UEFA EURO 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw my team Birmingham City beat Arsenal for the league cup in 2011. No one thought they could do it but they did. Wow I can’t believe that was ten years ago now.

Anything is possible in a cup final. Impossible to predict for me.

Reactions: 6
Well, in just over thirty-six hours, either football will be coming home or the disappointment will.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
How old is he? Just wondered. My 37 year old son in law is football mad and got a call last week from a friend ask him
For his passport details. He say why? And his mate said because I have got 4 tickets for the euro final and one is for you ( presume the passport is for id)
Look out for him he’s 6ft 9! Only joking enjoy
oh, my son is much, much younger. He is 9.

I see Gormless Gareth has started with the fighting talk and got a lot of people whinging, g'wan Gareth. Stick it to 'em.

Two world wars, and one world cup......

"People have tried to invade us and we've had the courage to hold that back,"

I can't scroll back and find the comment about this thread being about good looking footballers and not football, football.

But I was just reading this article, some interesting stuff.

The common gene running through many of these players, of course, is one of the most influential coaches of all. Pochettino, Guardiola, Simeone and many others speak openly about the debt they owe to Bielsa and his ideas. While it is a stretch to describe Southgate’s England as a Bielsa team, the Argentinian’s school of coaching – bravery on the ball, quick and fluid passing, a tolerance of individual error, an emphasis on transitions and a ruthless approach to fitness – is evident not just in England but throughout much of the elite game, and specifically of course in Kalvin Phillips, the Leeds midfielder who has become the ticking heartbeat of Southgate’s side.

Leeds are Southgate's most watched team, I know he is a local boy and it was easy for him to just bob down to Elland Road but two birds one stone, Kalv and a Bielsa masterclass.

T minus 35 hours, 22 minutes and 9 seconds (my son has a countdown on)

Last edited:
I think it’ll be 2-1 to Italy. I’m not english or British but I hope that the team don’t get slaughtered if they don’t win. They’ve been incredible to get this far so I hope people don’t slate them, they have immense pressure on them.

Reactions: 2
I think it’ll be 2-1 to Italy. I’m not english or British but I hope that the team don’t get slaughtered if they don’t win. They’ve been incredible to get this far so I hope people don’t slate them, they have immense pressure on them.
I don’t think they will to be honest there is so much love for the team on social media and people are just buzzing were even in the final. They weren’t slaughtered during the World Cup when we went out in the semis because again people were buzzing we had got so far!

Reactions: 3
Hoping we win but reservedly thinking we won't - Italy are a very strong team! Arguably though, we've only been to ET once or twice (?) and Italy have gone through to penalties to win their matches... so I guess that makes us better? Idk. I prefer rugby really.

I am getting a little annoyed as an NHS worker at all the people boasting on social media that they're allowed Monday morning off or to come in late. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
Hoping we win but reservedly thinking we won't - Italy are a very strong team! Arguably though, we've only been to ET once or twice (?) and Italy have gone through to penalties to win their matches... so I guess that makes us better?
At the same time, the consensus elsewhere seems to be that Italy has had to play better teams than England did 🤷‍♀️

Hoping we win but reservedly thinking we won't - Italy are a very strong team! Arguably though, we've only been to ET once or twice (?) and Italy have gone through to penalties to win their matches... so I guess that makes us better? Idk. I prefer rugby really.

I am getting a little annoyed as an NHS worker at all the people boasting on social media that they're allowed Monday morning off or to come in late. :rolleyes:
Italy also only won 1-0 against Wales even though Wales had a player sent off in the second half.

I've been saying we were lose every match since we got out of group stages so what do I know 😂

• Haha
Good on Tesco giving their staff the match off. Not like many people will be going shopping during the game, although I’m sure there will be some one complaining.
29417FBD-2173-4107-A497-E4A9A06397CC.png

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Good on Tesco giving their staff the match off. Not like many people will be going shopping during the game, although I’m sure there will be some one complaining.
View attachment 656287
We get our milk from a milk man and they’ve changed their drop off from Monday morning to tomorrow so their workers can drink while watching the match. Also the primary school I’m volunteering in has said children can come in as late as 10:00am on Monday.

Reactions: 5
I’ll be astonished if England win. Thats just me being honest and objective. Of course upsets happen, but not often. The most obvious example being Liverpool’s 2005 Champions League victory, but that really was an absolute fluke.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.