Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Makeupaddict5

Hi my tattle loves. So, after posting that we were taking a break a few days ago until my fertility referral, and throwing ourselves into a house move/putting the house on the market, I thought ‘hey, I’d better just check if I’m pregnant...lol that would really be a spanner in the works’ well it’s only bloody positive! I am in shock atm and we have had to rejiggle all our plans but we will make it work 💕
Congratulations xx

Clojo92

Today my AF came and I’m now starting to think maybe I need to give up in this journey to motherhood. My husband is significantly older and I’m now thinking I’m out of time. I feel like I’m in a dark place today. I have to really think about our next move. I am genuinely not ok today. I’ve had enough the last 2 years and a bit.
I'm really sorry you feel like this and I can totally relate. Sending you lots of love ❤ Have you been seen by fertility? I know it's so easy for me to say don't give up when you feel the way you do. I hope you have lots of support around you IRL x

pinkstock

Funny you should mention this... i have the Easy @Home brand and then an basic cheap brand. There is a massive difference! Same sample, same time!
No WAY! I'm actually in shock..... the Boots own brand aren't even that cheap here in Ireland but I just get "basic" vibes from them lol. I may jump on to Amazon and do an order on my lunch break. Thank you so much!!

Dipdab

VIP Member
Hi guys, so I’ve had a bit of a frustrating morning and wondering if anyone could help. I have been having lots of symptoms - bloat, dry mouth, extreme tiredness, nausea. I’m still a few days (7 lol - my cycle is long) away from AF and thought I’d take a test just to see even though v early. I took one of the tesco cheapy ones, immediately it was negative but I went upstairs about half an hour later and it had a faint positive (?!) but I know they can be a bit funny so got a clear blue 6 days before period one, again, negative BUT an hour later has shown a clear but still faint positive. I took 2 of these at the same time to double check, one is negative and one is positive. Could this be evap lines?! Doing my head in! Has anyone else had this?! I’ve never had any problems with evap lines before when a definite negative (and I know they say to discard the test after 10 mins or whatever but it’s still driving me mad 😂) the other 2 I’ve taken are completely blank.
I haven’t experienced this with HPT but I have left cheapie OPK out for a while and found they were positive after 30 mins or so when nothing showed before. So could be? As it’s still so early I would probably suggest to keep testing with first morning urine see if the line appears quicker?

Jmx

Chatty Member
Hey girls! This has prob been asked loads but I’m not actually trying, just worrying so going to buy a test and wondering if you always test with your first wee of the day? Or any time will do?

JLXRD

VIP Member
CD14 onwards is usually the most typical - you don’t want to ovulate any sooner as the follicles need time to grow and get big. CD14 is based on a typical 28 day cycle but most cycles off the pill are longer so I would think you’re starting to get into territory now. Also keep checking CM too as I find thats a great way to see what your body is doing
I hope so grumpy, I’m gonna keep testing twice a day until it happens whenever that may be! I’m not expecting to get pregnant first cycle, I just want to know when I can start thinking I might actually be in with a chance I suppose. I’ve been trying to monitor CM and would say on that basis I should be close to ovulating (which I think has made me a bit frustrated at just zero movement on my LH tests!)

I have been having a read back through this thread and saw you got the CB digital test with the smilies which tbh I may invest in if I run out of strips before I see a line, seems a lot less stressful than assessing the shade of the line every day.

eff29

Out of interest, how quickly does your LH levels go up each day, if any? I'm CD7 and had a jump from 0.13 to 0.27 within a day. I've never had regular periods so have no clue where I'll be at 😩

Smallpotato

VIP Member
My MC was in March and it looks like my period is returning now which is great. So we'll be back to organised sex....my husbands most hated thing. My advice would be to also make sure you do it a couple of times when you're not TTC in the month too...that way they don't think you're just doing it to conceive and you're enjoying it 😂. I know its not easy but I think it must play on mens minds the need for them to give you the goods. Must be a pressure.
literally my husband hates the organised sex, so do I if I’m honest. He’s just made me feel absolutely awful about it all 🥲

We had this problem! We went shopping picked out lingerie together and had a few home date nights.
Also lots of wine helped 😂😅
i am so relieved that it’s not just me and my husband! I’m a nurse and work such long days and nights, I’m just exhausted some days. I’ll try the wine! 🤣

Clojo92

Pretty sure I’m post ovulation now. I track CM because I became obsessed with OPK’s and it made me way more stressed out. But fingers crossed for everyone 🤞🏻

calmyourritas

VIP Member
on the leaflet (I was reading mine last night as it arrived!) I think it said something like it’s down to the hormones being too close together perhaps?
I read that too, wondered if anyone else on here had the same thing. I feel like I’ve missed out on a few days of high fertile days now 😔😔

Makeupaddict5

Hi everyone

I’m not all that sure if this falls into this category or not but anyadvice would be really appreciated.
We’ve been ttc for 6 months. I stopped the pill but hadn’t tracked anything. Periods have been every 4/5 weeks.
I’ve felt quite unwell for a few weeks but had tested positive for Covid. So put it down to that.
I had a routine blood test on Monday which included HCG which has come back as positive. Obviously very shocked but happy.
Went for a scan today as my partner and I were just too excited. I expected to be around 5-6 weeks as my last period was lighter. I’m actually 26 weeks 🤦🏻‍♀️😭.
I’m a bit traumatised. Can’t really talk to the doctor as it’s bank holiday and I’m so worried that we’ve missed bloods/screening and we have not got much time to get used to it!
Has anyone else had anything like this????
Wow congratulations ❤
I hope everything is ok for you.

Daft question possibly but google doesnt really help and i think the abundance of knowledge we all have on here combined would be much more useful : you know the tablets and supplements you can get to ‘improve female fertility’ are these worth taking if all ur fertility tests are normal ie no blockages, ovulating on time, ultrasounds found nothing abnormal. periods regular, blood tests fine? I miscarried in december after trying for 2.5 years. So back on the baby train again however because i know i can get pregnant now and all tests are ok is it worth taking more supplements or are these more for those who have had fertility issues identified? I am grateful i can concieve and have no obvious issues identified however it will be three years of trying soon and its more the unknown thats getting me down when i am doing everything i can?

Daft question possibly but google doesnt really help and i think the abundance of knowledge we all have on here combined would be much more useful : you know the tablets and supplements you can get to ‘improve female fertility’ are these worth taking if all ur fertility tests are normal ie no blockages, ovulating on time, ultrasounds found nothing abnormal. periods regular, blood tests fine? I miscarried in december after trying for 2.5 years. So back on the baby train again however because i know i can get pregnant now and all tests are ok is it worth taking more supplements or are these more for those who have had fertility issues identified? I am grateful i can concieve and have no obvious issues identified however it will be three years of trying soon and its more the unknown thats getting me down when i am doing everything i can?
And when i say supplements i dont mean folic acid/vitamin D as i am already taking them. Another point to make is i took them religiously and we also used the lubrication suitable for fertility and the second month i thought you know what i cant be arsed with this, and stopped taking anything i fell pregnant! So i do know its possible i can do it without but you spend time thinking what if dont you.