TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😂 thank you. Have they been useful? I’m using the Ovia app to track ovulation but I don’t know how accurate it is and I’m worried I’m missing my chances!
They are really useful! I would honestly recommend them, tracking on the app alone isn’t accurate with the tests you can see when your LH ( luteinising hormone) is on the up which means ovulation is on its way you then hit your peak & go into luteal phase.
Also sorry if that makes no sense

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Yes! As I’mthankyou_ said, they are so useful! I use Flo and it has never got my ovulation date right. Sometimes I wish I’d never discovered them though as I’ve become a bit obsessed with tracking everything now and I’m so far down that hole I don’t think there’s a way back to the “just relax and see what happens” mindset. (Edited as I @ the wrong person 🤦🏼‍♀️)

Reactions: 2
Yes! As I’mthankyou_ said, they are so useful! I use Flo and it has never got my ovulation date right. Sometimes I wish I’d never discovered them though as I’ve become a bit obsessed with tracking everything now and I’m so far down that hole I don’t think there’s a way back to the “just relax and see what happens” mindset. (Edited as I @ the wrong person 🤦🏼‍♀️)
Yes me too! I find myself finding the best light for the best result 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m trying to follow the sperm meets egg method too just so I don’t get overly obsessed with tracking my cycle!

Reactions: 4
Great thread idea! I have two kids and I've just had a missed miscarriage at 12weeks. I'm very lucky to have two children and I conceive relatively quickly but I've had multiple miscarriages. I don't know when my period is due now so who knows?! I'd like to start trying properly again in January. sending lots of love to everyone!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
They are really useful! I would honestly recommend them, tracking on the app alone isn’t accurate with the tests you can see when your LH ( luteinising hormone) is on the up which means ovulation is on its way you then hit your peak & go into luteal phase.
Also sorry if that makes no sense
I’m going to give them a go! Just had a look online and it looks like clear blue do them so I might see if I can pick some up tomorrow. Also think I need to do a bit more reading up about the other bits 😂

Reactions: 1
Period due tomorrow. Felt my very normal PMS symptoms today (headache, mood swings) but there’s still a little part of me holding out hope that it won’t come and I’m actually pregnant.

Reactions: 7
I’m going to give them a go! Just had a look online and it looks like clear blue do them so I might see if I can pick some up tomorrow. Also think I need to do a bit more reading up about the other bits 😂
Personally I’d go for the Easy@Home ones from Amazon, there’s an app to go with it & it gives you a ratio, along with tracking your cycle & symptoms & BBT. The clear blue ones work out so expensive in the long run. It’s all a learning curve I’m so glad I found this thread I’ve not told anyone we’re trying for baby #2 so it’s been driving me insane🤣

Personally I’d go for the Easy@Home ones from Amazon, there’s an app to go with it & it gives you a ratio, along with tracking your cycle & symptoms & BBT. The clear blue ones work out so expensive in the long run. It’s all a learning curve I’m so glad I found this thread I’ve not told anyone we’re trying for baby #2 so it’s been driving me insane🤣
i feel the same! It’s always on my mind but I can’t talk to anyone about it! Also finding it hard as a close friend has just had a baby. I’m over the moon for her but find the constant updates and baby pics are like a dagger in the heart sometimes. It’s not her fault though as she has no idea we are trying

Great thread idea! I have two kids and I've just had a missed miscarriage at 12weeks. I'm very lucky to have two children and I conceive relatively quickly but I've had multiple miscarriages. I don't know when my period is due now so who knows?! I'd like to start trying properly again in January. sending lots of love to everyone!
im so sorry to hear about your losses. Sending hugs and positive vibes 😘

Thank you! Straight on Amazon 😂

I feel the same. The only two of my close friends who have babies were happy accidents, so I don’t have anyone to discuss these things with! Feel like this thread is going to be very helpful haha

Hey I am 27 and TTC #1. Was on the pill (ridigevon) for 10 years came off Sept 2020. I have had fairly regular periods since then, 28/29 day cycles tracking with flo app. I have not tracked ovulation yet but ordered opks from Amazon for this month. Still getting used to this and don’t fully understand so I got my period yesterday so is that cycle day 1? When do I start the opks?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hey I am 27 and TTC #1. Was on the pill (ridigevon) for 10 years came off Sept 2020. I have had fairly regular periods since then, 28/29 day cycles tracking with flo app. I have not tracked ovulation yet but ordered opks from Amazon for this month. Still getting used to this and don’t fully understand so I got my period yesterday so is that cycle day 1? When do I start the opks?
First day of your period is day 1. I start the OPKs around 5 days after my period has ended around day 12/13. It's new to me too I've spent too long googling everything 🤦‍♀️ good luck!! x

Period due tomorrow. Felt my very normal PMS symptoms today (headache, mood swings) but there’s still a little part of me holding out hope that it won’t come and I’m actually pregnant.
My period will probably start around the 28th/30th.
Have some PMS symptoms as well... Losing hope and feeling absolutely shattered at the moment 😩

• Sad
My period will probably start around the 28th/30th.
Have some PMS symptoms as well... Losing hope and feeling absolutely shattered at the moment 😩
Ahh fingers crossed for you. Mines still not arrived but I’ve had serious lower back ache all day.

• Heart
I’m a day late for period but just tested and got a negative :( so disappointing.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I’m a day late for period but just tested and got a negative :( so disappointing.
Im not TTC but I saw your post. If it gives you any hope when I was pregnant my period was late and I tested after 3 days and it was negative so I carried on as normal assuming it was just everything settling as I’d just come off the pill after 10years+.

A week later still nothing, no symptoms of period or pregnancy so I tested again expecting it to be negative and it was positive.
He’s an 18 month old monster now ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anyone know what happens when you change NHS trust re fertility investigations? I’m about to have my CT scan in a few weeks for my cysts, and then after that the doc thinks I’ll be referred to gynocology. However I’m moving 150 miles away in a few weeks!! Should I change docs and make an appointment letting my new doctor know what stage I’m up to regarding investigations, or can my current doc refer me to a gyno in a different trust (the trust I’ll be moving to) and then I can go from there?

I'm having a very light period, 4 weeks after having a miscarriage at 12 weeks. I'm going to start tracking again although god knows if this is my actual period or what. Think I'm going to just chill over Christmas and then start tracking ovulation in the new year. How is everyone doing?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.