Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jawidjanqndn

VIP Member
Omg

absolutely disgusting behaviour
I think I’ve been put off watching the rest of this game now, I think there will be a lot of this happening at the end of the match too
this makes me sad for all the victims of domestic abuse tonight. why do people have to ruin the good atmosphere 😫

• Sad
Reactions: 10

bellinibobble

VIP Member
After all Marcus Rashford has done in the past 18 months.. he of all people deserves a win 🙏🏻 Jesus if you’re listening..?

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Columbo

VIP Member
I have so much respect for Marcus Rashford so I’m gutted for him but delighted for Italy. The commentary here in Ireland is saying it was unfair to put Rashford on for the last 2 mins and then expect him to take a penalty. Alan Shearer was saying the same. Gonna have a pizza to celebrate 🇮🇹🤣

• Haha

hannah123

VIP Member
The England team have made it quite clear that they don't want or need the racist fans.

I said earlier that I stand behind Southgate and I still do but I really have to question allowing Saka to take that penalty. Like it has been said, saka is an adult and if he volunteered to do it then he did. But ultimately Southgate is there to lead and I would have thought he'd have some insight into how grueling penalties can be especially when they don't go your way. Just very questionable decision making at a crucial moment.
Even if he wanted to take a penalty and was allowed he should never have been the final penalty. You have 2 of your most experienced players who are both captains of the clubs and they go first and second? What’s Kane playing at allowing that and not offering to go last as the captain?

WhatwouldPrinnyDo

Chatty Member
Southgate lost us the final, our tactics were too defensive, Kane was nowhere, hardly contributed and definitely didn’t have Captain vibes, didn’t even see him trying to motivate the team.
we sat back after our goal and tried to defend for 90 mins, Italy outplayed us. I don’t like Italy’s dirty tactics, but at the end of the day they got away with it and showed us what it takes to win.
Grealish came on too late, The last minute subs were embarrassing, the pens from them were amateur. I can’t believe they practiced penalties in training and allowed Rashford to actually have that stupid tappy skippy run up as his actual penalty style. Wtf. Amateur.
Love all the lads though, they did so well to get to the final.
Roll on the World Cup!

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
I don't normally follow football but what was that Rashford penalty all about? He didn't even kick it in the direction of the goal in the end, I could have kicked it better than that and I have as much talent in sports as a one legged duck

• Haha

CBellanna

Don’t hate me but I am a bit disappointed in Gareth Southgate’s management during the final to be honest. Bringing players on in the dying seconds just to take a penalty without even giving them a chance to play and get a feel for the game and run off some nerves very rarely works out well. And funnily enough both Rashford and Sancho missed and don’t get me started on poor Saka. Southgate said he made the choice in regards to who take the penalties. The blame lies solely on his shoulders for that. It just wasn’t the game to be taking such silly risks and putting so much unnecessary pressure on players. They should have been brought on much earlier, they were stood waiting at the side lines for ages. Grealish should have been brought on earlier too, Henderson was a pointless sub to make, we just left everything too late and didn’t try to get the ball off of Italy at times.

That’s not to discredit all Southgate’s work during the tournament but I hope he works on his in game decision making before the World Cup because it was so frustrating to see such a shoddy performance at certain points in the game. At one point during the second half we had only 21% possession ffs it’s just ludicrous compared to what those players are capable of and what we have seen them do.

Hopefully we can do the same at the World Cup but this time win it instead❤🤍❤🤍
I have to agree with you, tonight's match was really deflating after how well we've been doing. Italy started off not so great but soon became better as the game went on, they actually had the ball and had a few close calls with goals and upped their game more as it went on. Even with Denmark I had a major headache and it was such a tense game, we started to panic but still fought hard and pushed through. I feel Southgate's management tonight wasn't great and a bit mismanaged, and he was swapping people last minute for the penalties some of which weren't the best choices or they hadn't had the chance to get in to the game and warm up in it. It's such a shame as we did so well and came so close. Saka had me in tears crying his eyes out and being consoled by his teammates. The Italian player saying "it's coming Rome" was only fair to say it on the camera after how the England fans have behaved and gone on. It's gutting we lost and seeing the footballers upset and in tears as it's their dream, but Italy fairly won and I hope they didn't get too much abuse tonight. The player who grabbed Saka's collar should have been red carded.

monga

VIP Member
And the Welsh fans I remember them lighting up the Eiffel Tower for them in 2016 even the french loved them. Having said that when they played England there was zero issues despite England having a bad rep that year it makes me wonder if others do wind them up to get a reaction etc.
I wouldn't blame all the English fans there's just scumbags that are out to start trouble regardless and that gives them all a bad name .

Blue Rose

VIP Member
Bloody amazing achievement for England. Southgate and the players are a credit to our country. I pray the Italian fans get home safe tonight because of a few individuals who have to spoil football!
It looks like a lot of England fans have already left. The crowd is looking quite sparse. I hope they’re not out causing havoc or waiting for when the Italians leave. Let’s hope nothing horrible happens.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I wonder if the majority of the Italian supporters watching are/were eating pizza.
bet all English fans would want to put pineapple on it right now as a fuck you.

sorry I’ll leave 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 8

malolo

VIP Member
I think it's pretty evident from a lot of comments and reactions (not only on here, and not singling anyone out) that a huge number of 'fans' only watch tournament football, and even then only when their team is playing so don't really appreciate the ins and outs of getting results and colouring as close to the lines as possible.

Some of the greatest players and teams in the world, not only in football, know how to push and play the rules to their advantage. It's part of sport.

Clairer86

VIP Member
The atmosphere seems so flat, the crowd need to come and be the 12th man now. As cliche as it seems, it works and we need it.

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Omg

absolutely disgusting behaviour
I think I’ve been put off watching the rest of this game now, I think there will be a lot of this happening at the end of the match too
This is why I hate this sport. It's disgusting the yobs that it attracts. I'm not aware this happens in other sports, willing to be told otherwise....

Yel

Chatty Member
Just spent a few minutes scrolling the tag that's trending for the players and the vast majority I saw was people saying how ashamed, embarrassed and annoyed they are at the racists. It's such a shame that the minority of voices are amplified. Those people are scum and just looking for an excuse to act on it (or people trying to smear).

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Buzzing for Italy. They dominated the second half and were by far the better team tonight, creating more chances and constantly pressing. Their goal was coming for a long time.

Roll on next month and the PL to start and people for back to hating each other again rather than an england love in 😃

• Heart