TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
like you I’ve been waiting for “the right time” my partner has wanted for ages and I said we needed a bigger house, more money behind us, I needed to have been in my job longer, further in my career etc. Then I got a new job a year ago and despise it and can’t find a new one so I’ve been like I should wait for a new job then stay there 6months - 1 year before getting pregnant. Now this year I’ve realised life is too short and family is the most important thing and the only job I’ve ever really wanted is to be a mum. I’m also 27 and I honestly thought trying to not get pregnant was the hard bit. We’ve only been trying a couple of months but I was so naive and thought it would be pretty instant and then it kicks in if it doesn’t happen soon I won’t be a mum in 2021 either. Time ticks away from you and now I’ve been reading fertility declines from 27 I thought it was 30’s. Most of my friends are already mums and I’m feeling so old. If you want it just go for it life’s too short.
I feel the same as you. I’m 28 now and I keep thinking how I really hope this is my last Christmas with just my boyfriend and I. I’ll be gutted if it’s still just the 2 of us this time next year 😔 got to keep positive though 💕

Reactions: 4
Not completely relevant but I’ve been told that my job is at risk of redundancy next year. I’m so gutted as it’s going to throw a spanner in the works with my baby plans! I’m all ready with my ovulation strips for our first proper month of trying and now I don’t know what to do ☹

A few people have said “don’t worry you’re only young” (I’m 27) but I’ve been waiting for this ‘right time’ for so long now I’m just so gutted. Part of me is tempted to just start trying anyway.
It’s tit isn’t it - echo what others are saying though, I don’t think there is ever the ideal time! Especially not in 2020 😂 the redundancy stuff is scary though, I went through the same earlier this year (I was very lucky that my job was safe) and it’s not nice thinking of the alternative ie being jobless with a new baby. The waiting and uncertainty is the worst. I hope it all turns out OK for you!

Reactions: 1
like you I’ve been waiting for “the right time” my partner has wanted for ages and I said we needed a bigger house, more money behind us, I needed to have been in my job longer, further in my career etc. Then I got a new job a year ago and despise it and can’t find a new one so I’ve been like I should wait for a new job then stay there 6months - 1 year before getting pregnant. Now this year I’ve realised life is too short and family is the most important thing and the only job I’ve ever really wanted is to be a mum. I’m also 27 and I honestly thought trying to not get pregnant was the hard bit. We’ve only been trying a couple of months but I was so naive and thought it would be pretty instant and then it kicks in if it doesn’t happen soon I won’t be a mum in 2021 either. Time ticks away from you and now I’ve been reading fertility declines from 27 I thought it was 30’s. Most of my friends are already mums and I’m feeling so old. If you want it just go for it life’s too short.
There never is a right time. If we all spent our lives waiting for the right time, there would be hardly and children. The right time is the second they come along & you hold them in your arms, everything makes sense ❤

Reactions: 6
Has anyone tried the clear blue digital ovulation kit? Thinking of getting one for this month?

Not completely relevant but I’ve been told that my job is at risk of redundancy next year. I’m so gutted as it’s going to throw a spanner in the works with my baby plans! I’m all ready with my ovulation strips for our first proper month of trying and now I don’t know what to do ☹

A few people have said “don’t worry you’re only young” (I’m 27) but I’ve been waiting for this ‘right time’ for so long now I’m just so gutted. Part of me is tempted to just start trying anyway.
Honestly, just start trying. If you’re ready; go for it. I had a family member at the beginning of the year try and tell me to not try for a baby cause of covid. I’m self employed and currently 5 months pregnant now! Not the most ideal situation but as long as you have a roof over your head and lots of love for baby (obviously I know you need more things, but if money is tight you can get some amazing used stuff for babies)
Without sounding negative; you just don’t know how long it’ll take! We took about 18 months which shocked me cause of us being “young” but sometimes things take a little longer! There were tonnes of things that I could have said to delay trying for a baby (wanting to move house, wanting more holidays etc) but we just thought sod it, we will see what happens! Good luck with whatever you choose to do 😊

Honestly, just start trying. If you’re ready; go for it. I had a family member at the beginning of the year try and tell me to not try for a baby cause of covid. I’m self employed and currently 5 months pregnant now! Not the most ideal situation but as long as you have a roof over your head and lots of love for baby (obviously I know you need more things, but if money is tight you can get some amazing used stuff for babies)
Without sounding negative; you just don’t know how long it’ll take! We took about 18 months which shocked me cause of us being “young” but sometimes things take a little longer! There were tonnes of things that I could have said to delay trying for a baby (wanting to move house, wanting more holidays etc) but we just thought sod it, we will see what happens! Good luck with whatever you choose to do 😊
Yeah your point about how long it could take is so true - we could wait another year and it could potentially not happen straight away then either. We’ve decided to start trying now and just see what happens! Hopefully it’ll all work itself out in the end.

I’ve heard people say the same about pregnancy during Covid but aside from the changes in hospital appointments etc then that’s another thing you can’t really wait for either - who knows how long this will all last for! Good luck with your pregnancy 😊

Thank you everyone who replied about my crap redundancy situation, I’ve not told people that we’re starting to try yet so I haven’t been able to moan properly to anyone! This thread has really helped ❤

• Heart
Well I’m out this month 😔 really felt like I had positive symptoms during my dpo wait. But AF is back 😔 gutted.
Good luck everyone.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Well I’m out this month 😔 really felt like I had positive symptoms during my dpo wait. But AF is back 😔 gutted.
Good luck everyone.
I’m with you. I had so many signs this months but AF started on Sunday. Stay positive, we can do this.

• Sad
I’m with you. I had so many signs this months but AF started on Sunday. Stay positive, we can do this.
its so disheartening isn’t it. I was comparing symptoms to last month and I was just so sure. Shows how every cycle can be different. Thank you, we can. Sending you lots of luck! Let’s hope this month is the month x x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
7DPO here & ive honestly got the worst stomach pains. Don’t know if they’re cramps or pain. I’m so gassy, my poor partner is sick of me passing wind😖 Really hoping it’s not AF preparing to show early. I honestly can’t remember if this is how I felt with my first pregnancy as he was a happy accident nearly 8 years ago

• Heart
Reactions: 2
7DPO here & ive honestly got the worst stomach pains. Don’t know if they’re cramps or pain. I’m so gassy, my poor partner is sick of me passing wind😖 Really hoping it’s not AF preparing to show early. I honestly can’t remember if this is how I felt with my first pregnancy as he was a happy accident nearly 8 years ago
good luck! Let us know how you get on x

I couldn’t hold on any longer, I did a test & it came back negative. AF due next Thursday. I’ve never felt like this before I am due on so I’m truly praying I may get a positive soon. 😔

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.