Two doors down

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See the actor that plays Ian. Was he the wee boy that was in the S1 jobs ad years ago? The one where they were at the ice cream van and asked how much things were then settled for 'a penny chew then mister'? πŸ˜…

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Michelle and Alan are alright but I must admit I do prefer the earlier episodes with Jaz and Sophie. I love the one where the car alarm is going off in the middle of the night and the one where Christine's ceiling collapses.
Yes I miss Sophie, did the actress want to leave ( loved her in my mad fat diary, )
Do like the dynamics between Michelle and Kathy, that slap in the face from Michelle's friend was a long time coming!!!
Does anyone know if there will be a new series?

Reactions: 2
Yes I miss Sophie, did the actress want to leave ( loved her in my mad fat diary, )
Do like the dynamics between Michelle and Kathy, that slap in the face from Michelle's friend was a long time coming!!!
Does anyone know if there will be a new series?
They have just finished filming the new series πŸ˜ƒ I'm not sure when its going to be broadcast but it is complete.

Edited to add it says on the TDD fan page that the new series will air early next year but no date confirmed yet πŸ™‚

Last edited:
They have just finished filming the new series πŸ˜ƒ I'm not sure when its going to be broadcast but it is complete.

Edited to add it says on the TDD fan page that the new series will air early next year but no date confirmed yet πŸ™‚
Any news if there is a Christmas special this year? I hadn't realised they had done one last year and only found it a few months ago

Any news if there is a Christmas special this year? I hadn't realised they had done one last year and only found it a few months ago
Yes there is. Elaine C Smith has confirmed that πŸ˜ƒ.
Apparently Michelle and Allan aren't in it for some reason.

Yes there is. Elaine C Smith has confirmed that πŸ˜ƒ.
Apparently Michelle and Allan aren't in it for some reason.
That's good to hear about the Christmas special, not a huge fan of Michelle and Allan so not too bothered by that bit of news πŸ˜„

• Haha
Reactions: 3
That's good to hear about the Christmas special, not a huge fan of Michelle and Allan so not too bothered by that bit of news πŸ˜„
Some of the new series was filmed in Hamilton and West Calder. πŸ™‚. Elaine posts videos on the TDD page fairly regular, that's where I get all my information πŸ˜…. I tried to put a link from the page on here but it didn't work πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

In the pilot Ian was played by Kevin Guthrie who is now in jail. He was in Sunshine on Leith as well.

They also mentioned another son that was in the army. He wasn't mentioned again after the pilot episode.
Oh gosh I didnt know this. I was rewatching on bbc iplayer the weekend and noticed the pilot episode had disappeared, guessing this is why?

Yeah I wonder why they didnt keep a second son in the series. Beth's sister was hilarious in that episode!

I can't wait for the new series! I was late to watching this as I watched the pilot episode and I wasn't impressed - I worked with Elaine C Smith a few times even after she was playing Christine and I'm ashmed to say I hadn't watched any of it until I caught the end of an episode from Series 3 one night and I was hooked. I'm watching the one at the moment when Chrstine's roof collapses.

"It isn't potpourri we need on the half landing, it's a bowl of pepermints and a selection of johnny bags! And yes I would like a fresh orange juice!"

"What insurance company are you with, Chrstine?"
"The one with the wee dog.... aye it better start nodding when it sees my claim!"

"So, here we are. Grotbag's layer!"

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I can't wait for the new series! I was late to watching this as I watched the pilot episode and I wasn't impressed - I worked with Elaine C Smith a few times even after she was playing Christine and I'm ashmed to say I hadn't watched any of it until I caught the end of an episode from Series 3 one night and I was hooked. I'm watching the one at the moment when Chrstine's roof collapses.

"It isn't potpourri we need on the half landing, it's a bowl of pepermints and a selection of johnny bags! And yes I would like a fresh orange juice!"

"What insurance company are you with, Chrstine?"
"The one with the wee dog.... aye it better start nodding when it sees my claim!"

"So, here we are. Grotbag's layer!"
Agree. The episode where Christine's roof falls down is one of the funniest. 🀣🀣

Reactions: 5
Sorry for going OT but for anyone that watches River City, its back on BBC Scotland on 30 August at 10pm.
Roisin is coming back πŸ˜πŸ’–πŸ™Œ

A little bit of trivia i heard recently. Beth wore the same pair of black trousers in every episode. She didn't mind though as she liked them because they were comfortable πŸ˜ƒ

Reactions: 5
Found this earlier. Harki Bhambra (Iains boyfriend Jaz) has appeared in Call the Midwife.
He has also appeared in Coronation Street and Our Girl.
20210912_112840.jpg

It hasn't been confirmed by the BBC yet but ive heard a few times that the Christmas special will be shown over Christmas then the new series will be shown in the New Year. πŸ₯°

Reactions: 1
It seems that Elaine C. Smith confirmed a Christmas special, so we can hope! I will certainly be watching.

I saw Harki Bhambra when he was on Coronation Street and my wife and I both said at the same time "Oh it's my wee pal Jaz" I'm glad he is making his name in other programmes though, despite his absence on Two Doors Down!

Reactions: 4
Its been confirmed. Series 5 starts with the Christmas special and the new series starts in the new year. πŸ˜€

Reactions: 8
Just seen on ds forum, it starts Monday 5th December, have looked on line can't find a confirmation of this!!