Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Warpaint

VIP Member
My name is Earl. I was mega excited to see it on Disney+ because I used to love it. I didn't see the last 3 seasons when it was on E4 years ago and I think they didn't get the rights to show it anyway. 🤷🏻‍♀️

This time I gave up around season 3 epsiode 1 (idk where but Randy was a prison guard and I'd neve seen it before)

I can see why it was cancelled now. It gets ridiculous and they go a bit nuts with the plot. There are so many filming mistakes and storyline continuation issues. It's such a shame because season 1 & part of 2 were pretty good.
Used to love that show and like you never saw the later seasons. I've always considered a re-watch but I think I'd end up giving up. Would be just more of a nostalgia thing if I tried ot.

Reactions: 5
I agree. I get it was supposed to be about the mundanity of married life but absolutely nothing happened and they were both quite dislikable.
Nicola was irritating and Sean was a creep! I don't know how two incredible actors would read the script and agree to star in it.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
The Walking Dead is the biggest TV u-turn I’ve ever done. It was my favourite, must-see show from the start, but I just got sick of it. So repetitive, going nowhere, too dragged out.

The Affair also, I thought seasons 1 & 2 were amazing, dutifully carried on with season 3 despite it being awful, and thought they found a bit more life in season 4. However, I’ve still not watched more than 5 mins of the first episode of season 5. No spoilers, but the story obviously ended at season 4 for me, and honestly, any show that does a pathetic huge time jump has jumped the shark.

Then there are the shows that people insisted I’d love, but I just really didn’t:

This Is Us: so awful in my view, I’m fascinated by how some people really rate it. I find it pure schmaltz pretending to be more intelligent than it actually is.

The Bold Type: so badly written, I just thought it was incredibly dumbed down and patronising.

Dietland: the absolute WORST thing I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t even hate watch it. I literally cringed throughout the first episode and that was enough for me.

• Heart

LucilleP

Normal People

All my friends raved about it and how good it was and their crush on Connell (?). They’d read the book and said the series was so good. I decided to give it a go recently since it’s quite a short series and honestly there’s a few hours of my life I’ll never get back. Couldn’t care less about the characters and genuinely hated both main ones. Only managed a couple of episodes and that was me hanging in to see if it gets better.

Scandal

I’d just started maternity leave so had a lot of time to kill waiting for baby. I was obsessed with it and binged the first few seasons within a week but then it just got more and more ridiculous.

I then tried How to get away with murder which was equally ridiculous so didn’t even manage a season.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4

SoulDestroyer

VIP Member
The Big Bang Theory - gave up after season five. I felt like after that it became a regular US comedy, cringy dialogue, re-hashed stories, went on far too long, etc.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Same with the Son of Sam documentary. It got so ridiculous. Stopped watching after a few episodes.
I finished the one about the Cecil Hotel, but also found it over the top.

Watched The staircase (or whatever it's called). Way too long, but an interesting watch nonetheless.
Gave up on the Son Of Sam one early on as it was straying into conspiracy stuff and just couldn't be bothered. It's a shame as it's a morbidly interesting case in itself so it didn't need all that.

The Cecil one could have been wrapped up in 10 mins. Parents didn't disclose severity of her mental health to police straight away, she stopped taking her meds during her travels, had an episode whilst in LA, led to a fatal accident

emmer_moans

VIP Member
The Uk version of the Office, but I love the American one so much

I bailed on Downton Abbey after 1 series. I love period dramas but tbh I just didn't warm to any of the characters and that is really unlike me for period dramas.

Schitts Creek but I may give it another go.

24. Liked the first series but it felt like such an ordeal to watch so I just cba to watch more.

mcfeez

VIP Member
Another one for Schitts Creek here. Only made it through a couple of episodes and just didn't find it overly funny.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
peaky blinders!

the first series is excellent but i feel like the quality dipped with each consecutive series - and i hate the almost music video parts they include now, it’s all gone style over substance. cillian murphy is absolutely gorgeous in it though.

rlouisep9

VIP Member
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Stopped after about 4 episodes into the second season, it felt completely ridiculous and I just couldn't be bothered any more

Mr Robot - I felt it was SO repetitive throughout, hung on to the last season then stopped about 4/5 episodes in because it was just boring me by that point

The Boys (may come back to it but it's been months so probably not 😂) - loved season 1, first couple of episodes of season 2 just didn't inspire me to carry on

Lie to Me - I wanted to love it because I usually like that kind of thing and I like Tim Roth but just so repetitive and I predicted most of the results of the cases

I must be rare, but I just couldn't get into Game of Thrones. Watched 1st episode, bailed on 2nd. Just overhyped.

Peaky blinders - what's the point? Line of Duty again just can't get into it.

Never seen Killing Eve either.

hudthepud

Killing Eve 1st series great bailed after 30 mins first episode series 2.

Peaky Blinders 2 great series thereafter absolute tosh.