Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CNK

I had my hycosy last month, everything looked okay.unfortunately no bfp for me that cycle. Keeping everything crossed for this month and the next few of course. Over 2 years TTC now and finding it harder and harder emotionally.
Same had one just before Christmas, still not pregnant. Trying not to focus on it this month so prob gonna unwatch the thread here, ridiculous, I know but find it hard when people I don't even know are announcing their pregnancies here lol

Good luck to everyone trying xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Gizmo92

Have seen it mentioned a couple of times on here but wanted to say I’m totally feeling that shit feeling of knowing that this is the last chance of a baby in 2021. It’s not helpful to think like that at all but it’s so hard to not let your mind go there. Thinking of everyone 💕

• Heart

Makeupaddict5

Awww good luck. You must be going crazy. That negative you get when period is due but it has not came is the worst. As you sit there thinking there’s something wrong with the test, the time you took it, maybe you don’t have enough HCG hormones. Plus your body and mind play tricks on you.
You think getting pregnant is simple.

I am on the TWW. I wish someone could knock me out for 2 weeks and I wake up knocked up haha. I am finding things to do to occupy my time.
Hard I tell you very hard.

• Heart
I've been watching this thread for a while now but have finally taken the plunge to get involved. I came off the pill in around November time not for any reason other than the fact I'd been on it for over 10 years. Myself and my partner agreed that if it happens, great, if it doesn't, also fine. My cycles returned to normal pretty quickly and I get regular enough cycles to track now. As time has gone on, we've decided that actually there will be no better time than now to try as we always felt like we were putting it off for one reason or another but really is anybody ever in the perfect situation to have a baby?? We've both got stable jobs and have recently moved into a 3 bedroom house so I'm becoming more and more desperate to conceive. I've just this month started using ovulation test strips because I wanted to see how accurate the estimates on flo/maya/premum are. This may sound incredibly naive and I can only apologise for my ignorance but all through my teenage years and early twenties, people scare you into thinking it's super easy to get pregnant (I appreciate it is for some people and I know for some people it only takes 1 try) but we've dtd every single month on the days leading up to and on ovulation day and yet nothing!! I never appreciated how hard it would be to conceive and the longer it takes, the more desperate I become! I'm currently 1dpo so dreading another for tww!! Sorry for this long rambling message, needed somewhere to get my thoughts and feelings out 🤦‍♀️

• Heart

Ilando

VIP Member
This might be a load of rubbish and clearly has no medical basis but just a thought...

I read about the goodness of manuka honey so started having a tablespoon a day. It’s the only thing that changed when we were trying to conceive for years without success. We’ve been on the pregncare vitamins etc for years and were about to start ivf. Lots of surgeries for endometriosis etc.

2 months after starting with the honey, we conceived! Probably a coincidence but you never know xxx

• Heart

cookiemunchmunch

Hi everyone, I've not posted much since my last cycle. I'm finding this one really hard for some reason, I'm only 5DPO but already feel like I'm preparing for disappointment, I've been so tearful for the last 24 hours (even cried myself to sleep which is so silly). I'm so happy for everyone who is getting their BFP but it's all I can think about. 😖 Anyone else not feeling great?
I’m pretty much the same, I’m happy for everyone and I can only hope for happy and healthy pregnancies. ❤

Personally, I feel like I’ll literally never get pregnant, it feels like such a distant reality for me and I’ve only been TTC since September 2020. I’ve stopped doing opks not only because the easy at home ones are out of stock here, but also to try and not think about this as much as I can. I’ve also found myself checking this thread less often because the moment I start thinking about it more the more overwhelmed I get with the feeling that it will never happen to me. Then again I do tend to always assume the worst so I’m not really doing myself any favors. I know there are many positive angles I can look at this from instead but sometimes it’s just too much! I feel so negative and I don’t want to dampen anyone’s BFP news, I just needed to get this off my chest x

• Heart

Clojo92

Had our fertility appointment today! Some positives, she called my husbands sperm ‘super sperm’ 🤣 doesn’t know if I have PCOS or PCO, which I didn’t even know was a thing! Need to have an ultrasound and blood test which she will arrange in the next two weeks, and then depending on that an X-ray with contrast to see if there are any blockages.

It was nice to actually speak to someone who understood what we are going through and feel so relieved that we are finally moving forward.

• Heart

Sunshinegal

I'm feeling much better today. Sorry for my sad posts yesterday. But I'm feeling much better and positive today. I hope your all okay today as well!

We can do this. We will get our 2022 babies ❤

• Heart

Sunshinegal

Its the worst isn't it, wanting to get excited and then it seems its even more disappointing when you feel like why did I even get excited
I think I always look negative on threads because I always say it won't happen. I do this to protect myself. I still obviously hope. But I feel horrific when AF comes and getting excited would make me feel even worse when i get the no again. This time with being late I still said it won't happen, I kept telling myself, but I obviously had that feeling inside me that I couldn't help of excitement creeping in, sadly I was right though.
I am also glad I never used the test, that would have made me worse. On the day AF comes I just feel like I want to give up, because I feel like my heart is physically hurting and after this long, will it ever happen. I can't imagine it.
I feel bad for putting this sadness on here but I think you will all understand.
Tommorow will be a new day though.
Another friend just told me she's pregnant.. I'm so happy for her, just feeling sad for me. Feel ridiculous saying it out loud so don't have anyone else to talk to about it. Grateful for this group ❤
This is normal. It's hard because you are happy for them but it's hurts for you. You don't want their baby, you want your own.
I have done the same, I have plastered on my best smile and wrote a big excited message, then cried my eyes out at home. I felt horribly guilty. But I wasn't upset at their news, I was upset at why I can't seem to get my own. When will I get my happy news to tell people?!
We understand you here x

• Heart

Mathilderose99

I’ve got a darker line this morning on clear blue & now showing on the hcg pre-mom tests too - what test should I get to confirm I feel like I can’t believe it ? Maybe one that actually says pregnant lol. I’m 11 days post ov - period due Thursday! Thanks for the support on here this thread has been my lifesaver !

