TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey girls ...17months here ttc went for tests 7 months ago and all came back perfect last test was the hcg and left tube blocked no symptoms whatsoever so prob have had half the chances to conceive as we alternate sides each month. I find temping amazing so accurate only what to truely see ovulation. I’m did clomid and now on letrozele to time intercourse and if doesn’t work ivf in the new year. Xmas is so hard and really wish to have good news to share with family it’s so draining And can take over your life!! Best wishes to all nice to see people who understand x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks for starting this thread!

I am TTC for the first time. I came off the pill in September after taking it for 7 years and luckily my periods have gone back to normal straight away.

I’m tracking my cycles on Ovia which is helpful - I feel like I’ve spent my adult life trying not to get pregnant and now suddenly I need to know about cycle lengths and ovulation days 😂

Really interested to read everyone else’s posts because I don’t have any friends in the same boat and we’re not telling anyone we’re trying because I’m worried it might not happen and I don’t want to be questioned about it constantly!
I’m in my 11th month of trying but we don’t live together. So it can be hard. I really thought this month was the one as everything has been different, but nope. Mother Nature likes to play tricks it seems 😂

Reactions: 1
And yet another negative test 😔
Going to the gynaecologist next Tuesday as I still don't have my period (about a week late now).... PCOS is such a witch...

How's everyone else holding up?

• Sad
Aw I’m sorry @LongishCat that must be really hard.

I’ve just finished my period so back to trying from Wednesday I think. Due to ovulate 13th according to my calculations so here we go again. Hope everyone’s good!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yeah your point about how long it could take is so true - we could wait another year and it could potentially not happen straight away then either. We’ve decided to start trying now and just see what happens! Hopefully it’ll all work itself out in the end.

I’ve heard people say the same about pregnancy during Covid but aside from the changes in hospital appointments etc then that’s another thing you can’t really wait for either - who knows how long this will all last for! Good luck with your pregnancy 😊

Thank you everyone who replied about my crap redundancy situation, I’ve not told people that we’re starting to try yet so I haven’t been able to moan properly to anyone! This thread has really helped ❤
Is everyone doing your role at risk or is it a certain number of jobs? If your pregnant by the time it’s all being looked at next year I’m pretty sure you will have special rights as your pregnant - your job will take priority over other employees who are not pregnant if this is applicable and you will be given priority for alternative work too if there is a genuine need to make your role redundant.

And yet another negative test 😔
Going to the gynaecologist next Tuesday as I still don't have my period (about a week late now).... PCOS is such a witch...

How's everyone else holding up?
I’m sorry 😞 Hopefully you can get some answers.
AF due on Thursday & I feel overly nauseous today already tested and had a negative so just waiting for the arrival of my period now to be honest.

• Heart
I think I'll just have to take a bit more clomid. 1 pill/d for 5 days was too much, but now half a pill/day doesn't seem enough.
Last time I went to the gynaecologist, we didn't see a little egg preparing to jump, so I think I just didn't ovulate this month...

I feel for you. I negative test just crushes you, doesn't it...

Just starting the 2 week wait again 🤞🏼Good luck to everyone else in the same boat x

• Heart
I’m getting married next weekend and just worked out my fertile window covers it. Praying for a wedding baby 🥰🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Is everyone doing your role at risk or is it a certain number of jobs? If your pregnant by the time it’s all being looked at next year I’m pretty sure you will have special rights as your pregnant - your job will take priority over other employees who are not pregnant if this is applicable and you will be given priority for alternative work too if there is a genuine need to make your role redundant.
We’re not sure yet, the consultation period is 6 months. They did say that they may need to keep some roles, but there are a lot of people (including me) at risk.

I did wonder about that, thank you. I asked HR in a roundabout way about how pregnancy would affect the decisions but wasn’t given a straight answer.

We’ve decided to carry on as we were anyway, and whatever happens will happen!

We’re not sure yet, the consultation period is 6 months. They did say that they may need to keep some roles, but there are a lot of people (including me) at risk.

I did wonder about that, thank you. I asked HR in a roundabout way about how pregnancy would affect the decisions but wasn’t given a straight answer.

