Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mindlessness

VIP Member
I'm not English but lordy I've got a soft spot for this team and Southgate. Their youtube has been great for BTS stuff all Euros and genuinely the rapport and attitude at St Georges Park seems really excellent. There's not much hope Australia will get far in Qatar next year so I shall be hoping for the very best for the England team and you all next year!
♥

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
Absolutely gutted. Those subs on for pens didn’t work at all lesson learnt Southgate. Thanks to the lads for uplifting our spirits the last few weeks. That second half I didn’t feel like we was at the races at all, but it was a hell of a ride. World Cup next year, we go again. Leaving the noisy Italians to it, night gang!

LunaLovegood

The England team have done so well
Throughout this tournament and they have so many things to be proud of like calling out racism and feeding poor children. I really felt for the guys who missed the penalties, they must be so upset. It’s just such a shame that the violence and disgusting behaviour of the minority will be remembered over all of the great football we’ve played and the way it’s brought out country together and given us excitement and hope after a shite year.
Really hope everyone in London stays safe tonight, I’m a bit worried to see what we’ll wake up to in the news tomorrow because of these utter idiots.

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Must be so frustrating for Sterling and Grealish being dragged in the media for not taking a penalty despite it not being their choice. Glad Gareth is reiterating it was his decision.

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
Mr B remarked earlier that London would burn regardless of the result. Really hope he's wrong 😔

May everyone get home safely from tonight's match.
I'm old enough to remember the Thetford riots against Portuguese businesses when we lost Euro 2004 - I sadly wouldn't be surprised if there are a bunch of Italian restaurants with smashed windows at a minimum.

They should have finals like these earlier on in the day so there is less time for pre-match drinking.

• Sad

Skyeball

Chatty Member
Yup, as much as we all love football, it is just a game. It's not worth hurting someone / getting hurt by someone over it.
Couldn't agree more.
Anyone who hurts someone or destroys something after a match is not a fan.
That is not football. Football is tactical, stamina and speed for 90 minutes of rollercoaster emotions.
That's why we love it and why it is our national past time.
Using a game to act like a thug isn't it. My dad is in his late 60s and been football obsessed as soon as he could talk. Not once has he fought someone or damaged anything.
He's taken his kids and grandkids to matches and passed on his passion as his dad did for him.
That's what being a football fan is. ⚽❤

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
No offence to either side but the best thing about this has probably been the snacks and snacks chat. 😐

• Haha

jarv

VIP Member
If grealish scores and wins this for us I'll name my first kid Jack middle name Gareth

• Haha
It makes me so angry that these 3 young men at the start of their career are now being subject to racial abuse and will have their confidence is tatters because the manager chucked them to the lions. He didn’t trust 2 of them with game time but trusted them to take a penalty, where’s the logic?
The racial abuse is the fault of the racist scum not the team manager!

Absolutely everyone should be able to go about their business without giving a second thought to what the brainless racists will say or do.

Reactions: 10

Yel

Chatty Member
People are using slavery as a joke on Twitter... Wow. I'm done for the night. Scumbags.
I think it's best not even acknowledging the nut jobs on twitter that are wanting to get a reaction and represent a tiny minority of people.

Reactions: 10