• Heart

Lola UK

VIP Member
Well I bought a digi CB and BFN 😟 can’t get any clearer than “not pregnant”. It’s like a punch to the gut! Just want AF to arrive now to end this waiting game. I’m having a glass of Prosecco!

good luck to those testing in the next few days 🤞🏻

• Heart

Elsass

Chatty Member
So fed up and really starting to believe it will never happen. My husbands brother and his wife got pregnant accidentally and all anyone talks about is the baby, lots of Covid rules being broken for all the family to visit as much as they want, I’ve worked a really stressful frontline job the whole way through and just feel like I’m being punished and they’re rubbing it in my face. Which I know they’re not, but I have to walk away from conversations about that baby or anyone else pregnant because my heart just can’t cope

Does anyone know the average time to conceive? I know 92% in a year is what the NHS say but my brain just keeps going to, if I was fertile, I’d be pregnant by now 😔

• Heart

DaisyDaisy87

VIP Member
I’m only in my first proper month of trying but it’s amazing how much you suddenly learn about your body! I genuinely used to think the slight twinge of pain in my ovary could be the onset of cancer or something haha... so dramatic! I never knew when I was ovulating or the signs or anything until now and now I’m taking time to research, things like ovulation pains now make sense! Quite fascinated about how amazing our bodies are!

Hey everyone, I'm 29 30 in November. I have endometriosis and my partner had testicular cancer 6 years ago. We had a miscarriage last may at 8 weeks and have been ttc since July with no luck.
I had an appointment this morning with my gynaecologist and he told me I was ovulating later than I thought. The egg is 2.8cm and he said its perfect. We are going to bd tonight and in the morning. I really hope this is our month.

Baby dust to you all
❤❤
Good luck! ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Gizmo92

I’ve been taking the pregnacare preconception tablets since July and still not pregnant 🙈 every time I have to buy a new pack it breaks my heart a little as I always hope I can “graduate” to the pregnancy ones 😂 I feel the same about the pregnancy thread on here. I’m a lurker on it but hope one day to actually post on there!!

I’ve been taking the pregnacare preconception tablets since July and still not pregnant 🙈 every time I have to buy a new pack it breaks my heart a little as I always hope I can “graduate” to the pregnancy ones 😂 I feel the same about the pregnancy thread on here. I’m a lurker on it but hope one day to actually post on there!!
Just quoting myself to add, obviously not bashing the pregnacare tablets. There’s other reasons why I haven’t got pregnant (PCOS) so don’t want to put anyone off buying them! X

• Heart

pinkstock

My BBT thermometer arrived today, excited to learn more about my body!! Just want to say I really appreciate being able to read all of the advice on support. it's such a lovely community here. I've felt so lonely since coming off the pill, its a massive weight keeping it all a secret and to know I can come here and read your stories and advice gives me so much comfort.

Niamhm and Mel17 - your tests look promising, keeping fingers crossed for you, best of luck ❤

• Heart

Clojo92

Wow I feel this!
The whole 'just relax' 'forget about it' 'stop thinking about it' 'it'll happen when it's meant to' yep you've been saying that for over a year now your advice ain't worked????😂
Also really pisses me off when it's someone who got pregnant straight away and tells me I need to relax. They have NO IDEA what TTC for a long time feels like. I have one who actually acts a bit annoyed with the 'I've told you to just relax!!' When I have mentioned it a few months later again. Like as if I just did that it would happen and its annoying having to tell me again. Just feel like saying fuck off😑
I have a friend who started trying around the same time as us, she fell pregnant on the 2nd cycle and has a beautiful baby girl, but I had to bite my tongue when she said “when I stopped thinking about it, it happened!” Like SERIOUSLY?! 🤦🏻‍♀️

It’s made me really angry and bitter towards anyone who are ttc! I get jealous when I see people talking about ‘oh trying for no.2’ like I can’t tell you how badly I just want one!! It’s so difficult and tiring.

• Heart

Cooksie

VIP Member
Read some of the last 50 pages. Lots of info
Sorry if you feel I shouldn’t have spoken up for advice and just read 😔 I have read all of them. I have been following for some time and there is so much to take in when you feel overwhelmed by the situation. I downloaded the Ovia app after seeing on here but there’s so much you have to answer and was simply hoping someone wouldn’t mind sharing how they started to take all of the information in and if they had any recommendations of resource for ‘beginners’ as such.

• Heart

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Just took a pregnancy test, one of those early response ones and got a big fat negative. Feel a bit sad even though I promised I wouldn’t.

• Heart