😭😭😭

@Fifah1907 oh no 😆 see I’m ok because I barely sleep and I don’t drink so I’m used to functioning like that. Not sure I can be bothered to go to the gym at that time though!

@Fifah1907 oh no 😆 see I’m ok because I barely sleep and I don’t drink so I’m used to functioning like that. Not sure I can be bothered to go to the gym at that time though!
I’m actually really decent at getting up at 5 normally, but I know if England win & I’m giddy then I won’t be able to sleep 😂 it drives my partner nuts that I choose to be in the gym at 6 and I can do it without any major issues when he has to be in then for work and HATES it 😂 the wrong person in our house has the job that starts crazy early 🙄 already trying to figure out if I can fit a nap into my work day tomorrow 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Today is the day!!

I'm so excited and quietly confident. Don't think I'm willing to think about anything but an England win

My prediction is 1-0
My husband thinks 4-3

Why is it not 8pm already?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Today is the day!!

I'm so excited and quietly confident. Don't think I'm willing to think about anything but an England win

My prediction is 1-0
My husband thinks 4-3

Why is it not 8pm already?
Who the hell thought 8pm was a good KO time on a Sunday?!

I’m actually really decent at getting up at 5 normally, but I know if England win & I’m giddy then I won’t be able to sleep 😂 it drives my partner nuts that I choose to be in the gym at 6 and I can do it without any major issues when he has to be in then for work and HATES it 😂 the wrong person in our house has the job that starts crazy early 🙄 already trying to figure out if I can fit a nap into my work day tomorrow 🤔
a nap sounds like a good idea 😂 I know what you mean about feeling giddy after the game, takes a while to calm the duck down 😆 I’ll probably play sudoku and play chill out music but still be buzzing for ages!

Sunday night football is the norm on the continent, 8pm Sunday is customary for them. I kind of prefer it.

I feel like a 3pm or 5pm kick off would be a bit meh. Everyone has all day to get on the beer and there is just something magical about football under floodlights.

Sunday night football is the norm on the continent, 8pm Sunday is customary for them. I kind of prefer it.

I feel like a 3pm or 5pm kick off would be a bit meh. Everyone has all day to get on the beer and there is just something magical about football under floodlights.
I don’t mind the 8pm kick off on a Saturday. Just not a Sunday 😂

Got a pit of nerves in my stomach this morning. Counting down the seconds till kick off😭😭

Eeeeek. Today's the day! We are lucky enough to have tickets for Wembley tonight. My children have no idea. I'm going to drive a bit closer to Wembley and then get the train because if there is extra time/penalties we'll miss the last train home. I've printed screenshots of the ticket page from the UEFA app and plan to just hand them to the children with a train ticket. I'm taking my dad too.

Still not sure this is a good idea. If Gormless Gareth and his gang screw this up it'll be awful. Then I keep thinking if it is another 55 years before they make a final again at least my children can say yeah I was at Wembley in 2021....and if by some chance they do win there is no place to be but Wembley tonight.

Gawd. I keep thinking of Danny Baker's comment - "Football. bleeping football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive bastards." (The final day of the season when Man City scored twice in stoppage time to take the title from scum on goal difference, still makes me laugh now) and both cursing my dad for brainwashing me with his football shenanigans and being grateful he did because it's a wild ride.

My son is fit to burst with excitement. Little bit concerned he will combust when he finds out he is going to the game. Pray for me. His disappointment if they mess this up will be awful. We're Leeds fans so until recently he has had a lifetime of disappointment, it's not his first rodeo but I think this is bigger because everyone at school is rooting for the same team whereas he is usually the only Leeds fan.

13 hours, 34 minutes, 26 seconds to go.

Longest day of my life.
Wow, what an amazing daddy you are! Little bit jealous you all get to go I’ve got to admit, but to see their little faces when you tell them that will be something else I bet! Enjoy yourselves!!
I really hope they win!!!
My little boy is only 4 months old but he is wearing his England kit all day and is enjoying a day out with his dad before he goes out to watch the match, he’s got tickets to watch it in a sweaty, minging pub 😂 not quite the same effect as Wembley 😎

Pushing my toddler for a later nap so she can stay up and watch it. She absolutely loves football and I’d love for her to see the reactions if England actually win 😍🦁

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.