TV series that you bailed on

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just remembered another - Two Broke Girls. I got up to where they got their first store that was basically like just a counter on the side of the street. I lost track of it after that though and couldn't be bothered keeping up. I think one of the reasons was because it went E4 for absolutely ages and I'd forgotten most of it when it did come back.

About 10 years or so ago E4 had a habit of picking up loads of sitcoms then just dropping them without any notice.

Reactions: 8
Stranger things, loved the first series but couldn't get back into it when they brought it back for s2.

Not going out - dont know how it's still going, now it's too predictable and boring

Ackley bridge

Reactions: 2
Coroner
Bull
Hawaii Five O
MacGyer
Magnum PI
Keeping Up With The Kardashians
Mrs Brown’s Boys
Celebrity Juice
All of the Real Housewives’s
LA’s Finest
Meet The Richardsons

I forgot this, me too! I found it again recently and thought I'd carry on further watching it fresh but gave up when most of the originals had left. Series 4 I can't get past
I’m up to season 4 ep 2 but probably not gonna bother with the rest now. I stopped after 3 when it was on originally too.

Orange is the new black I never finished.

Reactions: 1
Game of Thrones (had to google it because I couldn't even remember the name) everyone I know raved about it but I could NEVER get in to it. I think I only watched about 10 minutes in total

Game of Thrones (had to google it because I couldn't even remember the name) everyone I know raved about it but I could NEVER get in to it. I think I only watched about 10 minutes in total
Well at least you gave it a good try!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Killing Eve - could have been brilliant if it actually had a plot.

Schitt's Creek. The first few were so appalling I just couldn't waste my time waiting for it to become amazing as so many people have said. It was like something made by a general member of the public in their first attempt.

The Americans- brilliant idea but loads of holes.

Queen's Gambit - good but there's only so much chess you can sit through.

The Stranger on netflix. Boring

Game of Thrones. Gave up after one season. Only so much double crossing you can watch from people in cloaks with mullets.

A series I think was called The Accident with Sarah Lancashire. It was utter tripe.

I'm starting to feeI I might give up on Line of Duty. It's gone a bit CSI and I can't work out what they are doing given it's an anti-corruption section.

The One on Netflix, it’s so boring! Gave up after watching 4 episodes and realised I still had another 4 to go..

I watched the first episode of your honour last week and whilst it was intriguing it was just so bleak, I just didn't want to carry on. I find it so hard to get into TV shows now, a few years ago I watched anything and everything but I'm just not as interested now

Going back a bit but I never ever got the Dawson’s Creek hype. As a 90s teen I was the target audience but I never got into it at all. Thought it was so bland and preferred UK/ Aussie stuff as it was grittier and more realistic characters. Switched off after 2 episodes.

Reactions: 4
Hand maids tale - couldn’t hack it, too distressing! And I’m usually fine with that sort of thing.

Line of duty - found it so dull

Sex education - watched first couple of episodes and just didn’t feel any desire to watch the rest!

Game of Thrones - ok I didn’t bail but I had completely checked out by the last season and basically hate watched it 😂

Walking dead - I always try and get into it, but can’t.

Greys Anatomy - used to watch it, got fed up of characters always dying😂 worse than game of thrones for that!

also remembered - dexter and homeland

Reactions: 3
Game of Thrones - ok I didn’t bail but I had completely checked out by the last season and basically hate watched it 😂
Same. Watched it all, but hated about every minute of season 8. Now I like to pretend it just never existed 😅 Then again, I can get very passionate about how they effed up the last season (and 7 too tbh).
Someone I know had a baby and named it after one of the characters (not Khaleesi or something, still sensible, but obviously GoT-related). I had a minor PTSD episode remembering it all 😆

• Haha
Same. Watched it all, but hated about every minute of season 8. Now I like to pretend it just never existed 😅 Then again, I can get very passionate about how they effed up the last season (and 7 too tbh).
Someone I know had a baby and named it after one of the characters (not Khaleesi or something, still sensible, but obviously GoT-related). I had a minor PTSD episode remembering it all 😆
Yeah we watched GOT all the way to the end but it was more just to see the eventual outcome - it was pretty tedious towards the end!!!!

Hand maids tale - couldn’t hack it, too distressing! And I’m usually fine with that sort of thing.

Line of duty - found it so dull

Sex education - watched first couple of episodes and just didn’t feel any desire to watch the rest!

Walking dead - I always try and get into it, but can’t.

Greys Anatomy - used to watch it, got fed up of characters always dying😂 worse than game of thrones for that!

also remembered - dexter and homeland
Yes agree on Handmaids Tale. Watched the first episode but it just gave me the heebiejeebies so never watched anymore.

Bates Motel - I had every intention of watching the third series but didn’t make the time for it. I’ve just seen iPlayer now has all five series. Perhaps I’ll catch up with it.
Even if you don’t manage to watch the remaining BM episodes (which did get a little too far fetched imho) definitely skip to the final 2 episodes, they’re both gut wrenchingly sad whilst being so satisfying at the same time!

Pretty much everything! I think the only program in this thread I haven’t bailed on is Stranger Things, and that’s only because my daughter loves it and watching it together is a bit of bonding time. Even if I really enjoy something for season one I’ve lost interest by season two.

My husband is the opposite, he has to complete a program even if he’s started to hate it, it’s like a kind of masochistic thing 😂. He’s the only person I know who made it to the end of Lost.

Reactions: 4