TV series that you bailed on

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I recently finished season 2 of Stranger Things and it ended pretty much just the same way as season 1, so I just see it's going to be quite samey.

I've officially bailed on You. I gave it one more episode, but it is just a different show now. Also, couldn't stand the new female lead. The whole dynamic was too different.

Reactions: 2
For the people that said Ozark it's really worth sticking with. I really enjoyed theast series that was on

Reactions: 3
Queen's Gambit, Bridgerton, Schitt's Creek, Peaky Blinders, The Serpent and The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. There are loads more that I can't recall atm

Reactions: 1
Prison Break, How to get away with murder, peaky blinders, money heist, Your Honor.

Honestly getting bored of watching the tv now - just nothing seems to be doing it for me anymore!

Reactions: 5
A few years ago my twin sister told me to watch ‘an amazing’ tv show called Apparitions with Martin Shaw in. It was so gory!!! I watched episode one and they had a scene where ‘the devil’ was skinning a guy alive, I literally vomited and it was so bad I’m still traumatised to this day. I’m guessing I wasn’t the only one as they never made a season 2! 😳😱

Ozark
Dead To Me
Killing Eve
Greys Anatomy (after 14 seasons lol)
Same on Greys Anatomy I forgot about that one. I started season 11 but the early days were the best and I just couldn’t be bothered with anymore. I also bailed on Orange is The New Black half way through season 6.

Mad Men. I kinda wish I’d finished it because I got midway through the last series. I just got bored - it’s interesting but it’s just not gripping! It’s not one where you finish an episode and immediately want to continue on to the next. Keep meaning to go back and finish it but can never be bothered!

Reactions: 3
I love Schitts Creek, just started S6 today. Also a huge fan of The Good Place and what I loved about it the most was its originality and that it knew when to stop and ended perfectly ❤

I bailed on The Walking Dead 3 seasons ago. It lost its magic, lost its way and it will never go back. It will always be one of my absolute fav shows (second place to The Tunnel) but it’s dragged on for so long it’s almost as if it wants to to stop watching.

I'm this close to bailing on Line of Duty. I've watched every series and loved them but this year is totally dragging for me. Kelly McDonald is grating and I'm just waiting on her meeting a sticky end.

I'm only really hanging on to see if Hastings is actually H!!!

Westworld - season 2 got far too complex for me

Killing Eve - I couldn’t even finish the first episode of season 3, they killed it

Power - such a load of tit and I couldn’t stand it.

This is Us - found a lot of the characters so whiny and self serving - irritated me

New Sabrina - she actually irritated me with her obnixious attitude

Line of Duty - watched the first few episodes and it feels like a cheap cop drama set in 1999.

The West Wing & House of cards lost me in the 5th season - just found it incredibly dull

Sons of Anarchy,I binged it too fast in hospital and got bored plus someone spoiled the end for me

Brooklyn99 - I haven’t found the latest series very funny but maybe I need to binge on Netflix now it’s been released

Family Guy & South Park can’t stand to watch them. Went right of The Simpsons.

For Me This Is Just Some l just don’t enjoy watching whilst others say they are really good.

Not Going Out, The Good Wife, Doctor Who, Torchwood, 24, The Walking Dead, The Blacklist, Game Of Thrones, Gotham, Mindhunter, Gavin & Stacey, Killing Eve, The Handmaid’s Tale & True Detective.

Killing Eve. Season two wasn’t as good as the first and I haven’t bothered watching the third.

The Wire. I’ve attempted to watch it twice now and I just can’t get into it. I feel like I’m missing something because it’s so highly praised.

House of Cards. Stopped watching after Kevin Spacey got the boot.

I must be the only person left watching The Walking Dead :LOL: seasons 7 & 8 were tit but they got a new showrunner after that and since season 9 it’s got loads better. Plus, Jeffrey Dean Morgan :love:

Mad Men. I kinda wish I’d finished it because I got midway through the last series. I just got bored - it’s interesting but it’s just not gripping! It’s not one where you finish an episode and immediately want to continue on to the next. Keep meaning to go back and finish it but can never be bothered!
Oh yeah, forgot about Mad Men. I bailed on that after season 2. It was one of those things that I appreciated - very strong acting, production values, etc - but I just didn't actually like. Didn't care about any of the characters. Plus Don's endless affairs just got tiresome.

Another one for Schitts Creek here. Only made it through a couple of episodes and just didn't find it overly funny.

Reactions: 4
Another one for Schitts Creek here. Only made it through a couple of episodes and just didn't find it overly funny.
I've just started it but only as background noise whilst crafting. It's not very funny yet.
I think that's the problem, it's not 'very funny'. There are funny moments but for me it relies too much on the humour in the 'fish out of water' situation. That is obviously established pretty quickly and it's hard to see how this can sustain the show through so many series. I'm half way through series 2 and can't believe that they are still relying on Moira and David wearing ridiculous clothes for humour. It's not terrible just a bit 'meh'.

Reactions: 4