TV series that you bailed on

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Orange is the New Black. I binge watched the first couple of seasons it was so good, but at some point Piper got horribly annoying and the storylines became boring.

Prison Break. First season superb. Next couple ok. Then it became a completely different show altogether (apparently due to the writers’ strike at the time) and just terrible.

Reactions: 4
Hello 265

I bailed on ER during Season 12. I had to look back at the plot lines to remind myself when. I wasn’t enjoying it as much as I had done, a big reason being so many established characters had left over the previous seasons.
I have to admit there was a dip in quality in Season 12, however I was determined to watch the whole thing, some of the storylines really didn't ring my bell. Thankfully I carried on because things did pick up.

As for Dr Who, my Brother has them all on dvd so I can watch them if I want to, I have seen all the Dalek stories which is all I want to see.

Dexter - I totally forgot about that one. The first 3 seasons we watched and then in season 4 I think it was it just went downhill and we got bored and just never watched it again. One of those ones you don’t make a decision to stop, or end a season, we just never turned it back on again. Not sure how on earth it ran for so many more seasons, and I think I read he and his sister got together in it? So weird.

Reactions: 1
Peaky blinders- boring

breaking bad- dull

You- couldn’t get into it

normal people- again boring

Greys anatomy- after 15 seasons, just got too depressing with them killing everyone off or no one ever being happy and the last straw was what they did with Karev 🤦🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Greys anatomy- after 15 seasons, just got too depressing with them killing everyone off or no one ever being happy and the last straw was what they did with Karev 🤦🏽‍♀️
Oh dear, thanks for the warning. :oops:

killing eve - just couldn’t get into it.
bridgerton - same reason
The walking dead - I watched until about season 9 and had to give up, it got so bad!

Loved The Walking Dead until season 3 then lost interest. DH is obsessed however, and still watches.
Breaking Bad - only managed 2 episodes. Didn't get it at all.
Loved Grey's Anatomy but far too schmaltzy these days and really don't like Ellen Pompeo. And I'm pretty sure that transplants take more than 15 minutes in theatre...............
This Is Us. Loved the first 3 seasons but just can't stay with it anymore.
I think you'd need to watch more than two episodes of Breaking Bad to 'get it'. My wife only managed three or four episodes before bailing. We've started re-watching it again recently and she likes it much more (we're up to series 4). I think you probably need to watch at least half the first series for the characters and the plot to develop .

Having said that, we gave up on Ozark after about 4 episodes of series 1. Just didn't grab us at all.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
We watched season 1 of Ozark and loved it but could not get into season 2 at all.

Same with the new Sabrina.

Dexter - I totally forgot about that one. The first 3 seasons we watched and then in season 4 I think it was it just went downhill and we got bored and just never watched it again. One of those ones you don’t make a decision to stop, or end a season, we just never turned it back on again. Not sure how on earth it ran for so many more seasons, and I think I read he and his sister got together in it? So weird.
We didn't even get to Season 3

Watched 1 episode of Killing Eve S2 ,but got no further. Believe there was a change in writers?
Riverdale- last year's season went wierd at the end so I stopped watching.
Blacklist and Blindspot went on too long and we became bored.

Last edited:
We watched season 1 of Ozark and loved it but could not get into season 2 at all.

Same with the new Sabrina.
Ozark is actually worth grafting out until season 3. It gets so much better then. I almost lost it in season 2 as well but glad I stuck it out.

Heroes - loved the first series! I think it fell victim to the writers strike and the later series were appalling.

A few people mentioning You, I thought series 2 and 3 were better than series 1 so maybe you’d like those more!

Reactions: 3
Breaking Bad - I've tried THREE times now, because of how many people rave about it. I got further each time, but can't make it all the way through. So boring.
Jane the Virgin - All the parts with Jane's dad are so OTT and make me cringe so hard, I get second hand embarrassment 😩
Dawson's Creek - Watched a few episodes but it's just boring.