Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
is the tone as unconvincing as the original acting?Never knew they dubbed things in the sa,me language! I have seen so many things that are clearly dubbed from German/spanish etc which just look ridiculous because the speech never matches up so it surprises me they bother with the same langauge !
Yes they found an equally cardboard actress to recreate the entire Verisure Ethos of Crapness! I did wonder why they bothered to dub it seeing as its all in English anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Roy_S

I hated this ad so much, and had no idea what it was supposed to be about so I googled it, the story behind it is quite sweet really...basically the company had such a tiny ad budget, they needed to make it as memorable as possible, for as little money as possible. To be fair, it has worked. I know the company name and I know what they're selling....not always the case with some of the big budget ads!
I remembered the ad (much as I tried to wipe it from my memory) but, for me, it was one of those ones where the company name definitely didn't stick. I doubt I'd engage them to build an extension for me, they might send the bloke with the puppet...

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Well it was a YouTube advert, but for AirUp, which involves a man pissing into a river.

It's vile. And if YouTubers shilling it wasn't enough to make me not buy it, advertising it with a man pissing into a river definitely won't. Especially as it was yellow piss which is a sign of dehydration and therefore AirUp isn't making the person drink enough.

• Wow

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
I tried to look for the Hays advert but could only find this one from 2016 which looks like it’s from the 90s! People in an actual travel agents with brochures. Did they not have the internet?

Yeah On the Beach is awful too. Ruined that song for me at Christmas too.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Beal homes advert does my head in but I think that's just cos I'm bitter about not being able to afford a nice new house! They just look far too happy and it pisses me off lol.

In January there was a visit qatar advert on itv all the time that did my head in too! I just had my baby so watched a lot of daytime TV and it was on every ad break!
Don't feel too bad, Beal Homes are piles of shit, the list of snags my godparents had when they bought a new build.bungalow from them was insane, and the fighting it took to get things sorted. Not worth the stress.

• Sad

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
The snickers advert where the girl says she’d swap couples for the night. It was funny at first but after seeing a 100 times it’s now not funny 😂

also the paramount plus advert

CarmenGhia

VIP Member
Jif changing to Cif was also pointless. I remember there were slightly insulting adverts with Spanish people being unable to pronounce J sounds. I know the name changes are usually to do with bringing the brand in line with other countries but wonder why they name things differently in the first place. Like why call the bars Marathon?
It was marketed as Cif in Turkey and the Arabic-speaking world, where "Cif" would be pronounced as "Jif". Possibly, it was Cif in Russian- or Russian-adjacent language countries too, as Russian has no letter J or soft "j" sound.

Those Vanish ads making out that wearing your clothes more than once is something novel and noteworthy are really annoying me at the moment. We aren't all Kate Middleton.

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
This funeral ones are grim at the best of times, I mean, have you seen the Dead Happy one? If that doesn't depress you into suicide I don't know what else could?

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Yes Lidl, but it must be aimed at an American audience as we don't have racoons over here, it should have been a cute little fox.
The ad appears to have been made in America: the road sign he climbs over is American, the motorway/freeway you see him above seems to have the cars driving on the right, the style of the houses etc

There are 173 Lidl stores in America so the ad may have been an American ad that they are also showing over here in the UK