TV series that you bailed on

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The new series of gossip girl, not a patch on the original.
As so many others have said Killing Eve, loved the first series, watched the second even though was nowhere near as good, only got a couple of episodes into the 3rd. Jodie Comer is great though, I am looking forward to watching her in Help, although I don't know if I really want to re-live the early days of the pandemic yet...

Reactions: 8
Manifest. - Have watched about 4 episodes and I really don't hate it, but just get the feeling it might be a mess of a show that doesn't know where it's going. A bit like Lost maybe? I just don't think I can be bothered with it.

Manifest. - Have watched about 4 episodes and I really don't hate it, but just get the feeling it might be a mess of a show that doesn't know where it's going. A bit like Lost maybe? I just don't think I can be bothered with it.
Right manifest got cancelled after I think the 3rd season? I stopped about half way through season 1 because I didn't want to end up invested only to be disappointed when it stopped. HOWEVER I read recently that Netflix (I think) were picking it up for a 4th season so I'm gonna start it again!

Reactions: 1
I got about 8 episodes in and gave up. Just didn’t hold my attention!

Reactions: 2
Series I wish I bailed on: Lucifer.
Season 5 was already pretty meh, but season 6 was just downright bad and cringe.

adding snowfall to the list too
I'm still liking that at the moment but it's one that vanishes for so long I could easily forget about it.

Same with Better Call Saul - by the time it comes back around I think I'll be well over the Breaking Bad universe

Game of thrones- couldnt get into it
Breaking Bad just seemed so meh and depressing, got told to stick with it but couldnt be arsed
Homeland, cant remember what series i gave up on but it started off great

Yeah I gave up on this too. Everyone kept telling me how good is was but after the first episode I really didn't care enough to carry on. I hoped Netflix had gotten out of this padded docu-series stage.
This is where i get frustrated with Netflix, the documentaries get ridiculous. They end up talking to a cousins neighbour's grandma to speculate on minute things. I did quite like the Sophie one but it started to lose me a bit when they were on about the medium predicting a short life 😴 (and i like psychics etc🤣)

Series 5 of homeland

Last edited:
Going back a bit - Heroes. First series was excellent, gave up after a few episodes of the second series as it went downhill fast.

Reactions: 3
Nads, I didn't know Manifest was cancelled. Am watching series 3 anyway. Love the actress who plays Michaela. May have already replied earlier on but will add or re-add my vote for Stranger Things. Watched all the 1st series on recommendation from friend but gave up after 2 episodes of Series 2. Just didn't think much to it.

The Gossip Girl remake on HBO Max. I was a fan of the original when it was on, but the remake literally sucks out all of the cheesiness of the original and tries to ground the story and make it more realistic...but its not any of that

Silent Witness . Not because I don't like it , but because I rarely see the next episode on the 2nd night . I would prefer one longer episode. I've given up on it now.

Bojack horseman not that it's a bad show but it becomes too depressing about parts and the characters remind me of a lot of people I know

9 perfect strangers, I'm on episode 6...Still struggling to enjoy. Someone tell me it's worth it to continue 🙄