Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Nasty and blatant shirt tug from the Italian player on Saka there at the end of the 90 mins. Don’t wanna hear anyone say The england team are cheaters after this when the fact is all teams are at it.

Reactions: 12

jarv

VIP Member
Do that to saka again and you'll have me to answer to 😤 should have been a red

• Haha
  • Heart

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I find it really depressing the players and managers display some really heartwarming sportsmanship, like shaking hands and hugging before penalties as one example, and some fans go and behave the way they do. Disgusting.
To be honest with you, football claims it's a respectful sport, but it really isn't all that respectful. The cheating, diving, biting, crowding of the referee and shouting at him, the list goes on.

I can point to a myriad of incidents on the pitch which show there's little respect in football. That's why it's laughable that people say it's disrespectful to boo an anthem, yet turn a blind eye to the crap that goes on during matches.

Racism incidents on field, Suarez biting incidents, PSG players throwing a wobbly in the CL and getting sent off, Diego Costa spitting at another player, an Italian player disrespecting Zidanes mother, then Zidane lashing out with a headbutt. Ronaldo winking at Rooney when he got sent off etc. Some of the worse goes on in Latin America too. Watch those matches and you'll be surprised.

• Heart

Clairer86

VIP Member
Poor Saka.
As a liverpool season ticket holder who hates Everton- Pickford did England proud tonight, and has answered the critics who questioned him. He made some great saves.

Why didnt Sterling take a pen or Grealish? Does Southgate pick or the players? As for Rashford, why do they do those stupid run ups.

Fifah1907

VIP Member
My other half (god love him) raided the Lidl bakery on his way back home from work earlier without telling me. He just produced this array of snacks at HT. I’ve never loved him more.

• Heart

HelloStereo

VIP Member
As an Italian it’s so heartwarming to see that quite a few of you (I guess English!) are glad my country won💛💛💛 thank you
I mean I'd have rather England won but fair enough on the result in the end. It went right down to the wire. I hope you enjoyed your evening and the game :). Well done!

Charlotte1993

VIP Member
Racist people are generally pea brained and you can’t fix stupid so it’s no wonder they act like demented idiots with no logic they’re mentally challenged. Who in their right mind would blame these young lads for missing a penalty they wouldn’t have the guts or the talent to even try it’s so annoying 😡😡

• Heart

Charlotte1993

VIP Member
This is a young team they’ve gained confidence and experience at a high level and gone all the way they’ve done us all proud. It’s only up from here they need to take the positives and work on the negatives and hold their heads high ❤

• Heart

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
I'm old enough to remember the Thetford riots against Portuguese businesses when we lost Euro 2004 - I sadly wouldn't be surprised if there are a bunch of Italian restaurants with smashed windows at a minimum.

They should have finals like these earlier on in the day so there is less time for pre-match drinking.
I completely agree. There's a reason why Scottish Cup Finals were moved to lunchtime kick offs. Evening matches are just asking for trouble.

xoxo GG

VIP Member
If Grealish helps get us a winner I’m writing him a love letter. And I’ve only been married two weeks.

• Haha

Morty

I saw some English fans spit and stomp on the Italian flag hours before the game. Can't imagine what's going on now and what's about to transpire. :(

• Sad
  • Angry

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
This is why I deleted my Twitter account. Absolute cesspit where a small minority of vile people seem to have the loudest voices.

Let’s not pretend this kind of behaviour is exclusive to England fans either. Hooliganism is a problem all over Europe too. I shared an article on here the other day about Italian football fans stabbing opposition fans in the arse a few years back ffs! To say a team doesn’t deserve to win because of a few fans is silly. Most of the millions of people watching tonight either at the game, at the pub and at home do not and would never act like that.

• Heart

Tea_Time_12

I don't follow England so I don't know their history of goalkeepers. From what I saw today I think Pickford is the best they've ever had. That wasn't a quick glance over some list given to him right before the penalty shootout started. He clearly put in the work to study the Italy players in case of penalties.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
19 of us made a new thread 😂😂😂 well 3.....

so let’s predict 3-0
im Irish, I think I’m breaking a law typing this

• Haha
Reactions: 11

LolitaBlah

VIP Member
I've just seen a video of italians supporters being beaten up while exiting the stadium.
Disgusting!!!!!!!!!! WTF is wrong with these animals!

• Angry
  • Wow

Lalla

VIP Member
Watched the match with my eldest and his friends last night. They're all a couple of years older than Saka and were unanimous that he shouldn't have taken that penalty - regardless of whether he wanted to, had taken good penalties in training or whatever, Southgate as the manager should have stepped in. It's too much pressure for a 19 year old (to put it into perspective, when Southgate missed at Euro 96 he was 25 - and that miss haunted him for practically the rest of his playing career. And he took that after the previous 5 England players had scored). Making Saka, at his age and not having had the best game, take a shot when the 2 previous players had both missed was a huge mistake. If we'd been 4-3 up, or even 3-3 it might've been different.

Problem is penalties is just a lottery. We allowed ourselves to end up in that position by not playing well, not playing as a team (as we had in previous matches). Italy won their semi on penalties, it was no surprise when they got the equaliser they were happy to let it go to extra time and penalties. We should've done more when we were 1 goal up; the sitting back and defending is so old school, I'm surprised at Southgate.

Part of me thinks did they not expect such an early goal, and the pressure of winning the Euros (which they were for the first 70 mins) got to them?

That said, it was a brilliant display in the tournament overall, the best I feel we've played since 1996 (which was the last tournament I felt we ever had any chance of winning). I really hope that Saka, Rashford and Sancho can put this all behind them and that the World Cup in 2022 we can do as well, if not better.