We’ve decided to carry on as we were anyway, and whatever happens will happen!
My friend survived redundancy in the summer because she was still on mat leave, so deffos worth asking HR what your rights are x

Hi guys, I’ve been ttc for just under 2 years.
Previously had regular periods that came like clockwork same time very month and rarely had severe symptoms. Had a surprise pregnancy 2018 which ended in miscarriage. Ever since the miscarriage my periods have been completely out of whack which is obviously impacting my ovulation. I’ve been to the GP multiple times as for a while I had periods that were too long, extremely heavy and caused me severe pain to the stage I was struggling to get out of bed, go to work etc. And then I’ve gone months upon months with no period, only for it to return in the form of spotting for 2 weeks straight.
The GP’s keep telling me it’s normal for periods to take time to regulate but it’s been over two years since the miscarriage now. I’m under 25 so they wont give me a smear test.
I’m worried that there’s something wrong that might be hindering the baby making.

Have any of you had anything similar?

I think I'll just have to take a bit more clomid. 1 pill/d for 5 days was too much, but now half a pill/day doesn't seem enough.
Last time I went to the gynaecologist, we didn't see a little egg preparing to jump, so I think I just didn't ovulate this month...

I feel for you. I negative test just crushes you, doesn't it...
Fingers crossed for this month!
Part of me is still holding out hope that the negative was because I tested too early. 😞

fingers crossed the clomid dosage works this month x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can I ask a bit of advice regarding PCOS? I have excess facial hair and a lot of hair on my stomach (sorry for the TMI!), I’ve really struggled with my weight since being in my 20s and since coming off the implant in June my periods have been a bit irregular (although it may just be my hormones regulating) I’m also not sure if I’m ovulating and if I am it’s really late in my cycle according to OPKs. I’d like to get checked for PCOS but is it as simple as contacting my doctor with my concerns and they will send me for tests? Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it at all x

Moving house soon, hoping that the saying ‘new house new baby’ will be correct. By some bloody miracle 😂

Can I ask a bit of advice regarding PCOS? I have excess facial hair and a lot of hair on my stomach (sorry for the TMI!), I’ve really struggled with my weight since being in my 20s and since coming off the implant in June my periods have been a bit irregular (although it may just be my hormones regulating) I’m also not sure if I’m ovulating and if I am it’s really late in my cycle according to OPKs. I’d like to get checked for PCOS but is it as simple as contacting my doctor with my concerns and they will send me for tests? Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it at all x
I went to the doctors about my periods/infertility (didn’t suspect PCOS but it looks like I do actually have it). Ask for a day 21 blood test to see if you’re ovulating, this should be repeated another month too as we sometimes don’t ovulate every cycle! My doc also sent me for a pelvic ultrasound. If your doc doesn’t offer you this, push for it!! They can’t refuse to refer you:)

Moving house soon, hoping that the saying ‘new house new baby’ will be correct. By some bloody miracle 😂

I went to the doctors about my periods/infertility (didn’t suspect PCOS but it looks like I do actually have it). Ask for a day 21 blood test to see if you’re ovulating, this should be repeated another month too as we sometimes don’t ovulate every cycle! My doc also sent me for a pelvic ultrasound. If your doc doesn’t offer you this, push for it!! They can’t refuse to refer you:)
Thank you for the reply! Can I ask, did you go after a year of trying or before? I’ve only been trying 6 months so worried they won’t refer me but then if I suspect PCOS I feel like I’d rather know sooner rather than later! X

Thank you for the reply! Can I ask, did you go after a year of trying or before? I’ve only been trying 6 months so worried they won’t refer me but then if I suspect PCOS I feel like I’d rather know sooner rather than later! X
We’d been trying for two years! But I don’t see the harm in asking for a blood test for hormone levels or asking for a scan because you suspect PCOS

Has anyone been more careful with medication when TTC? I’ve been put on antibiotics today, just wondering whether I should have mentioned this to the doctor or whether it would change what I was prescribed?

Going out of my mind ladies. Took a test & I’ve got the faintest line can’t work out for the life of me if it’s an evap line of big fat positive. I’m 12dpo. I thought I was seeing things at first but my partner can see it too 😣 waiting till my period is due to retest on Thursday is going to drive me insane.
How are you all?! X

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.