Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Skins - the last 2 seasons i couldn't be bothered with. Although I did watch the weird comeback episodes with Effy, Cassie and Cook. Cooks was the only good one

Misfits - I bailed when Nathan left

Reactions: 9

MrsWolf

VIP Member
Like many others... the walking dead!
I lost interest when they brought a tiger into it 😂

mannymo94

Breaking Bad for me, everyone goes on about how amazing it is but I just don't get the hype. It's just so boring I guess, felt like nothing was happening for 2 seasons so I just gave up 🤷‍♀️

• Wow

Sardine

Chatty Member
My name is Earl. I was mega excited to see it on Disney+ because I used to love it. I didn't see the last 3 seasons when it was on E4 years ago and I doth think they got the rights to show it anyway. 🤷🏻‍♀️ idk how it works.

This time I gave up around season 3 epsiode 1 (idk where exactly but Randy was a prison guard and I'd never seen it before)

I can see why it was cancelled now. It gets ridiculous and they go a bit nuts with the plot. There are so many filming mistakes and storyline continuation issues. It's such a shame because season 1 & part of 2 were pretty good.

Last edited:

Monkeybum

VIP Member
If I get into something I usually stick to the bitter end even through the dodgy bits end (True Blood, Orange is the New Black, Dexter, Lost as examples)

However:

Breaking Bad - I was so desperate to watch it, watched the first series and wasn't fussed. Someone told me it takes till series 2 or 3 then you'll be hooked. Fuck that 😂

Game of Thrones - again didn't get past one series but I was late to the game and had about 57 series to watch so it felt more like a chore and I gave up.

Walking Dead - This wounds me as I stuck with it for sooooooo long but after Rick left I didn't care about anyone and found it was just the same every week. Gutted I invested so much time, should have stopped much earlier

Warpaint

VIP Member
Just remembered another - Two Broke Girls. I got up to where they got their first store that was basically like just a counter on the side of the street. I lost track of it after that though and couldn't be bothered keeping up. I think one of the reasons was because it went E4 for absolutely ages and I'd forgotten most of it when it did come back.

About 10 years or so ago E4 had a habit of picking up loads of sitcoms then just dropping them without any notice.

Reactions: 8

Warpaint

VIP Member
I tried watching the programme on Netflix about the murdered French woman in Ireland, Sophie. I couldn't get through the first episode, there's so much flannel and floss stretching out the story that I end up not caring. I usually find these kind of programmes an interesting watch and I'm keen to know what happened, the background, the investigation etc but I just felt they were teasing info which they'd reveal later and interviewing every man and his dog who knew her or lived in the town! I'll go read the Wikipedia page rather than sit through 3 hours of that.
Yeah I gave up on this too. Everyone kept telling me how good is was but after the first episode I really didn't care enough to carry on. I hoped Netflix had gotten out of this padded docu-series stage.

emm

VIP Member
The new series of gossip girl, not a patch on the original.
As so many others have said Killing Eve, loved the first series, watched the second even though was nowhere near as good, only got a couple of episodes into the 3rd. Jodie Comer is great though, I am looking forward to watching her in Help, although I don't know if I really want to re-live the early days of the pandemic yet...

Matricks

The Walking Dead - Before S7 it was great. But then meh!
Peaky Blinders - S1-3 great. S4 boring; S5 no idea
The Crown - S1 okay. S2 Too slow.
Game of Thrones - up to S3 great. But again became repetative

MaryX82

VIP Member
Girls started watching it when it first came out but the characters and Lena Dunham became so annoying on and off the show so I had to bow out.Think I got through the season 1

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Rxt156

VIP Member
Better call Saul. Tried about 5 times to get into it. I just don’t care enough about the characters

• Sad

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
So many. I'm so fickle 🤣 But of those that I initially invested lots of time into:

Lost - I gave up when a Polar Bear turned up
OINTB - halfway through the last series I think
Bridgerton - I don't know why but just haven't fancied S2. I loved S1 so I don't actually know why!
The Crown - watched maybe two series, and then realised I don't actually care about the royal family. Give me a historical Royal story and I'm all over it though
American Horror Story - but this is more coz I broke up with the boyf and too scared to watch it on my own 😆
The polar bear turned up in the second episode 😂

• Haha
Most of the stuff on Netflix doesn't work for me. The money being blown on these series of shows which are generally bang average or worse is simply staggering.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I've already bailed on Fool Me Once on Netflix.

Nothing against Michelle Keegan but she looks like she's blow away if you sneezed. She's not suited to the part IMO.