Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

petitspois

VIP Member
I keep trying to watch this but I just don’t care about any of the characters!
If I had a quid for every time someone said you have to keep going then I swear I could have a night out. That's not a sign of a good show, where you have to trawl through a pile of crap to get to something good. I hated every character and it seemed really amateur. So, the Mum and spoilt kids would end up turning into rounded characters and they would make the town their home? who cares?

• Haha
Reactions: 7

lurkingaround123

Chatty Member
I've given up on You, I've tried twice to watch it, but didn't like it!
Second this!
First series was great, second was watchable, third I'm thinking okay, how many more times are we gonna watch this man do the same thing over and over. Yawnnnnnn

Reactions: 6

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
This is probably such an unpopular opinion but I couldn’t get into squid game at all. Watched the first 2 episodes (tried both subtitles and dubbed). Have no burning desire to watch any more. Might give it another go and some point.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Oh yes!!!!!! This was my absolute guilty pleasure years ago!!!!!!
yes the time jump was good but they were only supposed to be 21/22 and they were all living these mad amazing lives which was just not realistic at all! The only realistic ones were Fergie & Junk - still living in shitty house shares/eating cereal!!!!
Haha the whole Pete Wentz/fall out boy storyline - cringeeeeeee almighty!!!!!
One of the main annoyances of the time skip was they shoehorned Nathan and Hayley's kid into every storyline going. Then there was Psycho Nanny... LOL

• Haha

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
The Affair also, I thought seasons 1 & 2 were amazing, dutifully carried on with season 3 despite it being awful, and thought they found a bit more life in season 4. However, I’ve still not watched more than 5 mins of the first episode of season 5. No spoilers, but the story obviously ended at season 4 for me, and honestly, any show that does a pathetic huge time jump has jumped the shark.
I could have written this myself. The first season is so beautiful - I have watched it several times - I wish they had just left it there rather than continue on with the shitshow it became. When Ruth Wilson and Joshua Jackson didn't return, it was all over. Alison and Cole were the show for me. And then when you read what happened to Ruth Wilson and why she left, it really does leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

I did watch season five though, as my boyfriend wanted to watch it, but I hated it and pretty much hated everyone in it. The only characters with any redeeming features at all were Martin, Whitney's boyfriend/husband, EJ and surprisingly Helen's mother who won me over with her vileness towards Noah 😆

To be honest, I actually hard to work out who I hated the most....

Joanie - an absolutely awful character and one of the most ridiculous ideas ever

Whitney - a truly horrible cunt

Helen's coke snorting, slutty neighbour and her nasty mother

But I think ultimately it's Helen. I absolutely loathed her from the start.

And I really fucking hate Whole Of The Moon by The Waterboys 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

Monkeybum

VIP Member
Misfits - watched it religiously but ended up giving up on it towards the end and never saw how it turned out
I forgot this, me too! I found it again recently and thought I'd carry on further watching it fresh but gave up when most of the originals had left. Series 4 I can't get past

emm

VIP Member
God me too.Every fuckin episode.
Yeh it got worse and worse each season, I will watch the next one (hoping its the last) but how many times can she almost escape. Its the typical thing so many American series do when they can't bear to end it so just drag on too long

Happyvalley

VIP Member
Gave up halfway through Inventing Anna. Story just taking so long to develop, could have been done in half the time.

OoglyBoogly

Chatty Member
How to get Away with Murder - just didn't grab me. I maybe got about 5 episodes in and I was like nah, I don't care about these people.

• Haha

DaimIt

VIP Member
Schitts creek - not for me

modern family - again not for me

orange is the new black I devoured it initially then found it boring

fuller house - lost interest quickly

• Wow
Reactions: 5

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Like many people, the Walking Dead. I absolutely loved it initially, but then they killed Glenn.

Just given up on the Good Place, it just kept going

Peaky Blinders I could not get into at all. Same with Vikings.

I wanted to give up on Mad Men, but hubby kept watching it, so I did see it all l, but over the tip of my phone 🤣

LaraQ

VIP Member
Stay Close the new Harlan Coben/Netflix show.I watched the first 3 episodes then I had to bail, it was so bad.I love his books but they just don't seem to translate well to tv.

VIP Member
Jane The Virgin - loads of great characters in it and love the format/telenovela spoof vibe but Jane is annoying and the storylines were very samey and predictable