TV series that you bailed on

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sons of Anarchy - could only do one episode

Bates Motel - I HATED what they done at end of season 4, so I bailed

Reactions: 1
Anyone watch Fortitude? Watched the 1st series and each episode just waited for some big gripping twist. Got to the end of the season and assumed
I’d missunderstood the entire thing because it was a load of crap 😂

Reactions: 4
Mine seem to be the same as a lot of people's!

Outlander - my friend raved about it and I've tried but I just hated it

OITNB - I wanted to keep going but it seemed like such an effort when there was so many series

Normal People - Oh my, this was just dull and painful.

Prison Break - it was so good and then just wasn't

Reactions: 3
Vampire diaries. Loved it but got so fed up with all the bringing dead people back and people switching bodies etc that I eventually found it a chore to watch 😂

Stranger things just couldn't get in to it
Sabrina same as above
Peaky blinders tried watching a few times couldn't get in to it
Prison break watched the first few episodes ad just couldn't get in to it
Glee stopped watching after season 1 same as above
Kardashians just stopped watching it just got faker and faker

Anyone watch Fortitude? Watched the 1st series and each episode just waited for some big gripping twist. Got to the end of the season and assumed
I’d missunderstood the entire thing because it was a load of crap 😂
It was definitely one of those series that was 'about the journey not the destination'. The second series was not as good!

Designated Survivor - pure crap. The drama/action dies off and becomes uninteresting after the initial mystery and its not a good enough political show so offered nothing. Didn't even it make through the whole first season.

Mr Robot - the first episode was soooo long and very little seemed to happened. I love a slow burn but this just didn't feel entertaining. Happy to proved wrong with advice to "Keep going" if it does get better.

The Serpent- enjoyed the first two episodes then the middle five were just that consulate bloke running around trying hard and achieving nothing and moaning then all the interesting stuff was crammed into the last episode which as good. Could easily have been three/four episodes. Also Jenna Coleman’s outfits annoyed me. They were like a 2020s idea of what 1970s outfits should be and made from modern materials.

For the people who gave up on Schitt's Creek, I'd say give it another go. I'd abandoned it after about three episodes but was persuaded to try again and it's definitely worth persevering.

Otherwise I have given up on:

Westworld - at the start of series 3, just too confusing and uninteresting
Parks & Recreation - repetitive, not really funny and feels outdated
Young Wallender - just not very good
Money Heist - would have worked (just) as one, slightly shorter series but four series?
Massively contradicting myself here but I've just started series 2 of Schitt's Creek (4 episodes) and I'm struggling. I think the trouble is that it relies so heavily on the situation for the comedy and as the situation doesn't really change it gets very repetitive.

Reactions: 2
I’m on Season 6 of Parks and Rec, my interest has plummeted! I’m on episode 6, Andy is in London, Cllr Jamm is eyerollingly predictable, jokes are forced. I’m not a quitter but I’m suffering and life is too short for bad TV. Has anyone else seen Parks and Rec? Shall I stick to it or bail?

I’m on Season 6 of Parks and Rec, my interest has plummeted! I’m on episode 6, Andy is in London, Cllr Jamm is eyerollingly predictable, jokes are forced. I’m not a quitter but I’m suffering and life is too short for bad TV. Has anyone else seen Parks and Rec? Shall I stick to it or bail?
Stick with it. The last season is good.

I think if you've got to season 6 you might as well see it till the end.

I knew there were a couple of more shows I bailed on.

Under the Dome and First Wave, both shows are old shows I never saw on the first run, bailed on both because I simply got bored with them.

Another show I've recently bailed on is a rerun of Starsky and Hutch, it was nice to see the first season and some of season 2 but they will be
shown again so one day I might return and watch.

Riverdale. I enjoyed season 1 and 2. Then season 3 became downright odd. 4 was that boring that I can't even remember what happened and I struggled through it. I attempted season 5 and switched off 10 mins into the first episode. It's one of those that I feel like I need to see it through now I've made it this far haha.
How they've managed to commission another 2 season I have no idea.