Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaraQ

VIP Member
I bailed on The tourist first series. Nothing happened except for Jamie Dornan being annoyingly full on Irish!! No offence to the Irish but imho that is his only acting style. Shall I watch the new series. Now it’s actually in Ireland is it any better?
Ironically the best thing I’ve watched lately is Kin. I was sceptical as I’ve had enough of dramas that glorify drug dealers and organised crime but it was really good.
I liked the first season but the second was a real chore to get through.

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Better Call Saul (partner likes it though, fine, he can like it without me)
Preacher
Game Of Thrones - never got farther than season 2
Manhunt Unabomber
Life in Pieces
Prison Break - soooo annoying and far fetched. Not sure why it keeps being sold to me as the best thing ever.
Money Heist - same as above, I saw one episode. The dubbing was bad, but I don't speak Spanish, so OV is out of question. And it seems like it's being dragged on
Was close to giving up on You but then kinda liked it

We also bailed on season four of Man In The High Castle but returned to it at one point, after rewatching the entire thing first and then kind of liked it.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
peaky blinders!

the first series is excellent but i feel like the quality dipped with each consecutive series - and i hate the almost music video parts they include now, it’s all gone style over substance. cillian murphy is absolutely gorgeous in it though.
Series 1 was great and the final episode of series 2. But the rest is rubbish. The series with the Russians was so bad! I’m only watching the end because I’ve invested in it. Also hate how the female characters are written.

Anyway, Ruth Wilson was very, very unhappy on set and asked to leave and, although she's never spoken about it directly, the reasons why leaked out. Just Google her name and Sarah Treem (writer and show runner) and you'll understand. I think Joshua Jackson not returning for the final season was in solidarity with her. That's what I like to think anyway.
The women were treated horrendously on that show and the people in charge tried to cover it up and make out like it was no big deal.

Last edited: