TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm having a very light period, 4 weeks after having a miscarriage at 12 weeks. I'm going to start tracking again although god knows if this is my actual period or what. Think I'm going to just chill over Christmas and then start tracking ovulation in the new year. How is everyone doing?
So sorry to hear that x

Chilling over Christmas sounds like a good idea. It’s always such a busy time anyway so it’s good to take some time out for yourself too

Reactions: 2
So grateful for this thread thank you!

so we’ve been TTC for three months.

I have just come off the pill after being on it for over 10 years and I can safely say my cycle is up and running now.

my cycle is usually 32 days long and I’m using an ovulation app and I’m ovulating about three days after it predicts I am.

this cycle I’m now 8 DPO and I’m really getting my hope up with symptoms...

creamy CM (usually dry now)
Some EWCM today
Cramping/twinges and bloating
Nauseous feeling
Loss of appetite (usually very hungry before AF)
Really tired
Drier skin (usually quite oily now)

I’m thinking it’s just the start of PMS symptoms but really hoping not.

Good luck to everyone

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m due tomorrow but having the usual PMS so looks like not this month.
good luck to everyone else x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Still no signs of my period, but I do have some PMS symptoms. Ugh, waiting is the worst part, isn't it?
Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone 🤞❤

• Heart
So sorry to hear that x

Chilling over Christmas sounds like a good idea. It’s always such a busy time anyway so it’s good to take some time out for yourself too
Thank you. Yeah I'm not going to worry about ovulation dates etc over Xmas but I'll be interested to know what happens with my cycle after the miscarriage. I'm never very regular so who knows.

7 years trying and still no luck, I’ve had 2 miscarriages and 3 chemicals and unexplained infertility, no one takes my husband and I serious, we are finally able to start IVF PGD in the next few months but it’s likely another 2 years to wait until our little one joins us.
it’s such an incredible lonely journey. Good luck to you all sending baby dust

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
The person who said “I spent my adult life trying not to get pregnant” is so spot on! We started trying two years ago. Fell pregnant first month and had a missed miscarriage confirmed at almost 11 weeks. Was very pragmatic about it, to the point that the Early Pregnancy Unit sent two different midwives to talk to me because I was “too okay about it”. I wasn’t; I just have been brought up with a maternal line who had multiple losses and who spoke very openly about it.

Spent a year TTC, nothing, referred for fertility treatment and had my MMR (my surgery had no record so I had to get it again) and all blood work done. Husband had his lovely plastic tube! During the wait for an appt.... fell pregnant. Naturally referral was cancelled but three weeks later, I miscarried again. This was during lockdown and I have found the Lockdown Baby Boom particularly hard given the multitude of flippant comments from people “not even trying”.

The positive is I’ve been referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic, have tested positive for sticky blood and am on daily aspirin, with progesterone should I get pregnant again. Have a lovely consultant and GP which is half the battle I think.

I track things, make sure we have sex at least every other day and that we take our vitamins. My husband’s nice Calvin Klein boxer briefs are in the drawer and he is in baggy old man boxers. We won’t be considered for another fertility referral until January (six month wait because of my age) and it just feels utterly all consuming. Well meaning friends say to relax, when it’s the last thing you can do and which also puts the emphasis on you and it being your fault. It isn’t. We all need to be a lot kinder to ourselves.

Anyway, for now we keep trying and have the horrible two week wait every month, where every twinge and every wave of nausea makes you think “Maybe this time”. I always assumed having the baby was the easy part, it was raising the child that was tough. I had no idea getting - or staying - pregnant would be the battle.

Sending you all love. If anything this has shown we aren’t alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
On a long journey here, it will be 8 years since we started ttc in March.

Was referred for IVF after all tests were normal. 2 fresh rounds of IVF And 1 FET didn't even get us pregnant. We got pregnant naturally between the wait for the FET but I miscarried at around 7 weeks and have never been pregnant since.

We've been more so not trying/not preventing for the last 2 years as we feel like we've given up.

Currently trying to work on cutting alcohol out of my life again. Didn't drink for over 6 years but the miscarriage changed that. Obviously that isn't going to help with fertility.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just wanted to send a little love to you all on here. Spent 4 years TTC with my ex and had 2 mmc. Even now that DH and I have our gang, I can still remember the pain of BFNs, the TWW and the constant heartache of waiting and waiting. Sending everyone waiting a big hug, especially at this time of year ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
9 DPO today and having stretchy cm which I do not normally get. But mild cramping which does feel similar to pms symptoms.

I find waiting for ovulation actually harder than the TWW. Probably because I don’t usually ovulate until CD20-25 and then my TWW is usually only 9 days 😂 currently on CD 17 and just longing for that positive OPK. Hope everyone is doing ok

Reactions: 1
So glad to find this thread!

I’m two years into the journey, had a range of tests and nothing is coming up as unusual.

stressed as duck teacher which doesn’t help but I’m feeling so lost and disheartened with it at the moment. I can’t get it out of my head that I’m not getting pregnant because my body/the world or whatever knows I wouldn’t be a good mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So glad to find this thread!

I’m two years into the journey, had a range of tests and nothing is coming up as unusual.

stressed as duck teacher which doesn’t help but I’m feeling so lost and disheartened with it at the moment. I can’t get it out of my head that I’m not getting pregnant because my body/the world or whatever knows I wouldn’t be a good mum.
I don’t know if it is your thing or if you would hate it but I felt like this for so long and then started following @thisisalicerose on Insta. It’s completely changed my mindset and my ideas that the universe is against me or my body is sabotaging. Sending you a huge hug.

Not completely relevant but I’ve been told that my job is at risk of redundancy next year. I’m so gutted as it’s going to throw a spanner in the works with my baby plans! I’m all ready with my ovulation strips for our first proper month of trying and now I don’t know what to do ☹

A few people have said “don’t worry you’re only young” (I’m 27) but I’ve been waiting for this ‘right time’ for so long now I’m just so gutted. Part of me is tempted to just start trying anyway.

• Heart
Not completely relevant but I’ve been told that my job is at risk of redundancy next year. I’m so gutted as it’s going to throw a spanner in the works with my baby plans! I’m all ready with my ovulation strips for our first proper month of trying and now I don’t know what to do ☹

A few people have said “don’t worry you’re only young” (I’m 27) but I’ve been waiting for this ‘right time’ for so long now I’m just so gutted. Part of me is tempted to just start trying anyway.
like you I’ve been waiting for “the right time” my partner has wanted for ages and I said we needed a bigger house, more money behind us, I needed to have been in my job longer, further in my career etc. Then I got a new job a year ago and despise it and can’t find a new one so I’ve been like I should wait for a new job then stay there 6months - 1 year before getting pregnant. Now this year I’ve realised life is too short and family is the most important thing and the only job I’ve ever really wanted is to be a mum. I’m also 27 and I honestly thought trying to not get pregnant was the hard bit. We’ve only been trying a couple of months but I was so naive and thought it would be pretty instant and then it kicks in if it doesn’t happen soon I won’t be a mum in 2021 either. Time ticks away from you and now I’ve been reading fertility declines from 27 I thought it was 30’s. Most of my friends are already mums and I’m feeling so old. If you want it just go for it life’s too short.

• Heart
Looking for some advice on what the best app is to track your cycle? I’m not TTC just now but will be next year after a fabulous all inclusive holiday, COVID dependent obviously 🤞🏻 I’m 32 and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19 however my symptoms have eased a lot over the past few years and my period is more or less to the day now but know it still might be a struggle for me to fall pregnant.

There never is a ‘right time’ honestly Im currently pregnant with my first fell pregnant over the first lockdown and I really wanted us to have bought and be moved in to our own house before we had kids and not be in the middle of a pandemic, but life really is too short and a baby is always a blessing at any time although to you it may not seem like the ‘ideal’ time. Sending everyone on this post lots of baby dust and hope yous all get your little babies soon ❤❤

Reactions: 7
How do you track the OPKs? I’m currently tracking my cycle with Flo I’m CD7 so going to start the opk strips soon I have the one step cheapies from Amazon - do you log them in an app to see the difference every day? How do people do it? Sorry new to all this! Tia

like you I’ve been waiting for “the right time” my partner has wanted for ages and I said we needed a bigger house, more money behind us, I needed to have been in my job longer, further in my career etc. Then I got a new job a year ago and despise it and can’t find a new one so I’ve been like I should wait for a new job then stay there 6months - 1 year before getting pregnant. Now this year I’ve realised life is too short and family is the most important thing and the only job I’ve ever really wanted is to be a mum. I’m also 27 and I honestly thought trying to not get pregnant was the hard bit. We’ve only been trying a couple of months but I was so naive and thought it would be pretty instant and then it kicks in if it doesn’t happen soon I won’t be a mum in 2021 either. Time ticks away from you and now I’ve been reading fertility declines from 27 I thought it was 30’s. Most of my friends are already mums and I’m feeling so old. If you want it just go for it life’s too short.
Thank you for this, sounds like we’re in the same boat. That’s exactly what I keep saying to my partner - we might put it off until I hear about my job next year, but then it could still take ages. He’s supportive and wants a baby too but I think it’s completely different for women. I have that same feeling, I just want to be a mum and I know the pressure I’m feeling is only from myself but I just don’t want to wait any longer!

There never is a ‘right time’ honestly Im currently pregnant with my first fell pregnant over the first lockdown and I really wanted us to have bought and be moved in to our own house before we had kids and not be in the middle of a pandemic, but life really is too short and a baby is always a blessing at any time although to you it may not seem like the ‘ideal’ time. Sending everyone on this post lots of baby dust and hope yous all get your little babies soon ❤❤
Thank you - I think you’re right, there’ll always be something! We were waiting until we had moved house, which we have now, but the redundancy thing has now happened. In hindsight now I’m think we should have started trying earlier but it’s one of those things isn’t it. Congratulations on your pregnancy though, so exciting!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.